Perdana V6 Community Forum *

Initially I thought it was due to tyre problem because it was on e-brake gew weeks ago my car pull around 6 cars distance resulted 4 tyre damage. Luckily never hit that Viva back side on fast lane I was running on 180km/h he suddenly come out from 2nd lane around 80km/h speed. I estimate my bumper and his backside only left few inch gap to kiss him.

My car already done balancing and alignment but still cannot resolve the problem I think it might due to drive shaft or lower arm.
Bro that time your abs working or not working? I thought perdana have abs to prevent the tyre to lock and drag so far? What brakes you are using btw? Can share bit?

real men dont use ABS bro hehe...

Wah.. you guy's balls are made of steel dun you... :rofl: but ABS really comes in handy sometimes.. because for me auto car.. when take some corners, a bit dangerous i think..come to think of that day, if my car dun have ABS, i think i'll be ended up in the forest for taking that hairpin turn at the small road from pontian back to jb.. raining somemore..haha..

My abs already no longer with the engine because it was occupy space only. Ha ha...I think if the abs still there I already wack that viva backside lol....

I using stock eterna brake with endless pad rotor slightly bigger than Perdana. Beside that also using braised brake hose. I think the most important is the semi slick tyre Bridgestone RE01 that allow me to grip and stop.

I using stock eterna brake with endless pad rotor slightly bigger than Perdana. Beside that also using braised brake hose. I think the most important is the semi slick tyre Bridgestone RE01 that allow me to grip and stop.
Hmm.. but sometimes semi slick can be dangerous during rainy time right? But for my setup so far ok because i still retain the ABS, but as for the caliper and disc I'm using GTO 4 pot with slotted disc.. anyway it's a close shave for you i guess.. drive safely man.. :listen:

Ya semi slick only work on dry road normally I don't speed during raining day. Infact if can I don't even drive when raining.

Ya thats true.. last time when my tyre worn out, i was also thinking of tyres like AD07.. but after thinking twice, better dun.. because i did try before using it in my kancil those day when rainy days.. the car will tends to go together where the water pool on the road.. so dangerous.. :driver:

So far I think Michelin PS is the best all rounded tyre I ever use. In term of dry wet grip noise and treadwear are good for me.

Danz : my Foreman tell me recon the drive shaft needs 1 WHOLE WEEK.... mine is a working car la no car 1 week headache. Does it really take that long ah ?

Spare parts shop here says they only keep PerdanaV6 ones... and those are for Auto Gbox. Can i use Perdana V6 auto gbox drive shafts for my eterna ? if i could it would be great !

Oh nvm. i searched back the old posts, eterna and Pv6 not same... eterna are 2 short ones. Sigh :)

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Yo Bro danz, Mind sharing with me where you got your drive shaft re-done and how much did it cost ? thanks.. worst comes to worst i'll just send mine in lah.

PS3 size 215/45R17.
This is not the first time I used PS3. I am using it on my Iswara for a year too. This is the second set for my another ride.

From personal experience, it is the best all weather tyres in the market now. Needless to say about its dry grip which is excellent, I have driven from JB to KL when it rained cat and dog all the way, from crazy stormy rain to damn road surface, it was fantastic I said because I have never experienced such good traction in wet surface in my life for performance tyre. At 140km/h in rain showed no loss of grip, it gave you such confidence to make you want to push it to its limit, which I didn't dare.

Noise level is minimal, which I like. Eagle F1 doesn't measure up in this respect which is horrible.

I feel PS3 handling characteristic is different from other asymmetrical tyres like Prada Spec2, not that it is inferior. I like the handling feel of Prada more minus the noise and poor wet traction. How to explain that? I guess someone who has the experience and expressive can explain better.

I may go for a third set. :driver:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom