New Member Reporting In

dvino

Known Member
Hi All, :wavey:

I just got my DC5R 2004 (pre facelift) model yesteday after waiting for 3 months.
I got a ticket when drving it back also :biggrin:

I would like to thank Timmy for his giudance & tips on how to look for a good DC5R few months back.
Thanks man!!! :biggrin:
I think i got an ok car but need the sifu's here to decide that :driver:

Hope i can meet all of you soon.

Some Questions already :smokin:

1. I started the car today morning and found out that during the engine warm-up period mild white smoke is coming out from the exhaust. Is this normal?

2. When drving back yesterday, i also feel that the engine rev is on the higher side. It feels rough
when i start the engine. It this normal too?

Thank you guys.
:nurse:

Mild white smoke? Does it have like a sharp stink to it and kinda blueish? If it does and constant (all the time), u need to be worried. But if it's just a bit during warm up, no need to worry. Ur engine and exhaust system could just be retaining a lot of moisture.

Mild white smoke? Does it have like a sharp stink to it and kinda blueish? If it does and constant (all the time), u need to be worried. But if it's just a bit during warm up, no need to worry. Ur engine and exhaust system could just be retaining a lot of moisture.

hi Minivan,

no smell and its not blueish as far as i notice.:driver:
thanks bro!

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

wow....congrats and welcome to the community...

Hi Prasath,

Thanks bro......hope to see all of you soon :smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Hi Guys,

Can you all recommend what kind of alaram suits our car? 1K budget is ok?
I havent install one and kiinda worried about it.

Thank all

Ha ha , Vino , good to hear that you've got your car already.

i havent seen you in a while.

the white smoke during morning start up is normal, it's the steam from the burning of moisture in the exhaust pipe, which has probably condensed during night time.

bring your car by some time, and take me for a ride bro!!!! :biggrin:

Vino there's a track day on this 23rd! Monday and its closed. What say you? highly recommended!!!

I smell burning rubber

welcome dvino and congrats on ur purchase

Wellcome vino.. i propose for a meet up tomorrow night (coz my i-vtec is functioning now haha) what say u guys? I'll post at the TT section..cheers

Ha ha , Vino , good to hear that you've got your car already.

i havent seen you in a while.

the white smoke during morning start up is normal, it's the steam from the burning of moisture in the exhaust pipe, which has probably condensed during night time.

bring your car by some time, and take me for a ride bro!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks Bro Tim!!
Was kinda busy with work. I did bump into your monster & you in Juru but you fly already after that :driver:

yeah sure lets meet up...i need to feel the monster's power :smokin:

Vino there's a track day on this 23rd! Monday and its closed. What say you? highly recommended!!!

bro,

Im still so not used to the car. It stalled many palaces especially the traffic lights.
Clutch is stiff la bro.....

I would love to join all of you in the Track Day but this time its just to fast of a notice and me no experience with the car at all :banghead:
Sorry guys but I'm very sure to join you all in the coming TT and track day

I'm very happy to see replies on my thread and the way I'm being welcomed
Really looking forward to see all of you :proud:

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

bro,

Im still so not used to the car. It stalled many palaces especially the traffic lights.
Clutch is stiff la bro.....

I would love to join all of you in the Track Day but this time its just to fast of a notice and me no experience with the car at all :banghead:
Sorry guys but I'm very sure to join you all in the coming TT and track day

heh heh , DC5 community are all nice guys ......

..... but secretly , 99% are actually gay!!! :biggrin:

We guys are happy coz drinks and foods will be on newbie. HEHE :thefinger: jk.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

heh heh , DC5 community are all nice guys ......

..... but secretly , 99% are actually gay!!! :biggrin:

let me guess! the remaining 1% is you right? :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

EXACTLY !!!

I will now be referred as "THE ONLY NOT-GAY DC5 DRIVER" :thefinger:

thank you thank you !

Hi dvino, welcome to the club!

About the smoke, i agree with minivan and timmy-the-gay.

About the engine rev on the high side, Type-R engines are best driven at high revs!!
High revs is where it really performs!

On the rough engine, if you haven't already done so, i suggest you send it to a workshop and do a full service, including draining, bleeding and replacing ALL FLUIDS like engine oil, transmission/LSD oil, brake and clutch fluid, power steering fluid, etc.
You sales man might have told you he has services the car, etc, DO NOT believe.
Better safe than sorry.

If you are not used to the car, take it easy first, get to know its handling and power better before driving in extremes.
Don't get poisoned by prasath-mr-230whp to go track so soon.
Stock DC5R clutch is very soft and so not stiff. Either yours is using aftermarket ones or you really need to change your clutch fluid.

Hope to see u at the next TT session.

p.s. timmy IS THE ONLY gay dc5 driver. We have learnt to accept that, so shall you.

Hi dvino, welcome to the club!

About the smoke, i agree with minivan and timmy-the-gay.

About the engine rev on the high side, Type-R engines are best driven at high revs!!
High revs is where it really performs!

On the rough engine, if you haven't already done so, i suggest you send it to a workshop and do a full service, including draining, bleeding and replacing ALL FLUIDS like engine oil, transmission/LSD oil, brake and clutch fluid, power steering fluid, etc.
You sales man might have told you he has services the car, etc, DO NOT believe.
Better safe than sorry.

Thanks bro Slick......
The sales man told me that all have been done......i better get it done

Bro timmy,
any workshop you suggest in our area that i can do this?

If you are not used to the car, take it easy first, get to know its handling and power better before driving in extremes.
Don't get poisoned by prasath-mr-230whp to go track so soon.
Stock DC5R clutch is very soft and so not stiff. Either yours is using aftermarket ones or you really need to change your clutch fluid.

Hope to see u at the next TT session.

p.s. timmy IS THE ONLY gay dc5 driver. We have learnt to accept that, so shall you.

sure i cannot fight Mr.230whp ( my god) and not to forget Timmy's monster :driver:

anyway guys, what kind of alarm system that you guy think is ok?

I not too sure these guys really know much about alarms as it doesnt make their cars go faster or stop harder or go round corners faster... all i know is most have 2 way alarms... :tongue: thats all i know...

Welcome man! Btw, get the alarm system FAST!, and make sure its a good one too! I didnt really care about security, and a month later, paid the price - some ****er broke in my car and took my dvd player..tried stealing the car too, but i think the dumbass didnt know how to start the car. Worst of all, all this happened in broad daylight in an open car park. So yeah, dont take any chances, use steering lock/ clutch lock etc! CAPTOR even better. Enjoy..! :biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom