OK, Found a Way to Keep Things "STOCK LOOKING"

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
I just discovered that the works engineering extractor and mid pipe can be used directly with the stock muffler. So, I just change the extractor and mid-pipe but keep the stock muffler. This way its not loud and I still get power increased. Apparently, the stock muffler for the Satria Neo is not really restrictive. ITs also using 2" pipeand lighter than the works one.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
should go for straight pipe with aftermarket muffler with silencer since u dont like
the loud sound.
No it has to look stock or else I might get stop by LTA again. I already have my works exhaust so it would be a waste not to try to reuse it.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
I think the Works's exhaust set looks very similar to stock, just polished finishing. and i dont think it is noisy or loud at all..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
since ur from singapore... pop over to JB and look for XH Motorsports.. and ask them about their "custom sideplant exhaust"

or... u can just google for "exhaust cutout" to get an idea of wat it is heh heh heh

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Side plant is also illegal in SG when LTA inspection.... normally they just operate the stock muffler...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
side plant is also illegal here la dood :P

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
I think the Works's exhaust set looks very similar to stock, just polished finishing. and i dont think it is noisy or loud at all..
I was caught by LTA with the works exhaust...... hence now using backing extractor and midpipe only. Keeping the stock muffler......I don't know how they have some eagle eyes and bat ears or what can see.

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
I was caught by LTA with the works exhaust...... hence now using backing extractor and midpipe only. Keeping the stock muffler......I don't know how they have some eagle eyes and bat ears or what can see.
They nowadays study more info about car modification,even their staff also involve in car modification..so hard to cheat them..huhu...stock looking maybe can help u..

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
side plant is also illegal here la dood :P
Under the Road Transport Act 1987, there is nothing about exhaust mod(if i read it correctly) only on Environmental Law, any sound emitted either by a factory or a motorized vehicle that exceeds 85 decibels is deemed to be said “contributing” to sound pollution. You could via circular K 103 (c/u) be handed a summon any time by the police or J.P.J. for such an offense. If you are unlucky to be hauled to court, the judge will hand you a RM150 penalty.

So... technically if your side plan did not exceed 85db n not sticking out of the car then u r pass, but even some stock car exceed 85db, so side plan definitely be exceeding 85db for sure. Just do a twin exhaust lo for best result.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

They nowadays study more info about car modification,even their staff also involve in car modification..so hard to cheat them..huhu...stock looking maybe can help u..
U have to know about car to be a LTA officer, they also r car enthusiast.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Under the Road Transport Act 1987, there is nothing about exhaust mod(if i read it correctly) only on Environmental Law, any sound emitted either by a factory or a motorized vehicle that exceeds 85 decibels is deemed to be said “contributing” to sound pollution. You could via circular K 103 (c/u) be handed a summon any time by the police or J.P.J. for such an offense. If you are unlucky to be hauled to court, the judge will hand you a RM150 penalty.

So... technically if your side plan did not exceed 85db n not sticking out of the car then u r pass, but even some stock car exceed 85db, so side plan definitely be exceeding 85db for sure. Just do a twin exhaust lo for best result.
yeah i know about the decibel thingy...but this being malaysia....it only applies to JPJ Officers...with the police, as long as u change exhaust... saman.. happened to my friend before and i was there with him... he even had a letter from JPJ/Puspakom stating that the exhaust is within limits and is legal... n still kena

n with the sideplant... high chances the sound will be over 85db hahahahaha

but one thing has confused me... they never state which condition for it to exceed 85db... example if idle is below 85db... and only at 4k or 6k or 7k RPM it goes above 85db... how?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
yeah i know about the decibel thingy...but this being malaysia....it only applies to JPJ Officers...with the police, as long as u change exhaust... saman.. happened to my friend before and i was there with him... he even had a letter from JPJ/Puspakom stating that the exhaust is within limits and is legal... n still kena

n with the sideplant... high chances the sound will be over 85db hahahahaha

but one thing has confused me... they never state which condition for it to exceed 85db... example if idle is below 85db... and only at 4k or 6k or 7k RPM it goes above 85db... how?
If u confident in your jpj letter then sue the police la... ask them which part ur friend car is wrong n receive the saman, which law hav ur friend broken..? they dare u will not do anything ma... or ur friend lanci with him so he saman anyway...?(most ppl will pay the saman n will not make a fuss about it other then those very rich ppl like a friend of mine that only answer the police dunno n koyak the saman infront of the police:stupid:) will police saman a ferrari with a akrapovic exhaust..? i dun think so...:listen:

If not mistaken not exceed 85db max decibel produced, which is at red line im afraid:banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
perhaps under-fuel-tank piping kottttt....

:burnout:

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
bro, no use one.. it is still damn loud on the move. It sounds like any cars on the road that is decatted.

if you free, ask someone to drive your car and u stand outside.. the exhaust sounds like a 2b motorbike..

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
bro, no use one.. it is still damn loud on the move. It sounds like any cars on the road that is decatted.

if you free, ask someone to drive your car and u stand outside.. the exhaust sounds like a 2b motorbike..
Not really though. I tried it already. Very good. The person rev the engine hard. Very quiet now.

But my main thing is to look stock rather than sound stock. Its harder for LTA to pick up the sound due to road noise and helmet but easy for them to spot a non stock muffler.

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
Not really though. I tried it already. Very good. The person rev the engine hard. Very quiet now.

But my main thing is to look stock rather than sound stock. Its harder for LTA to pick up the sound due to road noise and helmet but easy for them to spot a non stock muffler.
haha... now i am on stock muffler but with twintip.. don't know they will catch ornot..

anyway are you on facebook neo club singapore? got meetup.

SAPPH

May 18, 2012
Johor Bahru

Well, i'm using neo cps, decatted mine months ago. Worth it. Even the sound is not noticeable at idle or light rev. But 5k and above, the rumbling is quite deep but pitchie.. Stock piping and stock exhaust.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just when you think there’s nothing more to see or read about Nissan’s GT-R super-coupe, images of a mysterious prototype start to crop up on the internet. These latest shots depict car with several features you won’t find on the standard model, leading us to believe this is either a new Group N version of the latest model or possibly the upcoming V-Spec model due to hit the streets in 2009...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience