neep opinion

superglwl

Known Member
i need to know which is better???
1) install k&n filter but air intake is hot coz air taken from the hood......the k&n filter i am using is those 360 degree type for caburetor engine
2)stock air filter but modified for cool air intake....stock air filter are those paper type 1

choice 1 or 2????

hurm...

1 + 2 + heat shield of coz good ......but it needs around RM400 to do it and i think its not that worth it compare to the lil extra power i am getting from it

haiya...there is a reason y u are in this diy forum rite?
DIY lah =P

just need some measuring skills to get the correct measurements of the heat shield, find some aluminium sheets source(either cut ur own or ask ppl cut), then kao tim lor. I plan to do mine too...not so soon lah...doing something else =P

for the cold air intake, just use those hose, make sure the inside is smooth, search around ur engine bay for the most suitable place lor =)

for the heat shield if u want some pointers on my planned project, just pm me...only if u planning to do it lah =)

hey, check with jaywat... he did something neat with his CAI... Maybe he can help you with this.

And yah DIY is way cheaper than RM400.... prolly bout fraction and buy us all one round off TT and still have some savings...

I did the same before but it was for a satria 1996 1.3 carb both KNN filter + Heat Shield + CAI + Cleaning material for the Filter for less than RM200

same lar...just extend the CAI to the filter there lar...but i personally think this after market filter is not good....since it's on top of engine...suck in all the hot air...original better

so its better to do a CAI on a stock air filter than to use this after market K&N filter??

I think it's better to remain stock filter lo, better heat shield than this one.