negative pressure supercharging

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Errm.. just read it and it makes my head spin...

hi all,

check this one out:

Negative Pressure Supercharging is a highly advanced Thermo Fluid Dynamic Process that makes the engine supercharge itself from the inside and it uses NO air pump.

ive heard of supercharging and turbocharging an engine but this is new.

i couldn help but to think that this is ultimate street engine upgrade rather than turbo or supercharge since it peaks out the power of a stock engine in 0 - 4500rpm

do we have this in malaysia??

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think that was actually engine scavenging effect during exhaust stroke where exhaust gas coming out from combustion chamber and at the same time due to high out-flow, the intake valve open slightly and allow fresh new intake air+petrol mixture to be sucked inside combustion chamber by the negative pressure of that exhaust gas...

in easy word..this use bigger valve overlap (variable in vvt equipped engine)...so nothing new...that was just american only discover how much diff. they can make if playing with engine fine tuning apart from their crude big CC of v8 muscle.... :biggrin:

*btw correct me if i'm wrong :adore:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
I thought so myself... but me no expert :adore: so wait for sifu to correct us
i think that was actually engine scavenging effect during exhaust stroke where exhaust gas coming out from combustion chamber and at the same time due to high out-flow, the intake valve open slightly and allow fresh new intake air+petrol mixture to be sucked inside combustion chamber by the negative pressure of that exhaust gas...

in easy word..this use bigger valve overlap (variable in vvt equipped engine)...so nothing new...that was just american only discover how much diff. they can make if playing with engine fine tuning apart from their crude big CC of v8 muscle.... :biggrin:

*btw correct me if i'm wrong :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah..wait for other otai to comment....

(*i lazy to read that article throughly)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
negative pressure supercharging?

i've read through the site.. and it seems like a marketing gimmick..

why?

Supercharge = Force Induction = Positive Pressure

Therefore, Negative Pressure Supercharging = No Pressure = Naturally Aspirated..

What they trying to say is 'Tune ur NA engine to a higher degree' in a very complicated way

:biggrin:

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
the physics of the operation is nothing new, we all know why it works and can make sense out of it but i think the approach is new, ive never seen any performance workshop here would thought of using small header primary and earlier intake valve closing to achieve performance.

typically, they'll say go bigger in everything for performance which i think is not true :D e.g i believe smaller intake ports would make more potential hp than bigger ports

i guess theres nothing like this yet in malaysia eh??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As a top Malaysian racer and on both four and two wheels, Adi Haslam was dealt a cruel hand by fate as a motocross accident in 1997 robbed him of his ability to walk and rendered him wheelchair-bound until the K4GP 24-Hours Endurance landed on our shores.

Forming his own team for the race, Adi was back behind the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience