Need Help!!!-Wira 1.5AT - Mivec

d13

Jun 16, 2005
kajang selangor
HELP NEEDED
Halo frez..any1 out there can help me with some engine advices. 1st of all i wana kno is there a mivec engine wit turbo, to my opinion there is 1 but i'm not pretty sure..if there is 1 can i know wat it is name and its specs?
besides tat i oso wana know wat engines tat can be transplanted into my wira 1.5AT other than GSr and GTi..i'm basically interested in VR4 engine wit TD05 turbin..but i'm afraid it will give me problems in terms of JPJ matters. :confused:
i oso wana know wat are the othere parts needed to be changed if i wan my car to be at its peak..including all the rubbers,seals,belts,brakes,meters,if turbo(blow off valve tat is good-i think HKS SSQV)..ecu n others. i realy hope u guys out there can give me a detailed explanation including the cost...workshop tat is popular or more reliable and where can i get the parts (potong kereta) i want easily. really seeking ur guys help..badly need to convert my car by end of this yr.. :)

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Okay... i'm no sifu.. but let me see how much i can help u..

1. If i'm correct there is only one mivec turbo that is actually design by mitsu itself.. which is in the evo 9, the rest are hybrid engines... mivec turbo requires alot of tuning and needs a great mechanics who knows his stuff to do it for u.. there is alot of things that need to be adjusted.. and change.. which needs load of $$$

2. What engine u can use... erm... evo's 1-3 and vr4 as possible choices for ur car... but as ur car is a 1.5.. changing to a 2.0 engine might cause u some problem with jpj.. so if i were u i will change a GSR..

3. After ur transprant... make sure u get a halfcut with everything gearbox... and make sure u test the engine... things u would need to look into.. Brakes.. very important no point all the power if u cannot stop.. suspension also need to be upgraded... and... i'm missing something.. hope someone can fill u in...

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
hi there...
no mivec turbo stock standard from mitsubishi, EXCEPT for the new evo 9, which has mitsu's proprietary variable valve timing on the 4g63 lump.

engine transplant, well, just take a step back and have a look at what you really want. more power for overtaking? wanna take on the tracks?

the 4g93p dohc (putra and gti and wira 1.8) is a fairly decent engine with gobloads of torque low down to mid range (IMHO) and its also a drop in fit for a wira. as for jpj, not much of a hassle i think, its still within 25% of the original car's displacement. great lump for town driving and occasional fun bursts on track.

4g92 mivec from mitsu has high power, yes....but most of it is at the end of the rev range....below that, it'll just feel like any other 1.6 (this is a personal opinion. mivec owners may have a better explanation ^_^ ) anyhows, this is an expensive lump.

anyhows, anything above 200ps on a road driven ff car, its getting to be a bitch to drive on the road. IMHO again. some may like to differ

happy modding. always remember, do mods that have the most BANG for your buck.

cheers

HyperRevved 6313

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
d13 said:
HELP NEEDED
Halo frez..any1 out there can help me with some engine advices. 1st of all i wana kno is there a mivec engine wit turbo, to my opinion there is 1 but i'm not pretty sure..if there is 1 can i know wat it is name and its specs?
besides tat i oso wana know wat engines tat can be transplanted into my wira 1.5AT other than GSr and GTi..i'm basically interested in VR4 engine wit TD05 turbin..but i'm afraid it will give me problems in terms of JPJ matters. :confused:
i oso wana know wat are the othere parts needed to be changed if i wan my car to be at its peak..including all the rubbers,seals,belts,brakes,meters,if turbo(blow off valve tat is good-i think HKS SSQV)..ecu n others. i realy hope u guys out there can give me a detailed explanation including the cost...workshop tat is popular or more reliable and where can i get the parts (potong kereta) i want easily. really seeking ur guys help..badly need to convert my car by end of this yr.. :)
GSR is de best choice if u wanna play turbo . Engine is more new den VR4 . For JPJ side i think more den 70% cannot be approve bcoz ur body is 1.5 maximum u can convert to 1.8 only . i've heard ppl get approved by paying 2,500 and it is not guarenteed .....

Half cut for VR4 is around 2500 and GSR is around 5,500 ..... workmanship around 1,300 to 1,500 depends which workshop .

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
Dino@Casper said:
Okay... i'm no sifu.. but let me see how much i can help u..

1. If i'm correct there is only one mivec turbo that is actually design by mitsu itself.. which is in the evo 9, the rest are hybrid engines...
I think there is one more besides the EVO 9.. The Mitsu Colt Ralliart.. it has a 1.5 Mivec turbo too..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Looking down on to the centre console, centrepiece of the Macan's pretty cockpit, a range of buttons surround the shift knob. Everything from air con to ride height to driving mode selection are concentrated here. It will take some getting used to, to start operating this intricately arranged command centre to its full potential...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience