New Turbo VW Vento priced between RM80-90K, launches next week!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
The highly anticipated new 2016 VW Vento is set to touchdown showrooms next week onwards, but to tempt your senses further we've been told that the soon to be launched Highline, Comfortline an Trendline variants of the Vento is now available for booking between RM80K - RM90K

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8OB9F_PHxj4" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" frameborder="0" height="315" width="700"></iframe>

The VW Vento is said to be the only Turbocharged sedan in its class and with the Highline variant, expect reasonable prod from 105hp / 175nm 1.2L Turbo direct-injection TSI engine mated to renowned 7-speed DSG dual clutch transmission.

The new VW Vento Highline has been awarded a 5-star racing by ASEAN NCAP and is equipped with ESC (electronic stability control) 4 Airbags (Front + Side), ABS, Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS) and ISOFIX for child seats.

The Vento will be availble in 5 colours:

• Candy White
  • Flash Red
  • Reflex Silver
  • Carbon Steel Grey
  • Deep Black
Find out more about the Vento here: http://vw.volkswagen.com.my/coming-soon/the-vento/

Alternatively, book your test drive or interest through VW Dealer VW Wing Hin Autohaus here: http://winghin.volkswagen.com.my/#

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Looking at how bad VW sales is now, I honestly doubt sales will be too good for this new model. And isn't this stepping on Polo Sedan territory?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Looking at how bad VW sales is now, I honestly doubt sales will be too good for this new model. And isn't this stepping on Polo Sedan territory?
The Vento should be replacing the Polo Sedan i would think

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Still using the problematic 7 speed DSG?
No idea to be honest at this point. However I'll be at the official launch next week and I shall return with some answers

If you like (rest of you guys too) please post your questions here and I shall pick them to be asked during the press conference next week

1. Has the 7 Speed DSG been revised to eliminate shift mechanism / mechatronic failures of the past?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No idea to be honest at this point. However I'll be at the official launch next week and I shall return with some answers

If you like (rest of you guys too) please post your questions here and I shall pick them to be asked during the press conference next week

1. Has the 7 Speed DSG been revised to eliminate shift mechanism / mechatronic failures of the past?

2. Will the Polo hatchback continue to sell? Or will there be a Vento hatchback?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
Added one

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
3. On top of 1., what about the clutch issues?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Added one
Thanks Izso, so 2 questions from you guys,

2. Will the Polo hatchback continue to sell? Or will there be a Vento hatchback?

Although i would assume the answer would describe how the Vento being an old VW model name is currently revived to replace the Polo Sedan an the Polo will be called the Polo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
this would be the same as 6uest's question yes?
Similar, both the clutch and the mechatronic is part of the DSG 7. VW is always saying the mineral oil solved the mechatronic failure.

So what about the clutch failures and premature wear. Basically they answer A and skip question B.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Similar, both the clutch and the mechatronic is part of the DSG 7. VW is always saying the mineral oil solved the mechatronic failure.

So what about the clutch failures and premature wear. Basically they answer A and skip question B.
Good point ixeo

so it's going to be like this:

1. Has the 7 Speed DSG been revised to eliminate failures of the past? If so, will there be any improvements over the 2, much talked about mechatronic and premature clutch wear?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I still think is mechanical as they are still selling the FS oil.....hhahhahah:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience