Pink Putra: A new lease of sight.......

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Today I am gonna show you what can be done with Off The Shelve (OTS) products for water mark.

Subject:
Rear windscreen of Putra. Anyone whom owns sedan cars will know that watermark tend to be very very prominent especially on the rear glass (but not limited to the rear lar, still got front and side)
As seen, morning dew/mist is best to show watermarks.

Look at the amount of dirt on the thing....berapa ribu tahun takde cuci.....

Actually only two days takde cuci.... industrial area.... memang teruk acid rain.

Now comes the OTS Hero called FORMALHERO..... the only thing that differs this from other watermark removal liquid is........ read the label and you will see AMMONIA FREE.

BUT, DO NOT USE THIS ON FRONT WINDSCREEN, unless you want wiper marks to appear

Treated half half. Left half is treated whereas right half is just left as it is.

After treatment, water just sticks to the windscreen like girls to diamonds. This is after i try to wipe it off with my barehands....

After treating the entire glass, comes.......what da heck is that white stuff?

Again another OTS product that interests me, "anti mist". Come on, be honest, we all hate morning mist on the windscreen in the morning.

After "Anti Mist" was buff off, u get.....

Squeaky clean, shiny shine glass

Spray water....

Water glides off

Spray more water

More water glide off.....

Spray front windscreen with water.... water still glide off.. (this is only cleaned and Opti-Sealed, no "watermark removal" done here for fear of wipermarks.)

For 9gag fans

Answer to him up there.....

Dun you just hate to drive after a rain when your side mirrors are like this....

Makes seeing cars a bit difficult.

Washed, Opti-Seal, buff

Spray water now....

Mother off...... it does not get wet....

Spray more water... same results

WARNING: Never ever ever use glass cleaner, RainX, or acid on your side mirrors, these are plastic, not glass. Based on experience, after using RainX or similar products, the reflection returns a hazy cloudy reflection which cannot be polished off, cleaned off. And I had to resort to change the mirror.

Rest of the car is just washed with OSREN Bubble & Wax

Time spend: 45 minutes (inclusive of washing the car)
Satisfaction level: Not bad for OTS products.
Products used today:

Your views and comments (bad or good) will be much appreciated.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You should also mention do not use on rear windscreen which has a wiper. It is not ammonia based but acid so use wisely and avoid glass areas with scratches.

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
my rear wind screen also like that wor.....got watermark.....and in the morning.....the front windscreen got mist and when i use to wipe it with the wiper...the thing make more worst..hardly see the road...hahha.....hiya...

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
wohoo thank you doc!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
You should also mention do not use on rear windscreen which has a wiper. It is not ammonia based but acid so use wisely and avoid glass areas with scratches.
Yeah, I should have mentioned not to use on any glass with wipers.... instead of just the front.

my rear wind screen also like that wor.....got watermark.....and in the morning.....the front windscreen got mist and when i use to wipe it with the wiper...the thing make more worst..hardly see the road...hahha.....hiya...
haha, i also experience that, what i do is turn my car heater up and blow to the front (my inspira), but for the putra and wira, i just pour warm water over it before driving off

wohoo thank you doc!
apa doc doc..... me noob... :cool:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
haha u use so much things for the windscreens leh.. pro edi

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice informative post bro... Can I ask, why will those product create wiper marks and how does wiper marks look like? I think it should be okay since it is just a cleaner and not something applied on... Haven't try though...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Veloc: The Anti-Mist thingy wun create wiper marks as its just a cleaner, However the watermark remover will. Tried and tested based on experience.

Wiper marks are marks along the wiper's path. It is normally fine scratches that is caused by usage of wiper when there is little water and lots of dirt on the glass. Erm...... i think u google wiper marks, u should be able to find plenty of examples.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Veloc: The Anti-Mist thingy wun create wiper marks as its just a cleaner, However the watermark remover will. Tried and tested based on experience.

Wiper marks are marks along the wiper's path. It is normally fine scratches that is caused by usage of wiper when there is little water and lots of dirt on the glass. Erm...... i think u google wiper marks, u should be able to find plenty of examples.
Watermark remover eh... I see... Thanks bro!

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Like the comparison but.... its pink leh... :-)

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Like the comparison but.... its pink leh... :-)
Haha, when i went to the shop to get the paint, it was dark purple. But when i sprayed it that time..... it became pink but heck, before this it was matte black which is gaya, now pink which is sissy, ok lor.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
so, to clean and clear all windows (except those with wipers), can use all 3?
and side mirror use only Opti-Seal?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
so, to clean and clear all windows (except those with wipers), can use all 3?
and side mirror use only Opti-Seal?
Yes, you are sorta correct.
To clean and clear all windows, you only need the watermark removal.
The PG Anti Mist glass cleaner was just testing the anti mist effect.
The Opti Seal is used to cause the water beading effect which minimized future water marks and its safer than RainX. You dun get wiper judder when u use Opti Seal. But RainX or equivalent, the wiper will judder.

One thing bout using the watermark removal liquid is do not let it dry on the glass, fast fast rinse with a lot lot lot of water.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Yes, you are sorta correct.
To clean and clear all windows, you only need the watermark removal.
The PG Anti Mist glass cleaner was just testing the anti mist effect.
The Opti Seal is used to cause the water beading effect which minimized future water marks and its safer than RainX. You dun get wiper judder when u use Opti Seal. But RainX or equivalent, the wiper will judder.

One thing bout using the watermark removal liquid is do not let it dry on the glass, fast fast rinse with a lot lot lot of water.
thanks bro.
good write up and explanation.

another Q, can we use th PG Anti Mist for headlamp?
coz sometimes in the morning, if my car is parked under the stars, there will be mist and fog in the headlamp..

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
thanks bro.
good write up and explanation.

another Q, can we use th PG Anti Mist for headlamp?
coz sometimes in the morning, if my car is parked under the stars, there will be mist and fog in the headlamp..
hmmm.... dun wanna take the risk. It does say glass cleaner and most modern headlamps are plastic. Unless your headlamps are glass, i would reckon not to take the risk.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Something bad happened just now on my way home, i have got no idea why out of sudden my gearbox got this squeeky sound and 'tak tak' sound while shifting gears. Does this mean that the gearbox is dead? I like this gearbox alot, still can save ar? If not ..

1. How much does 2nd hand 1.3 GLi gearbox cost? roughly?
2. Can I use 1.3 Carb gearbox?
3. Installation workmanship labour?
4. What should I do with the faulty gearbox, can I sell it away to some steel shop?

GT Auto later in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience