OEM Refit Fuel Pressure Regulator DIY

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
Pic 1 - Remove the original regulator with 2 screws, first remove the two hose that is connected to the regulator one with the clip and the other one is the vacuum hose.

Pic 2 - This is how it looks when taken out if afraid keep the O ring in a safe place.

Pic 3 - U will need to grind off the section where my thumb and pointer is holding with a grinder.

Pic 4 & 5 - Notice that part with scar, just grind a little by little until u see the inner core.

Pic 6 & 7 & 8 - Sorry quite blurr, playing safe by using screwdriver to remove the core. Do it slowly. Remember there is a spring inside u will need it back.

Pic 9 - The part need to be removed.

Pic 10 - Without the top part.

Pic 11 - This spring is important don't loose it.

Pic 12 - Install the after market regulator tightly. Confirm the position first before installing the regulator.

Pic 13 & 14 - This is the position of the regulator. See properly. Re-fit back the return fuel hose and vacuum hose.

Pic 15 - This part no need to do if u got the meter with u if no then remove the other side of the fuel rail and attach to a fuel pressure meter to set the fuel pressure. This part quite complicated if u don't have a fuel pressure meter.

* I can help if u wan hahaha done .... after installing car no improvement only the ride smoother in gear change and can feel the car holding its power already .... worth changing ....

Attachments

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
any idea u guys know how to get this fit in??... AZ racing said its correct adaptor but wtf... this is called correct??... its not off by 1 or 2mm... this way outside the parameter...

kimsiow79

Jun 27, 2009
Bro, any big bro help me fix FPR to my Waja Auto???? pls..............:adore::adore:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
aiyoooo ...

you will need to modify abit la ...
drill new hole then put a washer (big & thick) to make it more strong holding that thing ...
otherwise just find a new one la ...
confirmed with my mechanic dat adaptor is for toyota... gonna go screw mark for giving me so-called mitsubishi adaptor... damn him...

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
u mean put cap ayam fuel regulator izzit??

i tot refit FPR to another side of da fuel rail :hmmmm:

kimsiow79

Jun 27, 2009
Actually which side of the fuel rail can fit the FPR for the Waja? driver side or passenger side?:confused:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
unker, u mean the adaptor is for another side of the fuel rail??... not same one meh left n right??... can fit on the other side of fuel rail meh??...
da adaptor (if u stand in front of the engine) is on ur right, u kenot terbalik it maa...unless ur one is those terbalik engines laa :rofl:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
adaptor muz install at the end , back flow to tank tat side lah. coz fuel regulator is limit the fuel flow back to tank. tat y rise the pressure at fuel rail.

exp;
from fuel pump===>to fuel rail===>Fuel regulator===>tank.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Please keep a lookout for a gold/champagne colour Toyota Vios 1.5G which was stolen from a home in Happy Garden, Old Klang Road early this morning (6-Apr-09). The car is about a year old (dugong model). Number plate is WQW 7750. If anyone has even the slightest possibility of seeing this car on the road please call 012-328 7478 and inform of whereabouts and location.

Likelihood that the car has changed number plates and is probably already stripped bare. But still hoping for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience