Nissan GT-R:Close Look @ Goodwood

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

Nissan took the unprecedented step of displaying this prototype in the UK when it ran the new GT-R in front of thousands of spectators at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

It took six months to convince the GT-R’s engineers and developers that showing the car in the UK and in public was a good idea. Japanese car companies are notoriously publicity shy when it comes to future models, but it’s been suggested that the GT-R was wheeled out to put a dampener on Toyota’s sponsorship of the event.

New shape clear even under heavy disguise

Skyline fans will approve of the round rear lights

DB9-style pop-out door handles

Seriously driver-focused cabin

Large rev counter and the speedometer’s needle starts on the right-hand side of the dial, but still rotates clockwise.

In-car telemetry likely to be standard

Cogs can be swapped via paddles or lever

This is Nissan’s first paddle-shift system

The new GT-R gets a six-speed semi-automatic ’box, controlled by fixed paddle shifts behind the wheel. It will be powered by a turbocharged version of Nissan’s new 3.7-litre V6, expected to produce 450bhp.

Source:
Autocar.co.uk-05 July 2007

robthomas

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
sweet mother of God....
very beautiful...
looks very nice...

lonely driver

Jun 25, 2007
the 1st paddle shift from nissan. it wont be long to get a 1st japanese paddle shift car in bolehland. btw, can the japanese design as advance as the italian like ferrari, lambo or perhaps german like merc, bmw and audi.

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
the 1st paddle shift from nissan. btw, can the japanese design as advance as the italian like ferrari, lambo or perhaps german like merc, bmw and audi.
i hv no doubt of it cos it's a 911 GT3 killer.
That's a saying in Japan : Technology's Nissan, Marketing's Toyota !

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
time to move to dubai, work hard to get it.. its really hard for makan gaji people to buy this car in malaysia hahaha

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
Closer Look

Latest video at Goodwood--closer look
since it's from the same event, i thought just put up here:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEWFlIED2Go"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEWFlIED2Go" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

WorldCarFans.com Blog

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all;

I just had a bad experience. My Hyundai Sonata timing belt snap although I still have 13,000KM more before change. Yesterday I went to the workshop, 8 valve gone, piston rings loosen. I figure out it will be very costly to keep the engine, thinking an idea about swapping into Japanese engine i.e. Cefiro. I will still like to maintain the original gearbox with shiftronic, so can still use manual + auto transmission. Anyone can help out there.....:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience