Offset issue...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i'm not sifu... u la sifu...:adore::adore::adore:

not recommended to flatten the inner parts of ur front fender or the rear wheel arch...
Y? anything might happen like rust? or out of shape? cos i did mine for a year and so far ok... if i know what might happen then i will try to prevent it...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Y? anything might happen like rust? or out of shape? cos i did mine for a year and so far ok... if i know what might happen then i will try to prevent it...
after u flatten the arch, will become weak... even some1 just lay on it, will easily dented ur arch there... bout rust onot, thats not really sure...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
ic... thanks for the tip, i will be extra careful to find a parking lot next time...

pinecitygarage

Known Member
Aug 22, 2009
SoCal & Baguio
baguioautoforums.com
if you have a Honda and you are using 15 x 6.5 wide rims, i suggest looking for an Offset rim in the range of +40 to +45

The higher the offset the more the rims go inward towards the wheelwell

honda's rims typically have a high offset +40 to +45
Nissan & Toyota rims typically are anywhere from +38 to as low as +32 on the Sentra's.

The lower offset rims will go outward towards the fender

this diagram and info are from Baguio Auto Forums - i'm an Admin at this site
Offset:

The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel. The offset can be one of three types (measured in millimeters).*

Zero Offset
The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive
The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative
The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. When the width of the wheel changes, the offset also changes numerically. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this won't work correctly. We have test fitted thousands of different vehicles for proper fitment. Our extensive database allows our sales staff to offer you the perfect fit for your vehicle.

*Backspacing, similar to offset, is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel (measured in inches).

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
if you have a Honda and you are using 15 x 6.5 wide rims, i suggest looking for an Offset rim in the range of +40 to +45

The higher the offset the more the rims go inward towards the wheelwell

honda's rims typically have a high offset +40 to +45
Nissan & Toyota rims typically are anywhere from +38 to as low as +32 on the Sentra's.

Agree wif dat...

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
offset +45 will rub on the caliper if using SW388 or EvoReg.... Offset +40 is nicely in but lose the cornering to the others...
Summore if use big caliper oso will graze each other...

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
er.. i believe those tyre shop have sell those "chamber screws" for less then 50 bucks..
go ask them..
they always try to con me when i bring my mom saga to service..

" boss.. you front tyre ar.. camber lari abit di.. its + 1. 2. later ar you drive long long di ar.. no good .. you tyre will wear out 1 side more then the other side.. and you drive high way that time will effect you little one.. " " so wan do or not? we have this screw from taiwan one.. very special one.. can adjust your camber.. only 25 for 1 aside.. ok ah? i install ar! "

haahaha .. the funny part is that.. every few months i go service.. they will tell my that my camber screw rosak and change them for me.. -_- while they say if no change new one cannot tune.. lol

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
for honda its different. we cant adjust our cambers at all. the scenario u mentioned applies to my satria last time.. but for honda, its either u get adjustable camber kits (which cost a freaking fortune) or u just let it be...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
for honda its different. we cant adjust our cambers at all. the scenario u mentioned applies to my satria last time.. but for honda, its either u get adjustable camber kits (which cost a freaking fortune) or u just let it be...
u still can ask the shop to "PUMP" ur knuckle wat....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
Adjusting chamber/installing chamber kits and making the wheels with a negative chamber can help.. but u'll wear ur inner tyres faster.. n every 6 months u'll hv to rotate the tyres.. meaning removing the tyres from the Rim and puttung it on the other rim.. not just simply taking out n put at the rear wheels n vice versa..

even if u reduce the tyre size.. the same problem will occur on hard cornering..

the best solution is to fit in wheels with appropriate offset.. other than that dending the fenders and installing Adjustable Shocks.. which is quite expensive.. n there goes the comfort..

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
u still can ask the shop to "PUMP" ur knuckle wat....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
kena before. didnt know it that time, and i will never do it again... LOLOL :banghead:
they used the word "pump" like as though its something so gentle and soft, but when i saw them do it.. i was like.. THIS IS PUMP? its more like force bending the arm! OMG. so my 1 side got "pumped" while the other didnt. i think my camber 1 -ve 1 +ve... hahahaha leaning tower of pisa man.

LuKa: yeah i guess so. i think my final solutions are to get harder springs for my coilovers. i dont mind sacrificing the comfort, as its not my priority. =)

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
kena before. didnt know it that time, and i will never do it again... LOLOL :banghead:
they used the word "pump" like as though its something so gentle and soft, but when i saw them do it.. i was like.. THIS IS PUMP? its more like force bending the arm! OMG. so my 1 side got "pumped" while the other didnt. i think my camber 1 -ve 1 +ve... hahahaha leaning tower of pisa man.

LuKa: yeah i guess so. i think my final solutions are to get harder springs for my coilovers. i dont mind sacrificing the comfort, as its not my priority. =)
hahahaha... i almost kena too... but b4 they pump my knuckle, i oredi 'pump' on 1 of the worker's face... ahhahahaa:rofl:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
haha what to do, u experienced ma... i just new honda user.. didnt know what PUMP is.. hahaha now i know lor... so wont do adi... hahaha

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
haha what to do, u experienced ma... i just new honda user.. didnt know what PUMP is.. hahaha now i know lor... so wont do adi... hahaha
at that time, i'm oso new wat... now oso very new, need to learn from u & other sifu here...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
WHAT? learn from me? hahahahaha :confused::confused::banghead:

pls dun be so humble sifu :adore:
we'r in the same forum ma... so, i learn from u & u learn from the others... thats grow the scene ma..:proud: