Problems With 4G93 Eterna

me car feel much more lighter n much more padat..........
easy pickups...........

b4 tis, yes a few years back......
my 3rd gear came in left the putra behind.........
1 n 2 side by side............

I am using this engine 4G93 DOHC NA on a CB Lancer and matched with a tranny from my old 4G13 engine...ECU is MMC 6123 ..I am not sure from what mitsu is this engine and ecu...

I am having no problem with the engine...it runs well and is fuel effecient, even better in fuel consumption (when used with 4G91 ECU 5660) compare to my old carb 4G13...but idle is erratic with 5669 ECU...

When I use 6123 ECU, fuel is little higher but almost neglegible. Idle is good and consistent too even with the AC on...power and torque are good, though i do not race this engine...

I am using this engine 4G93 DOHC NA on a CB Lancer and matched with a tranny from my old 4G13 engine...ECU is MMC 6123 ..I am not sure from what mitsu is this engine and ecu...

I am having no problem with the engine...it runs well and is fuel effecient, even better in fuel consumption (when used with 4G91 ECU 5660) compare to my old carb 4G13...but idle is erratic with 5669 ECU...

When I use 6123 ECU, fuel is little higher but almost neglegible. Idle is good and consistent too even with the AC on...power and torque are good, though i do not race this engine...

Zth members from Manila....So are u stay in Manila? Where do u get that engine? How about the wiring? Actually this engine is ok.But if compare with our national car model Satria GTi or Putra also using same block 4g93 dohc n/a, this 6123 4g93 got less power than our Malaysian car model 4g93p.Satria GTi using ecu code 2468 if i am not mistaken.The compression ratio also different.

Zth members from Manila....So are u stay in Manila? Where do u get that engine? How about the wiring? Actually this engine is ok.But if compare with our national car model Satria GTi or Putra also using same block 4g93 dohc n/a, this 6123 4g93 got less power than our Malaysian car model 4g93p.Satria GTi using ecu code 2468 if i am not mistaken.The compression ratio also different.

yup, I am from Manila...our engines are imported from Japan as used or surplus engines which usually come with the wiring harness adn ECU...

Isn't it that 4G93 DOHC NA comes with the MMC 5537 ECU? Is 2468 also for 4G93? The 6123 ECU has different wiring, specifically the wirings for the injectors, and the groundings...the rest are the same with the 4G9x DOHC NA non-mivec

When I bought this engine I was given the 7781 ECU...which I came to know to be for the SOCH version, i wasn't able to use this ECU which I eventually gave away...I looked for the 5537 or any other ECU that was really made for 4G93 doch but I cannot find one here...instead I found the 6123 from a local surplus dealers. I learned from this site that 6123 is also made for 4G93 DOHC NA.

I am still looking for the 5537 ECU...but I think I can only import them from outside our country...Would there be anyone from your country willing to sell and ship me a genuine and working MMC 5537 ECU?

Last edited:
ha ha ha if like that call la, i can tell you how. still looking for the 5537 ECU
i have n a lot more 4g9 parts

haha..yup i am in manila but i usually login to this forum for more info...
it's good you have plently of 4G9 parts...can you PM a qoute for a good working condition 5537 ECU plus shipping...I was looking at FedEx site for a possible pricing for next day package, i think its manageable..if we can get through maybe I can also buy other parts online through you of course... :)

and perhaps my other friends from our own auto enthusiast group here can also transact wtih you

Last edited:
haha..yup i am in manila but i usually login to this forum for more info...
it's good you have plently of 4G9 parts...can you PM a qoute for a good working condition 5537 ECU plus shipping...I was looking at FedEx site for a possible pricing for next day package, i think its manageable..if we can get through maybe I can also buy other parts online through you of course... :)

and perhaps my other friends from our own auto enthusiast group here can also transact wtih you

spors, are u cannot find 5537 ecu in manila?

spors, are u cannot find 5537 ecu in manila?

it's difficult to find 5537 ECU here...but i found some 5660 (4G91 DOCH) and 6123 (4G93 doch)...that's why im using this ECU....

it's difficult to find 5537 ECU here...but i found some 5660 (4G91 DOCH) and 6123 (4G93 doch)...that's why im using this ECU....
Why not to try with 7737 or 5663 ecu from gsr? I found your post that u say 4g93 dohc running well with 6123 ecu. I am interested to know why u tap the injector for the wiring? Are u using 4g91 wiring?

Why not to try with 7737 or 5663 ecu from gsr? I found your post that u say 4g93 dohc running well with 6123 ecu. I am interested to know why u tap the injector for the wiring? Are u using 4g91 wiring?

...I did the wiring for this engine. At first i was using the 5660 (4G91 dohc) ecu because I cannot find a 5537 Ecu. When I found the 6123...i had to rewire the injectors, otherwise, the engine runs with wild vibrations because the 2 injectors (2 & 4) won't be firing...the rest of the wires is the same with th 4G9X dohc...

isn't it that 7737 and 5663 for 4G93 dohc with turbo?

Last edited:
...I did the wiring for this engine. At first i was using the 5660 (4G91 dohc) ecu because I cannot find a 5537 Ecu. When I found the 6123...i had to rewire the injectors, otherwise, the engine runs with wild vibrations because the 2 injectors (2 & 4) won't be firing...the rest of the wires is the same with th 4G9X dohc...

isn't it that 7737 and 5663 for 4G93 dohc with turbo?

Yes spors both for gsr turbo but still can use with 4g93 n/a.But the fuel consumption will be little bit higher. So do u mean 4g91 and 4g93 wiring is same?

Yes spors both for gsr turbo but still can use with 4g93 n/a.But the fuel consumption will be little bit higher. So do u mean 4g91 and 4g93 wiring is same?

..I cannot say its exactly the same...i haven't used any other 4G93 doch ecu except the 6123...

but I did use the 5660 for 4G91 and it was wired as 4g91 and my 4G93 was running well except for the lean A/F...but when I plugged in the 6123 in the 4g91 wirings the idle was rough since two injectors were not firing up...further research revealed how to wire the injectors using the 6123 ecu...

i think 5537 ecu will have the same injector wirings with the 5660

Top Bottom