problem about mivec

steven_chong8

Known Member
Aug 27, 2005
puchong
helo~~ anybody can help me ans tis problem,my engine timing, when i wan to stop at traffic light, sure i will free gear and brake slowly, after i free gear, the timing will maintain at 1200 -1400(r.p.m), after i definately stop the car,the timing only will drop down to normal(800-1000),anybody can help me solve tis problem? tell me tis is normal or something wrong??? hopefully u all understand wat i am trying to say....thanks....

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
my L9 4 cyl turbo also hav this prob le.. i tot is normal???
btw bro steven,
timing means ignition timing la.. rpm is rpm...

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L
white_bird said:
my L9 4 cyl turbo also hav this prob le.. i tot is normal???
btw bro steven,
timing means ignition timing la.. rpm is rpm...
RPM means idle lar..not rpm = rpm
no offence :smile:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ahaha, idle is idle(not moving) lerr...RPM is revolutions per minute lerr.... :D ahaha, erm, your problem also i face it sometimes, dunno wether its accelarator cable stuck or just the vacuum thing, not sure leh..i just leave it only, cause mine sometimes will stuck @ 2000RPM, and never wanna come down unless of course i press the pedal to the metal a few times, mine sounds more like a accelarator cable problem than a idling problem tho. so im not too sure either :( hmm....

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
i presume that its the cable that connects to the butterfly at your TB. The Air Intake of a MIVEC has a higher air compression rather than ...lets say 4G93. So the butterfly tend to stay there for a while before it falls back to idle position. Maybe a lil WD40 would help do the job... DIY only if you know how to do it... otherwise go to your respective mechanics.

As for the ISC, you might want to have a look at that, but i would not conclude just then yet...

Cheers... :)

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
when u totally stop da car for sure ur idling will go down more as it consumes more power when motionless, as your cars generator is not charging...applies to all engines.

steven_chong8

Known Member
Aug 27, 2005
puchong
boyzone,yaya....this problem only will happen when i on the air con....u know y?

Last edited:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
that's ur isc calebration problem, just check ur isc with multimeter, should give u in between 45ohm to 65 ohm. if no problem ,I think u should took out ur throttle body to clean and service it, after that to tune back ur idling, this should help :D

steven_chong8

Known Member
Aug 27, 2005
puchong
gavan said:
ahaha, idle is idle(not moving) lerr...RPM is revolutions per minute lerr.... :D ahaha, erm, your problem also i face it sometimes, dunno wether its accelarator cable stuck or just the vacuum thing, not sure leh..i just leave it only, cause mine sometimes will stuck @ 2000RPM, and never wanna come down unless of course i press the pedal to the metal a few times, mine sounds more like a accelarator cable problem than a idling problem tho. so im not too sure either :( hmm....
so u didnt solve the problem lah? but if don solve it, feel not nice o....right?

jzhost

Known Member
Sep 8, 2004
for my experience... the rpm will stay high around 100+ or 200+ from your idle let say 1000 to 1200 rpm on roll...

if high than that probably ur isc is spoilt... because face such problem before and now no more... if spoilt will stay at above 1300... should be like this because very wired

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My original battery +ve terminal had corroded and teared off, hence, went to some garage in puchong to buy a new after market terminal (looked damn big).

After that I've DIY replaced the terminal. Yesterday on the way back from work, while driving at 70km/h, enverthing in the car (signal light, instrument cluster, radio, etc) all went hair wired and the engine suddenly cut out. Moreover, fire sparks are flying all around on the winscreen....Damn scary !!

Luckily I was at the inner...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience