Nothern Accord

hi guys..

my name is yusri and will take 2nd hand delivery of honda accord sm4 tomorrow evening..during car testing i noticed my speed meter isn't functioning..can it be rectify or shall i replace with used sm4 meter cluster ?

i am looking to install rear disc brake and replace the car aging carpet and fittings..is there anywhere near perlis or alor star that i can scout around for the parts ? can sv4 part be install in sm4 and if do,what parts can be fitted ?

currently i am working in arau..

i am new on honda cars and thus i need fellow threads member advices..

please help me...

hi guys..

my name is yusri and will take 2nd hand delivery of honda accord sm4 tomorrow evening..during car testing i noticed my speed meter isn't functioning..can it be rectify or shall i replace with used sm4 meter cluster ?

i am looking to install rear disc brake and replace the car aging carpet and fittings..is there anywhere near perlis or alor star that i can scout around for the parts ? can sv4 part be install in sm4 and if do,what parts can be fitted ?

currently i am working in arau..

i am new on honda cars and thus i need fellow threads member advices..

please help me...

no problem bro yusri,... lotsa help available from fellow sm4ians,...
speed meter not functioning will lead to many problem bro,... u hv to get that checked,...

mzsu is from kangar,... btw i dunno where arau is?
u can drop by forum.myhavoc.net where all the accordians gather
the sm4 mmbers can also help u.

aiyoh..dunno where arau meh ? small ciput town nearby border...30 minutes plus plus drive to padang besar..

meter not functioning will lead to many problems ? now i am worried...i thought i can just replace the cable or meter cluster straight away..btw how much will it sucks money ar ? currently my soon-to-be (about 16 hours plus) car is :

a. engine ok..haven't test full power yet..
b. gear change smooth - sudder happen coz i haven't drive a car for a while - no money to buy car..in fact this sm4 is my first car bought with hard earn money
c. floor carpet aged and guess want to replace it with coushion upholstery too
d. looking for rear disc brake - can i tapau sv4 rear brake from chop shop and fit it in ?
e. saw advert in hypertune abt sm4 front headlight - projector but dunno how much it will caost
f. no audio inside (sob..sob..sob) but want to fit kenwood head unit with cap ayam amp and speaker with 10' or 12' woofer (so i can bang myself silly while driving)
g. tyres - gt radial all 4 shoes.. 205/16/50 with cap ayam rims too..stering feel too light for my liking but guess i could live with it..

oh yea..my engine as per car registration is f20a with fuel injection..ori engine is f20a3..is f20a is doch version or soch version ? i read in thread abt engine want to die when push the pedal to the floor..during my test drive engine is hesitate in building up the rev and rpm in idle is around 500 to 700 rpm..is that normal or i shall sent it for internal cheacking or just simply overhaul everything else ? i want to drive the car to negeri sembilan for hari raya...

i got rm3k to do either engine overhaul or body overhaul..

anyway..sm4 is nice..my friends say it is old car for old guy..i beg to differ...i sued to drive 1971 datsun triple S with twin SU carb..still can tapau wira 1.6 at traffic light race..hehehehe...

please give me ur thought..i am appreciate it so much..

If engine koyak...better change to H22a...at changloon got one guy used sm4 with H22a. Better come to Board Message

there got a lot of accordians and see you there...

Nice to see you anyway....
My number is 0194545254 and I,ll be in Perrghlih only during weekend...maybe can TT someday...

Last edited:
hello bro yusri...
glad to hear u driving sm4..
question abt that meter...my advise...just change that meter...i changed many time coz lot things to do with that meter (put vtec lite etc..)..the cost almost rm200 (depends on HC)
about headlite..i think no need to buy the new one..last time asked 1 shop..charged me around rm700pc..just go to HC and buy the new one..almost rm300 a pair (headlite with chrome)
about rear disc..I think can if you want to slot in the sv4 rear disc..try n error..
rim??mine also cap ayam...no money to buy like aki's rim heheheh..

anyway...if you jalan2 to changlun...just let me know..

Haaa..the man talked oredi....
Mus, my rims nothing la compared to Mugen Rim....hehehhehe

Haaa..the man talked oredi....
Mus, my rims nothing la compared to Mugen Rim....hehehhehe

eh,... i tak mau tukar,... i like my advan TC,...

huhuhuhuu! new sm4ian,... dun racun him so fast lah,... h22a pulak,... he says he got budget 3k,... 3k cant get bb prelude hafkat yet,...

bro yusri,... how much did u buy the car for? what year make?
show us some pics,...

aiyoh..dunno where arau meh ? small ciput town nearby border...30 minutes plus plus drive to padang besar..

meter not functioning will lead to many problems ? now i am worried...i thought i can just replace the cable or meter cluster straight away..btw how much will it sucks money ar ? currently my soon-to-be (about 16 hours plus) car is :

a. engine ok..haven't test full power yet..
b. gear change smooth - sudder happen coz i haven't drive a car for a while - no money to buy car..in fact this sm4 is my first car bought with hard earn money
c. floor carpet aged and guess want to replace it with coushion upholstery too
d. looking for rear disc brake - can i tapau sv4 rear brake from chop shop and fit it in ?
e. saw advert in hypertune abt sm4 front headlight - projector but dunno how much it will caost
f. no audio inside (sob..sob..sob) but want to fit kenwood head unit with cap ayam amp and speaker with 10' or 12' woofer (so i can bang myself silly while driving)
g. tyres - gt radial all 4 shoes.. 205/16/50 with cap ayam rims too..stering feel too light for my liking but guess i could live with it..

oh yea..my engine as per car registration is f20a with fuel injection..ori engine is f20a3..is f20a is doch version or soch version ? i read in thread abt engine want to die when push the pedal to the floor..during my test drive engine is hesitate in building up the rev and rpm in idle is around 500 to 700 rpm..is that normal or i shall sent it for internal cheacking or just simply overhaul everything else ? i want to drive the car to negeri sembilan for hari raya...

i got rm3k to do either engine overhaul or body overhaul..

anyway..sm4 is nice..my friends say it is old car for old guy..i beg to differ...i sued to drive 1971 datsun triple S with twin SU carb..still can tapau wira 1.6 at traffic light race..hehehehe...

please give me ur thought..i am appreciate it so much..

f20a got dohc and sohc,... but i think if urs is local, then surely sohc,... u can teh tarik session with mzsu on wkends in perlis,... or if wkday,... u can come here butterworth, buka puasa and blanja me ikan bakak! mzsu driving sv4 and estima, so he not so clever abt sm4,... u buy him teh tarik can liao,... more sm4 knowledge must blanja ikan bakak,... hehehehehe!

if blanja the two other sifus in johor,... lagi mahal!

Yusri, no need to buy us makan laa...just come here and we belanja you....hehehehe..kan fob kan....
Post more detail of your car like Fob asking you....

hi guys...

today i am lucky guy..just picked up my first brand "used" car honda accord sm4 year 1992..but i can't upload the pic coz said exceed limit..

by the way this is what on my car..

engine : f20a ( as per car grant )
rim & tyre : JRD dynamic / GT radial champro 205/50/r16
interior : standard with some ageing sign on dashboard,steering wheel,floor carpet
my speed meter isn't working (mostly dead but sometimes flicker for few second )
exterior : left signal is transparent type but right signal is yellowish (i think it is original stuff)
headlamps : still original stuff with ori bulb too ( i want to change to projector type..i scout at kl during my hari raya holiday)
audio : kenwood head unit (old type one but with cd player) and so-so speaker..
paint : grey metalic paint with some sign of ageing too..
back muffler (changed by previous owner) but i want to make it full system 2 inch from front to back

drive experience : so far i tested it,it is ok except its mildly steer the left but not too obvious..

it guys are on TT,perhaps i can join u and u guys can try the car and give ur thought...

aha..like bien said...just make it through photo hosting...
after show ur photo..everybody here can give some advise..

ok..

i just serviced my sm4..change oil,spark plug and cable plug too..cost me rm247...during the process i noticed the car suspension bushing front and rear 80% worn out..mechanic told me it will take 2 days to change all the suspension and estimate cost will be rm1700 inclusive labour..

below is the link to the pics:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2419/image021ls5.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: image021ls5.jpg

1.7k? aiyoooooo!
change bushes only bro,... no need to change the whole suspension.
some items u need new ones like the tie rods

it not all the suspension lor fob..the cost rm1.7k is for the full set suspension bushing front and rear including upper arm bush,lower arm bush tie rod,anti roll bar bush and all the relatives of bushing..that is estimate quote..and it will take 2 days to change all of it..i asked abt timing belt change too..bushing and timing belt will make my wallet around rm2k lighter.. :-(

and the exhaust system too need to be replace coz rusted from from to back except for back muffler...

i think before this end of the month i will depart with rm3k coz i just picked up momo 4 spoke steering wheel from my friend abt rm300 (haven't fitted it yet) and want to fit a set of rear disc brake too...

if i am lucky to find one lor...

i want to ask u guys..doesn't worth to fit an aluminium spare radiator water tank ? i saw in a magazine cost abt rm1xx...

now i am broke... :-)

it not all the suspension lor fob..the cost rm1.7k is for the full set suspension bushing front and rear including upper arm bush,lower arm bush tie rod,anti roll bar bush and all the relatives of bushing..that is estimate quote..and it will take 2 days to change all of it..i asked abt timing belt change too..bushing and timing belt will make my wallet around rm2k lighter.. :-(

and the exhaust system too need to be replace coz rusted from from to back except for back muffler...

i think before this end of the month i will depart with rm3k coz i just picked up momo 4 spoke steering wheel from my friend abt rm300 (haven't fitted it yet) and want to fit a set of rear disc brake too...

if i am lucky to find one lor...

i want to ask u guys..doesn't worth to fit an aluminium spare radiator water tank ? i saw in a magazine cost abt rm1xx...

now i am broke... :-)

weih bro! slow slow,... dun spend unnecessarily,...
later ur car cost more than u juz buy a jerung sv4,...

here at arau sv4 recond 1997 2.2 manual cost abt rm27k..lucky i dont have the budget if not i sure sambar that car...

i know what u mean but when i purchase this car i already set aside rm3k to do repair on it since it old car (15 years old)..plus i already promise my mom to balik kuala pilah for this year raya and want to bring her jalan2 around kl..thus i need the car to be fit enough to travel long distance...

the car : rm15.7k
repair budget : rm3k

i try to fit MOMO steering this morning but seem the boss kit isn't tight (slightly loose)..so i had to buy new boss kit to fit the steering..

wonder if sv4 dashboard can be fit in sm4 ? if do,ka..boom...

here at arau sv4 recond 1997 2.2 manual cost abt rm27k..lucky i dont have the budget if not i sure sambar that car...

i know what u mean but when i purchase this car i already set aside rm3k to do repair on it since it old car (15 years old)..plus i already promise my mom to balik kuala pilah for this year raya and want to bring her jalan2 around kl..thus i need the car to be fit enough to travel long distance...

the car : rm15.7k
repair budget : rm3k

i try to fit MOMO steering this morning but seem the boss kit isn't tight (slightly loose)..so i had to buy new boss kit to fit the steering..

wonder if sv4 dashboard can be fit in sm4 ? if do,ka..boom...

integra dashboard also can masuk sm4,... malaysia boleh!!!
wat sv4 recond manual 27k??? cd6 ah? where got that cheap??? h22a vtec oooohhhh,...

i was intending to sell my '92 sm4 for over 20k,... and buy a bb1 prelude, just recently but no one offer to buy and the lude also sold off liao,... my car no need to repair anything,... current mileage 72k,...