New Automotive Policy

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jasonchan

500 RPM
Yo the new policy has come out...CBU cars will be much more cheaper ...damn it...should have waited till this month to buy cars...

hmm i wonder if proton and perodua price will go up or come down cause their 50% excise duty subsidy by G has been expired.!!

Previously, excise duty on CBU vehicles was based on the value of cost, insurance and freight (CIF).

Under the tax on tax formula, the value of excise duties will be based on the CIF value including the import duties.

With the new structure for all passenger cars, import duties on Asean CBU vehicles will be reduced to 15% from 20%, and that on non- Asean CBUs to 30% from 50%.

The zero per cent import duties on Asean completely knocked down (CKD) passenger cars and 10% on non-Asean CKD remain unchanged.

Excise duties on CBU and CKD passenger cars between 1,800cc and 3,000cc have been reduced to 80% to100%, from 90% to 250%; and on 4WDs to 55% to 160%, from 60% to 170%.

Excise duties on motorcycles were also reduced to 20% to 50%, from 20% to 60%, while that for CKD and CBU multi-purpose vehicles from Asean and non-Asean regions have been raised to 55% to 160%, from 40% to 170%. Although the new tax structure takes effect today, exemption will be given for goods in transit.

the policy begin with immediate effect rite? what happen to all car prices?

Don't expect cheaper cars. That won't happen.

ouww.....kenot happen kaa?? at least make nationals cars cheaper, then it will be attractive again. throw away all the accesories like ICE and alloy wheels.
and sell the car in Thai and Indonesia. they also RHD markets, no need conversion.

what i think shud be the price..

1. kancil = 15K
2. kelisa = 20k
3. myvi = 30k
4. saga LMST = 18K
5. wira SE = 35K
6. waja/gen2 = 40K
7. Perdana V6 = 60K

he he he..doesnt make sense i know. but that's what i think it shud be...

jasonchan said:
Previously, excise duty on CBU vehicles was based on the value of cost, insurance and freight (CIF).

Under the tax on tax formula, the value of excise duties will be based on the CIF value including the import duties.

With the new structure for all passenger cars, import duties on Asean CBU vehicles will be reduced to 15% from 20%, and that on non- Asean CBUs to 30% from 50%.

The zero per cent import duties on Asean completely knocked down (CKD) passenger cars and 10% on non-Asean CKD remain unchanged.

Excise duties on CBU and CKD passenger cars between 1,800cc and 3,000cc have been reduced to 80% to100%, from 90% to 250%; and on 4WDs to 55% to 160%, from 60% to 170%.

Excise duties on motorcycles were also reduced to 20% to 50%, from 20% to 60%, while that for CKD and CBU multi-purpose vehicles from Asean and non-Asean regions have been raised to 55% to 160%, from 40% to 170%. Although the new tax structure takes effect today, exemption will be given for goods in transit.

i saw also in today's paper...thts great..cars will be cheaper now...

look at that..it was bloody 250% before ..now 100%!!! :eek:
for 1.8 from 90% to 80%...10% drop...

lets see wat the new car prices are..when the list comes out from thier respective car dealerships...

car prices will decreased.. but only a little.. but then.. new models always increase in price, thus the price will remain unchanged :(

DUn expect drastic price drop. This will never happen so long Proton is still around.

maybe can get more discount only

its a step in the right direction... small, but still welcomed...

time for proton to buck-up or buck-out!

if cbu car really cheap..proton n perodua confirmed TUTUP kedai oledi...all buy honda jazz/suzuki solio....etc instead of myvi....

dunno la..wait n see la.... :vroam:

if myvi still 52k while jazz 65k... i still go for myvi... unless myvi 52k n jazz 52k, of coz lah i go for myvi.. kahahaha

uhm..
this sounds fishy :/

regarding car prices there are a lot of variables to play with... i think if the Gov doesn't impose duties that much, they can hike up road tax or insurance requirements... all in all, the inevitable fact is proton is still gonna be backed up... i don't mind that, biasa already (sigh), i'll be glad and happy enough if they can start producing cars of quality equivalent to other imported cars, a reasonable expectation! (and good design please! dun design another kura-kura savvy la!) :biggrin:

Great !!!!

So tax reduce.....

Any idea how's the pricing like for..eg..

Mit. EVO9..previous price RM280K...so now.. ?

Recond car consider as well ?

hm......

i think we need a lawyer to interpret these new laws.....cant they make it simple....
well i think i would agree with some of u that...the prices wont drop..other wise proton/perdoua would drop....

Top Bottom