evolancer ....
you using the ck4 1.8 gsr ar ?

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
Q8 oil

CSx8213x said:
ya ... where can get the Q8 oil ar ?
You can get them directly from Roy or Tony but also from another shop in Sri D'sara. This friend of mine owns a workshop and is quite experience in engine. If interested, PM me. I'll pass you his contact.

evolancer

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
crocky said:
If ur car standard, original BOV is enuff laa..unless u set boost higher than factory setting, then changed to aftermarket BOV to protect your 'siput'..

crocky:
1.8gsr normal boost is 0.7 right?so wat is the highest pressure it can boost??how high need to change to aftermarket bov??

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
gc8 scooby ?
1.8gsr bov plastic cant take more than standardboost
cheapest opt it vr4 metal bov 20 bucks also can get , sometimes free

onz

Nov 25, 2004
phat7 said:
1) Boost- You know how healthy the turbine is
2) Oil Temp - If you're oil coolers work
3) Water Temp - Radiator can cope or not
4) Ext Temp - To check if you're running rich or lean (by the way rich is safe just dont run lean)

Get a turbo timer. Use any good ol oil you like just get it serviced often as blowby leaves lots of dirt in oil. Good oil filter. Hope this helps.

Noob question: What is blowby and how does it leave dirt in oil? You talkniga bout engine oil right?

oneGSR

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Ampang
www.zerotohundred.com
Look after your turbine??

carcraze said:
I think most probably you'll need a boost and exaust temp. For water temp., you current meter indication should be sufficient. You might want to consider using fully synthetic engine oil. Try Q8 engine oil. Seems to be very good on my car.

Look after your turbine, and engine oil change freq. If you keep your car stock, it should be running smoothly all the time.
Look after your turbine?? How to check it, kong or not? i use standard tdo4 twin fin.

I want ask:

- Big turbin? Positive & Negative comment needed. :)

- What usually GSR user do to maintain their engine. I mean DIY service&check up at home.

- What spec that increase high boost 1.0 > ? Small budget. :)

- Best plug cable for GSR? with market price.

Last edited:

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
oneGSR said:
Look after your turbine?? How to check it, kong or not? i use standard tdo4 twin fin.

I want ask:

- Big turbin? Positive & Negative comment needed. :)

- What usually GSR user do to maintain their engine. I mean DIY service&check up at home.

- What spec that increase high boost 1.0 > ? Small budget. :)

- Best plug cable for GSR? with market price.
evolancer:
looks like we are on the same boat.....just converted to gsr..hehe....well, this is what i am gonna do...changing to hks ssqv bov(nicer sound and can take higher boost), changing air filter(current one is the air-box and using it u won't even get any bov sound bcoz of air limitations), turbo timer(must la...if not how to cool the oil?unless u wanna sit in ur car for about 1-2mins after u hv parked ur car??hehehe), adjustable suspensions(probably hotbits or hwl)u'll need good control of ur car and not just power, boost meter. for now that's it.:)

oneGSR:
there is no small budget for boosting up to 1.0 bar. u'll definitely need extractor change, turbo change, injectors change, fuel pump, i/c and etc..etc...but dun regret after doing it.:). best plug? i think they are the same for any engine but i think volker spark plugs are quite good...they are sold in speedworks. bigger turbine meaning u will need external wastegate(correct me if i am wrong all sifus who are reading) coz if u hv lots coming in, u'll need something to push them out. if not it will be too rich and there comes lag.

not only gsr cars are maintained like that but ALL turbo cars are mantained like that. for best maintainence, every 4000km change black oil. currently i am using motul. not too bad ler....and u must be very on time for ur servicing. coz turbo cars have powerfull boost. therefore, timing belt is an important issue here...keep checking if there is black oil lor....dun do crazy boosts if not it'll start leaking and that time u'll start to curse and regret. good pipping may help like probably stainless steel pipping.

well...i guess better stop here..hahahaha....damn tired and may end up "crapping" more....:p..chao dude and good luck

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
for gsr increase boost to 1 bar, i think u just need to install manual boost controller which costs rm200-300

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
sta said:
for gsr increase boost to 1 bar, i think u just need to install manual boost controller which costs rm200-300
ya but that may stress ur turbo and may lead to many problems after that.....what i mentioned may be the safest way but more expensive la....hehe

cheers

oneGSR

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Ampang
www.zerotohundred.com
zero_kool said:
ya but that may stress ur turbo and may lead to many problems after that.....what i mentioned may be the safest way but more expensive la....hehe

cheers
Expensive? how expensive? show me list of market price. i plan to use tdo5, now i standard tdo4 twin fin. I'd already use IC vr4rs, stainles piping to Hyper Dragger, exedy clutch racing, and another thing is all stock standard. what else i want to do? still newbies in turbo. :)

zero_kool

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
oneGSR said:
Expensive? how expensive? show me list of market price. i plan to use tdo5, now i standard tdo4 twin fin. I'd already use IC vr4rs, stainles piping to Hyper Dragger, exedy clutch racing, and another thing is all stock standard. what else i want to do? still newbies in turbo. :)
since u got vr4 i/c u stick with that lor...u'll need wastegate, bigger turbo(td05 or td06), injectors, fuel pump...may cost up to RM4k i think. wah...u got vr4 i/c on ur td04? no lag meh? i was told that there might be lag one wor...

cheers

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
zero_kool said:
since u got vr4 i/c u stick with that lor...u'll need wastegate, bigger turbo(td05 or td06), injectors, fuel pump...may cost up to RM4k i think. wah...u got vr4 i/c on ur td04? no lag meh? i was told that there might be lag one wor...

cheers
if boost to 1.0bar dun need so many things la as i know...if beyond 1.0bar maybe la.....im using ARC gtr33 big intercooler on my 4G63T b4...no lag oso....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all

I am planning to replace all suspension/tyre related parts (except for spring & absorber), which have bushing, such as lower arm, lower link etc. The problem is, I dont have the knowledge of complete list of what parts that has bushing to estimate the price. Can someone share his knowledge what I can replace. Front and rear should be different right?

1) Lower link/tulang anjing
2) Lower arm
3) others?

Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience