Paint feels rough, but looks fine

devxtreme

From Facebook
Mar 26, 2010
Hi guys,
My car paintwork looks fine, but when i touch it, it feels a bit rough. I am probably being a bit anal, but is there some way to remove the roughness?? I think its caused by the fact that I park in under the hot sun for long periods (especially during work, company doesn't provide covered car park, plan to picket soon :p). I tried polishing it, but it doesn't really help. I was thinking of claying it and also getting a better car wash, the one i am using is the el-cheapo type. Will it make a difference? Thanks in advance :adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

leslie_36

Nov 18, 2006
From your descriptions it is due to the environment contaminants that bonded on the surface of your car's clear coat. You can use a detailing clay. Scrub thoroughly the area that you think is very rough. Apply mild pressure onto the clay. Knead the clay to a new contact area if the earlier contact surface on the clay becomes dirty or brownish. You can apply some clean water or mist and spray serve as a lubricator. To achieve a best clean surface your motion shall be cross(forward/backward & left/right). When the surface return to its smoothness apply the surface with wax or sealant to protect the clear coat and give you a shiny look. Hope my tips will be helpful to you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All over the world, the Nissan Skyline evokes passion from automotive enthusiasts. Similarly in Malaysia, Skyline ownership is a dream of many.. and some are lucky enough to live the dream. Last year, the Malaysian Skyline Club (MSC) had a big turnout at the Mega Gathering 2010 held at Putra Heights. This year the club with co-organisers a local...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience