Price Of 2nd Hand Engine For Airtrek Turbo

Evilmaycry

Hi Guys,

I'm newbie in this forum.
Recently I having problem with my engine airtrek turbo. Engine was damaged due to overheated (water tank's casing was leaked and casued the overheating).
I having several question here,
1.) How much for the 2nd hand engine of Airtrek turbo?
2.) I'm planning to change the gearbox also, how much would it be (2nd hand)?
3.) Normally, how much is the labour charge for above project?

I'm concerning the original engine without modify. Is it any workshop for recommend to find a good original airtrek turbo engine? I prefered in Klang or Selangor area if possible.
Appreciated if you guys can give me some advise and guideline in this matter, because it was bothered me for several of days.:bawling:
Thank you very much. :adore:

Attachments

• 20150504_123228.jpg
    20150504_123228.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 20150504_123215.jpg
    20150504_123215.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20150504_123202.jpg
    20150504_123202.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 20150504_123156.jpg
    20150504_123156.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 129
if u prefer much more closer to klang area, u can find revolution autoworks at pusat automobil seksyen 15 shah alam.

pm me if u want details.

if u prefer much more closer to klang area, u can find revolution autoworks at pusat automobil seksyen 15 shah alam.

pm me if u want details.

Tuner or half cut shop? I google, took me to US woh!.....hahhaha:biggrin:

hahah.. no need to google la.. just search in facebook...

they are workshop. the owner himself drove airtrek. he used to work with ingress auto fixing bimmer

hahah.. no need to google la.. just search in facebook...

they are workshop. the owner himself drove airtrek. he used to work with ingress auto fixing bimmer

Because in US got one of same name.....hahhaha:rofl:

Have not been to that area for some time, how is pusat automobil seksyen 15 shah alam doing? More shops now?

Hi Guys,

I'm newbie in this forum.
Recently I having problem with my engine airtrek turbo. Engine was damaged due to overheated (water tank's casing was leaked and casued the overheating).
I having several question here,
1.) How much for the 2nd hand engine of Airtrek turbo?
2.) I'm planning to change the gearbox also, how much would it be (2nd hand)?
3.) Normally, how much is the labour charge for above project?

I'm concerning the original engine without modify. Is it any workshop for recommend to find a good original airtrek turbo engine? I prefered in Klang or Selangor area if possible.
Appreciated if you guys can give me some advise and guideline in this matter, because it was bothered me for several of days.:bawling:
Thank you very much. :adore:

1) Engine is not expensive. Should be around 5-6K including gearbox.
2) If you buy the entire engine, u sud have the gearbox too.
3) Maybe 1.5-2.5K labor.

If I am you, I'll get an Evo engine (8-10K) and swap everythign including the manual tranny. You won't regret. There's a lot of difference between Evo and Airtrek engine tho they're the same code.

3) Maybe 1.5-2.5K labor.

If I am you, I'll get an Evo engine (8-10K) and swap everythign including the manual tranny. You won't regret. There's a lot of difference between Evo and Airtrek engine tho they're the same code.

If not mistaken the air trek engine was detune, right?

Yes... in stock specs, Airtrek produces 240hp as opposed to Evo's 280hp. From hardware prespective, there's quite a lot of difference.

> TD04 vs. TD05 turbine
> 450cc injector vs. 560cc injector
> TMIC vs. FMIC (bigger capacity)
> Higher cams
> ECU mapping
> MAF Sensor

A lot more. That's why many of the Airtrek users bolt on Evo mods and retune to easily get above 300hp in the crank.

I've shared this last time. Anyway, here it is again. Stock Airtrek is 245 I think..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Evo Cams.JPG
    Evo Cams.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 357
Yes... in stock specs, Airtrek produces 240hp as opposed to Evo's 280hp. From hardware prespective, there's quite a lot of difference.

> TD04 vs. TD05 turbine
> Higher cams
> ECU mapping
> MAF Sensor

A lot more. That's why many of the Airtrek users bolt on Evo mods and retune to easily get above 300hp in the crank.

240bhp already more then mine mah!......:driver:

3) Maybe 1.5-2.5K labor.

Thank you for your advise, I also thinking that way. But not easy to find a good condition engine because I'm not familiar for those workshop and engine as well. Scare cheat by them..:bawling:

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Try reading the forum for more info. Anyway you can try Ah Wah workshop...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...49-ah-wahs-new-workshop-location-kinrara.html

It's really help!! Thank you very much...:adore:

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

pm me if u want details.

Ah.....seksyen 15 is nearby the Toyoto factory??:confused:

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

> TD04 vs. TD05 turbine
> Higher cams
> ECU mapping
> MAF Sensor

Wow..thank you for your analysis...:adore:

if u were not into speed and performance, just let it remain stock.. but at least get it reflash to get better FC.

your one manual gb got better response mah.. our trek using slowbox..:banghead:

The stock gearbox is pain in the arse. Very power robbing. If you get somewhere above 250whp on an autobox, easily you're seeing 330hp in the crank! Dyno proven before by changing gearbox alone from auto to manual for a Airtrek with Evo hardware setup, a 50whp was added. No other mods, just gearbox.

Top Bottom