Need advice from sifu ICE.. :adore:

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

pokoknya apa

to all sifu..im newbie..just bought proton lmst.need advice to put ICE.not the hardcore ICE..just a intermediate ICE..simple² suda..:driver:

State your budget first. Intermediate is too general. Better if you can tell us your budget, then we can give suggestions. Also what you want? SQ or SPL?

brand, budget, quality all you will decide along the way bro. from what ive learnt(im also a newbie).

Basic and simple.
Front Component Speakers 6.5"
Rear Midbass
1 4ch Amp
1 Subwoofer

budget rm1k..already have HU pioneer cd not sure model (gift from member)..i dun wanna install amp n subwoofer.just front n rear speaker..

Just get a decent front comp will do. If add budget, can get a decent rear speakers also. But of course you can get both front comp and rear speakers with RM1k also.

SQ = you are after sound quality,clarity.

SPL = if you want loudness and bass. i think this is what it means la..sifu pls correct me.

component set = 6.5" speaker+tweeter+passive crossover. this one you must invest in a good one. since your budget is rm1k. for speakers only. no amp n sub, i think you can get a decent pair component set.

you try to check the player code/model, cause a goiod HU is also very important.

tq for info.i just came back from surveying,tokey acc recommend this one..mohawk ms 6.2.izit ok??rm300

Attachments

• mohawk.jpg
    mohawk.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 129
bro from my experience dont follow wat those acc shop 'tokey' say.. if can ah bro..do your research..and look around this forum .. got brands that quality is ensured for the price...avoid this kind of component set if can..like the hertz@rm200 is most likely fake, (i think ori ones cost nearly rm700++) mohawk,american sound,kicker comp, all this alot of immitation bro.

i know the guys here like focal,morel,boston,rainbow and some other brands also..

i last time use to buy american sound, kicker comp, alwaysw ended up feeling like it was a waste of money...after reading the forums and researching...i found out why...

the a month ago i bought rainbow comp set...my 1st expensive speaker(to me its frteaking exp, to some its still ok ok only.)and i never regretted...now i know why they say buy these kind of speakers... really bro.. i also dont have sub and amp...but the speakers really is worth it.

my 0.5 cents

suggestion is to find something like those brands within your budget,look around in marketplace-> and see... :)

SPL = Sound Pressure Level, which means what ad_eg said.

With RM1k budget, I doubt can get brands like Morel, Focal and so on. But Boston S60 (can't remember the model) is about RM700-RM800. Quite good too. My personal favourite is DLS Ultimate but Reference also damn nice for me.

Oh yes, like bro ad_eg advised, stay away from brands like mohawk and shit. Where are you located bro? If around KL or PJ, there are a few shops I know that you can visit. I myself use to get my stuff from KF in PJ. Now no more play ICE. Hehe.

tq bro..tq..yesterday i survey until 9pm.hahahaha almost tokey acc really wanna sell their product rather advice me what to do...sometime i feel disappointed..i hope someone can guide me..i know in WORLD ICE RM1k is not enough..

from the story,i assumed u looking for a nice ice set.....like bro said are u looking for the sq or spl ice? for sq i would suggest using alpine speaker.. try to fine the speaker with tweeter build inside.....and for spl i like to suggest the adams 12 inch bass with the pioneer 4 ch amp..these 3 are attach in my car....so far the sound never disappointment me.....correct me if i wrong hehe..my suggestion for u hehe

For RM1k budget, I would recommend that you get a single set of front components first, I would recommend getting the Dominations D'Lite at around RM700+, spend some money to get the front doors deadened, a decent set of OFC speaker cables, and also some spare change left for installation. Trust me, that'll be the most decent RM1k you would spend upgrading your sound setup.

As for the rear speakers, you could leave it hooked up but have your fader set to front biased, or you could just unhook them.

A lot of people don't understand that in a good stereo setup for in car use, rear speakers are almost negligible.

If SQ, then just disconnect the rear speaker cables or you can use the fader for the sound to be more front biased.

As for the front, I think Grexer has given you the break down on what you should do with the RM1k. Domination comps also got good review although I never really had the chance to listen to them.

Later got money, I seriously would recommend you to get a HU as well.

yesterday long journey..after survey many shops i really satisfied..YES i need to buy a new HU..then after that need to match up speaker..any sugestion for HU? budget around rm500.

Yours is single or double din?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom