Need sifu to help on my noisy interior..

B14_kia

i've juz bought a b14 97' ...i found that the dashboard (on the top there) plastic abit change shape liao....guess my car having some tough toast under sun light before ...when i'm driving it on rough road..it will come out some " gik..gik sound ...so annoying...and i found some noise from all 4 door as well...the sound seems coming out from door's internal... hhm.m...i plan to open it to put some sort of sponge in to the dashboard to terminate the noise...but i dunno how to open it and avoid being damage results of my noobness.... i dunno which part of the door create noise as well...need b14 pro guide me on this :P

i found the engine sounds rough when start from 2500rpm onwards....after i check it .. it dun seems like the chain dying ....or maybe juz b14 engine sound proof a bit weak ?

Dash noise can be tricky. For a start put a cloth inside your golve box. If still persist, you may need to get a mech to remove the dash. Door panel sounds could be loose power winder wirings inside due to mis-clips. Its easily removable. Just tightened back the screws all round especially the 3 nuts around your front speakers. GA16DE is a quiet engine and reliable engine. Its has VTC on the head which works hydraulically so you need clean oil every time. Use 10W30 or 10W40 and dont exceed 10,000km. Timing chain seldom kacau but if you suspect its from the chain, send it back to Tan Chong to have it adjusted. For more info about your GA16DE see here...

GUNNER93's CAVERN - Project B14 - Mod on my B14

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Thx for replying me ...i've change oil every 5k km ... sound oil is not a issue la... btw,im using NASA oil 10w50 ..(hhmmm...i din know the true reading) ... but the engine sound really not nice ..even compare to my fren old wira 1.5 (though mine are silent than him).. the engine sound like VAN engine ...but so far it still very heath and hv decent power...no smoke issue...i think it could b i was expecting too much -_-" ... anyway..any sifu here tried remove their dashboard before ? ...mind to share some ?? :P

Last edited:
really nobody here to remove their b14 dash before ?

It's not easy to remove the dashboard without professional skills, it's best you leave it to a dependable mechanic to do it for you... Taking it out is one thing, mounting it back is another tough job...

B14kia, maybe its the timing chain tensioner. Recently heard a mechanic told me that there's a guy who change the whole engine because cant get rid of the noise. But later found out it's just bcos of the tensioner. Look into it. Might help.

oh i see ......haha...if got chance,i will post up some pic of my dash condition ... on the top there , the shape juz change a little ( car been heavy toast under sun before ? who know .. ) ......
btw...i dun care about the dash noise 1st...next week i will DIY to remove all 4 door panel to eliminate all the noisy-maker , most probably is the lock-motor that could be a bit loose in its place ... and shoting up a few photo to share it here...

i found 1 more " interested thing " in my car.. my rear speaker isn't screwed on the panel ... lol
i can be freely taken up down ... hmm...and i din see a screw hole over there...is tat it is design to be like tat ?