Photos Of My 93' Corolla

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Kiwi-Corolla,
Please excuse us for using ur thread to discuss this :biggrin:

Mr.Chaser,
Bigger cc doesn't mean bigger fuel consumption.. i think.. need to check with people who own these engine..

i think it's like that because new cars like Proton, Honda & Toyota always come out with 1.8L & 2.0L for their cars although they know about the fuel price..

:burnout:
Yeah agree with this... Got experience this before... Sometimes, bigger cc will even give better FC depending on road conditions. Whether it's a lot of start stop or highway.

No problem bro :biggrin:

My brother has a 3S-GTE in his 98' Caldina GT-T and it's very thirsty on gas. If you drive it respectfully it's not too bad, but still uses a lot more fuel than a 4A-GE Blacktop. It's a lot of fun to drive, but not so fun every week he has to go to the gas station and fill it up (he uses 98 octane so the fuel bit hits even harder). If you went with the 3S-GTE in a Corolla I reckon it would be very hard to get traction in 1st and 2nd gear, particularly in the wet. There was a guy on PakWheels who did a full 4WD conversion on his Corolla and put a 3S-GTE in. It would cost a lot of money to do that, but at least that way you're getting the full potential from the engine in every gear. Otherwise it would make more sense to go for a 7A-GTE or 4A-GZE.
But I agree with this too... Because 3S-GTE is not a minor increment in cc. It's a freaking huge leap. And being turbo charged, there is bound to be higher FC even due to more losses, and don't forget that the turbo occasionally sucking in more air-fuel even though you don't notice it. The best I've heard for this engine is RM10 for 40 km in malaysia. That is a mixture of town and highway drive in Sabah. I reckon that in KL with more highways, it could be better. But I never heard that this engine can be more frugal than a 4AGE.

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Yeah agree with this... Got experience this before... Sometimes, bigger cc will even give better FC depending on road conditions. Whether it's a lot of start stop or highway.
Very true. A good example is the 1300cc 4E-FE vs the 1600cc 4A-FE. Interestingly, the 1600cc 4A-FE is more fuel efficient than the 1300cc 4E-FE because the engine doesn't have to work as hard to move the vehicle.

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Decided to take my Corolla for a few photos at an underground parking lot today. Then when I got home I noticed that the tide was in across the road from my place, so zapped over there and took one more photo :)

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Your pictures never fail to impress me..Clean.. Just the way i like it... 2 thumbs up bro. Keep it up! :adore: Btw,not thinking of changing the rear lights? Some after market clear lamps? Or tinting the orange laps black? Might just make it look meaner..

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Your pictures never fail to impress me..Clean.. Just the way i like it... 2 thumbs up bro. Keep it up! :adore: Btw,not thinking of changing the rear lights? Some after market clear lamps? Or tinting the orange laps black? Might just make it look meaner..
Thanks buddy. I appreciate the kind words :biggrin:. Clear tail lights look quite 'ricey' in my opinion, and smoking the turn signals isn't really my style. I did try some JDM facelift tail lights a few weeks ago however. Here's a pic I took:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Hrmm,..i kinda prefer the JDM look though..hehehe..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thanks buddy. I appreciate the kind words :biggrin:. Clear tail lights look quite 'ricey' in my opinion, and smoking the turn signals isn't really my style. I did try some JDM facelift tail lights a few weeks ago however. Here's a pic I took:

You know what bro...

I always thought that your ride looks really cool and well groomed, but your tail lights needs to be JDM-ed. But I never told you that. Now, congrats!!! There's 50 more horses!

I never liked the orangy tailights as they look aged and seem to deteriorate much faster. The JDM ones looks timeless.. Here in Malaysia, they offered the orangy tail light for 93 models and after that, all come with the JDM tail lights... Congrats!

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
You know what bro...

I always thought that your ride looks really cool and well groomed, but your tail lights needs to be JDM-ed. But I never told you that. Now, congrats!!! There's 50 more horses!

I never liked the orangy tailights as they look aged and seem to deteriorate much faster. The JDM ones looks timeless.. Here in Malaysia, they offered the orangy tail light for 93 models and after that, all come with the JDM tail lights... Congrats!
Haha, thanks. I have removed the JDM facelift tail lights as of right now, but may put them back in. What I don't like about them is that they only have one bulb per housing for the brake light, whereas my current tail lights have two bulbs per housing for the brake light. The darkness of the garnish also bugs me a little as it's harder to read the 'Corolla' lettering.

My current orange/red tail lights are infact JDM, just that they're the pre-facelift version. The pre-facelift JDM tail lights look the same as the US models and base models in other countries, but the red section is darker, which is unique to the Japanese market ;)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Haha, thanks. I have removed the JDM facelift tail lights as of right now, but may put them back in. What I don't like about them is that they only have one bulb per housing for the brake light, whereas my current tail lights have two bulbs per housing for the brake light. The darkness of the garnish also bugs me a little as it's harder to read the 'Corolla' lettering.

My current orange/red tail lights are infact JDM, just that they're the pre-facelift version. The pre-facelift JDM tail lights look the same as the US models and base models in other countries, but the red section is darker, which is unique to the Japanese market ;)
Wow.. Thanks for the knowledge... I didn't know JDM models have sued the orangy tail lights. I thought they used the clear ones all the way.

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Wow.. Thanks for the knowledge... I didn't know JDM models have sued the orangy tail lights. I thought they used the clear ones all the way.
No problem bro :). The pre-facelift JDM model (91 to late 95) had the orange/red tail lights, and the facelift JDM model (late 95 to 97) had the red/clear tail lights. The facelift ones are quite hard to find as there weren't as many produced. The next shape Corolla (AE110) came out in late 1995 and became Toyotas main focus, starting with models such as the SE Saloon, and moving onto models such as the SE Vintage in 1997.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
No problem bro :). The pre-facelift JDM model (91 to late 95) had the orange/red tail lights, and the facelift JDM model (late 95 to 97) had the red/clear tail lights. The facelift ones are quite hard to find as there weren't as many produced. The next shape Corolla (AE110) came out in late 1995 and became Toyotas main focus, starting with models such as the SE Saloon, and moving onto models such as the SE Vintage in 1997.
u seriously know ur car model history

:biggrin::congrats:

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
I like the white/clear JDM. How about EUR SPEC tail lights? Consider it too as they looks great too.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Actually US spec tail lamp very nice & rare indeed too:)

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Sharing:driver:

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am looking for wira 1.3 gear box...
please contact me if got any...

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience