Nissan Sentra 1997 B14

dankmtan

Known Member
Mar 15, 2006
Anyone out there know how to improve the performance of this car? E.g. the suspension,spring .What brand and where to get it? Thank u very much.:embaressed_smile:

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
go for adjustable HWL... is ok liau... change to sr16vvl if u want to used back the stock engine then go for 4-2-1 is ok ... u really want more performance give people pnp the bigger valve and change the valve spring

dankmtan

Known Member
Mar 15, 2006
my absorber is kong liau , where to buy HWL(WHAT IS HWL?, anyway?) . How much if change to sv16vvl? How much if change bigger valve and valve spring?

georgecheng

Known Member
Jul 17, 2005
JB
What engine are you using? GA15DE or GA16DE engine? Suspension can range from koni, to coil over tein, d2, or titan. As for spring. what u looking for, lower spring? Actually if you looking for lower spring, I do have a set, with koni suspension, but ride could be quite harsh with this setup.
As for upgrading your engine, go for air filter change, either open pod or better breather drop in. Have your extractor change to 4-2-1 and your exhaust do up. If you ready for much power, need to find a turbo set up or swap 1.8l engine.

dankmtan

Known Member
Mar 15, 2006
thank u all for the advise. By the way, i m using GA16DE engine. I don't intend to lower my spring. I just wanted to change the suspension and the engine, maybe. Any good suspension to recommend ? How much? Thank u again.

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
Change to HWL adjustable absorber i think cost u about 2k, about the engine the sr6vvl if u go for auto forget about it bzos this kind of engine need high RPM to give more power like the VTEC.. this engine is similiar like the VTEC enigne... my workshop there said just bolt on turbo to the ga16de so is call ga16det hahha.. also can win sr16vvl bzos term of pick up .. bzos sr16vvl need until the high rpm then get a power ... but if u wanna bolt on turbo on ga16de need buy the emanage, i know better than change engine but if u change engine wat engine u want go .. sr20det now is so hard get a prove .. so now i also plan do the turbo in ga16de need save money 1st.. when u bolt on turbo in ga16de can boost at least 0.5bar and 140 to 160hp... no need change the gasket used back orginal gasket

dankmtan

Known Member
Mar 15, 2006
Hi! How much is the bolt on turbo.? Can u tell me where i can install it? If can, let me call the workshop, Phone No. please? Do i have to change Anything in my car? Thank you again.

georgecheng

Known Member
Jul 17, 2005
JB
Dankmtan, I using titan suspension, cost about 2.8k. As for your engine model i using GA15DE. You bolt on turbo, if boost under 0.5 bar, dont' have to change much, if u interested to boost higher, fuel pump, injector, intercooler, oil cooler, clutch have to change. Price range from 3k to 10k. depend on the chip you using. I recomend you use microtech, but cost will be higher.

Pls have your brake sys upgrade first before upgrading your engine, play save for you and others.

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
yup at least more than that price... if u really want to modify 1st buy the good adjustable absorber make ur car good handling 1st and remember wat engine u wanna but on ur car bzos adjustable also need to make how many kilo front and rear if i not wrong... georgecheng titan is so expensive la... HWL u can ask them custom make for ur car the price also not more than 2k.. they will count how many kilo u want for front and rear... dankman now ur car max speed until wat km/h?

georgecheng

Known Member
Jul 17, 2005
JB
n_chun21, you too driving B14 right, what engine u using? If GA15DE, do let me know. I been looking for metal casket, but can't find it. Or if you happened to know where I can get it, do let me know.

nashlovebrown

2,000 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
kl
im looking for engine performance parts..such as the sparkplug cable, adjustable cam pulley, high cam and so on. bodykits . this for my fren he is getting one next week so he planning to mod it. where can we get those items..

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
georgecheng y u need metal gasket.. ur engine got turbo...? if u just stock engine i think no used change to metal gasket never mind i help u ask .. u driving b14? y ur engine is ga15de...?

nashlovebrown
go for the cam pulley... if u want cheap u can go to serdang skim ur pulley if u don't want i can intro u come to kepong area custom make can pulley... ask ur friends change to 4-2-1 1st step by step is ok 1...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Test drive a Kia and you could win tickets for this summer’s biggest footballing event, EURO 2012.

<!--more--> The most highly anticipated road show of the year, Naza Kia Malaysia’s Test Drive Kia On Tour, is back and this time around participants will stand a chance to win a trip to Ukraine in June to catch a EURO 2012 match.

“Last year, visitors at our Test Drive Kia On Tour road shows stood a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience