Polymer Sealant VS wax?

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
the deep crystal 3 step system is good. but since you have the scratchX i don't think u need the paint cleaner. but i use the paint cleaner though :P to remove beneath surface defects.

as for the DC step 2 pure polish......personally i prefer Meguiar's #7 show car glaze better. as for step 3 wax, i prefer #20 polymer sealant or NXT tech wax.

but none the less...the DC set is still good. maybe u can give it a try.

hehehe im glad you enjoyed using some elbow grease.....i find it a great work out :) kill 2 birds with one stone. maintain my car and get to work out my arms as well :P

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Has anybody tried Soft 99 BLACK wax? is it any good for black coloured cars?

passangersit

Mar 4, 2007
hey the PG polymer sealant will go well after using the PG Clay..
the PG clay smoothen up the surface first before u apply the sealant.

I am not too sure whether i doing it correctly or not.
After washing the car, dry the car with those yellow cloth that hardens after left for a while.

Then a small bucket with clay do by section, start with bonet. Then with the area a little wet apply sealant, leave it for a while then wipe it dry. Quite satisfied with it.

If there is other bettew way please advice.

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
ur doing it correctly buddy. the reason why u notice that after claying ur surface is very smooth because the clay removes any above paint surface defects like road tar, dead bugs, etc.

Vagabond, as i've mentioned...if the wax is good it'll look good on any paint colour because ur actually waxing ur clear coat...not ur base coat. so don't be tricked by those marketting gimmicks saying it works best on a specific colour....unless....ur car paint does not have clear coat, which is usually the case for older cars, as they use hard enamel paint.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Xtorm sifu

which brands of clay bar u are using now? did u polish n wax nicely after that?

so far i have bought the following for my coming sunday morning exercise:

Perma Glass Clay Bar for dark color
Perma Glass Cloth for washing
Perma Glass Cloth for Polishing
Perma Glass Cloth for Waxing
Gold Class™ Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Deep Crystal® System Paint Cleaner
Deep Crystal® System Polish
Deep Crystal® System Carnauba Wax
Gold Class™ Liquid Wax
ScratchX®
Gold Class™ Bug & Tar Remover
NXT Generation® Speed Detailer™
Car Odor Eliminator

Last edited:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
If budget allow, go for MG professional series M21...u will love it i tell you...:nurse:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Xtorm sifu

which brands of clay bar u are using now? did u polish n wax nicely after that?

so far i have bought the following for my coming sunday morning exercise:

Perma Glass Clay Bar for dark color
Perma Glass Cloth for washing
Perma Glass Cloth for Polishing
Perma Glass Cloth for Waxing
Gold Class™ Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Deep Crystal® System Paint Cleaner
Deep Crystal® System Polish
Deep Crystal® System Carnauba Wax
Gold Class™ Liquid Wax
ScratchX®
Gold Class™ Bug & Tar Remover
NXT Generation® Speed Detailer™
Car Odor Eliminator
all MG stuff but kain why not use MG one ?? that's one of the important item man...:confused:

i did the claying too...duno y it bcomes rough...haih
rough ? after claying izzit? izzit after wax strip off ??

unconsistent_fast

Dec 7, 2003
I'm looking for a wax with the 3 criteria's below:

1) To be applied only once a month.... or longer.
2) Very shiny, compliments black cars.
3) Can withstand multiple washes without having to rewax.

Any suggestions?
Sealants is better than wax, I have tried both and found sealants can last me longer, n more shiny then wax. Products that I tried r Turtle Wax Platinium and PG Sealants.

Merce

Jul 26, 2007
teflon will not work unless u can manage to baked ya car up to 600 fahranheit for the teflon to bond to the paint.

Only if u want to make a frying pan out of you car :p

For auto paint, they use the polarized system. Its the alternatif way to coat teflon on painted surface.

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
detomaso,

where did u buy ur 3M car wash from?? i'm using it as well...and i love it. no suds....and doesnt strip the wax off ur paint.

my current favourite wax right now is the Meguiar's M20 polymer sealant follow by the Meguiar's NXT Tech wax. and i always layer 3M perfect-it carnauba wax on top of the synthetic wax for tat extra gloss.

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
that one i buy it from my taiwanese dealer. kinda expensive tho. but since my fren who own a paint shop recommended me to use 3m so i try la. but that one only for customer who can affort expensive polishing service. for budget user i just use taiwan brand. HELLO!! rm80 for polish 3layer is quite cheap ok!! hehe

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
my black metalic colour aledi down....i juz sprayed the black metalic 1.5 year oni....now the colour starting down~!!!
wat should i use?
can recommend me anywhere to buy?

or i should spent more to let ppl polish it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just one word.... WOW ! Is Mitsubishi back on track to make us an amazing sport car a bit like in the past with the Twin Turbo ? The Concept-RA certainly looks like an artist’s interpretation of a new Eclipse, although the front and rear fascias also share the new Lancer Evolution design language. But this is no Eclipse - in fact it’s anything but a front-drive petrol car with more show than go. This is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience