I'd just like to notify you all about my notebook
stolen from my car at the parking lot of my college,
right under the nose of the security guards on
Monday (21st Nov. 2005). My rear bootlock was
forced open, damaging the lock and also running
off with my notebook. A police report has been
lodged regarding this matter, but I hope that if you
happen to come across such a sale to contact me
immediately so the culprit could be nabbed.

Details:

Fujitsu Lifebook C2220 (Bought 2 years back)
P4-M 2.2GHz
14.4" screen
512MB RAM
30GB HDD
DLINK WIFI Card (external)
X-Micro Bluetooth Dongle 100m (external)
Notebook Charger.

The notebook has some obvious scratches on the
casing (back of the TFT) and a rather annoying
whirring sound when the cooling fan kicks in.

Please notify me ASAP if someone attempts to
sell this notebook with the above mentioned
condition. I appreciate your help.

Cheers.
Jackie Leong

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Jackie,
Pics of the obvious scratches and SERIAL NO will definately help. I know a few ZTH in Imbi and LowYat also (most likely thieve will dispose to shop for refurbished).

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
sakuraguy,
thanks for the help ;)

B18C-R,
I don't have pictures of the obvious scratches but it's quite bad ones on the casing. There are multiples of them towards the end of the TFT screen (near the hinges). I don't mean the TFT screen having scratches, but the casing covering the TFT screen's back where the Fujitsu logo resides. Cheers.

Not sure if this is possible but the notebook is placed inside a fujitsu carrying case with torn traces near the ears of the case (from the excessive weight of the notebook at 3.7kg)

S/N: A030603009

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I'll msg ard those I know selling laptops on the S/N. I don't think the carrying case will go with it though. No value.

Don't mean to spoil your already spoilt day but frankly speaking, chances of recovering it is really really slim.

Good Luck.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Before u blame on the scumbags... perhaps u should understand that it is NOT wise to keep a laptop in the car... even for 5 minutes.

I do carry a heavy 3.5kg laptop to work everyday n never once left it alone in the car... even when stopping to answer nature's call. No matter how inconvenient, I still lug it around.

Just my 2 cents.

Tazz

Known Member
Apr 24, 2005
KL
hey , have u report to fujitsu service centre and ask them to take extra care when customer send to service?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Tazz said:
hey , have u report to fujitsu service centre and ask them to take extra care when customer send to service?
Reporting to the service centre also no use... there are many ppl who can service Fujitsu laptops plus it is relatively easy to obtain the parts yourself.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
B18C-R,
yeap, i know it's partly my fault but it's not completely my fault as well. If it ain't because of these scumbags, I doubt we'll have to be worried about leaving our valuables around, what more being sceptical of having electronics/gauges in our car itself. I used to do what u do, lugging the notebook around but I left my notebook in my trunk was because there was a security guard there just to keep an eye on the 20 +/- cars parked in front of the college and the college's area (which is pretty small, and he was around most of the time as well).

But then, I think he'll be a tad disappointed with my notebook anyway for having some problems lying around it and the scratches. :lol:

Tazz,
i've emailed Fujitsu HQ Malaysia about it.

acbc,
It doesn't hurt to report it to the service centre anyway.

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
u from APiiT ?

if u r ...then i know which is u already
cos i park my car beside u on that particular day

anyway..will pass the msg to my fren who is working in comp shop

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
hi s15,

yeap, i'm from apiit..
i think i know who're you already as well.. parked just next to me..
hehe.. unlucky to be targetted, but what is gone is gone.. just doing what i should do now, and move on ;)

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
yesterday at low yat got saw some policemen catch a shop owner for purchasing stolen notebook from those scumbag... i think the police got the scumbag and beat the crap out of him and force him to show who he sold the notebook to.... where there is buyer, that make them steal more... pity those who are involved. handcuffed in public...

greenjacket

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
actually, trace back yor own lap top, chances is pretty slim, but still there's hope, i still remember last year my office (1 of the well known college in KL), 1 of the staff's lap top got stolen, it was a rather expensive lap top.

that time no CCTV or any security gadget install around the campus, they all know who did it, but sadly said they dont have any proof.

awhile ago, when the owner of the laptop walk around in 1 of the pasar malam in KL/PJ, he saw a lap top which look almost 99% the same as the 1 that got stolen not long ago, the lap top now "belong" to a guy who selling ring tone/wallpaper for handphone in pasar malam. so what the geniune owner did was, he quickly report what he saw to the nearest police station. and the police come and detaine the fellar. after a few interrogation and serial number check up, its now proof that the laptop is a stolen item.

after that, they found out that is 1 of the contract worker who stole the laptop inside the office, when there's no 1 around inside the office. he then take this laptop n sell it to a shop in lowyat computer center. and eventually bought by someone who work as ringtone seller.

so coincident.....unbelieable?? believe it

true story

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
Jackie Leong said:
hi s15,

yeap, i'm from apiit..
i think i know who're you already as well.. parked just next to me..
hehe.. unlucky to be targetted, but what is gone is gone.. just doing what i should do now, and move on ;)
yea yea
cos i saw u coming outta ur car when i was parking my car
now u everyday also park in front of the lazy security guard huh?

anyway..u car is freaking coool ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wan to change my gbox from 4g15 m tu 4g91 a. do i need to put ecu and wayering semula? recently, i went to kedai potong at bentong, and they said, i have to put the ecu and rewayering also, but some of them said no need to do that. mana satu betul ni???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience