Need help.packaging and shipping.

rolandofam

Known Member
Jul 23, 2008
hi.im facing a problem on shipping an item overseas here.

from now on, im going to ship a full bumper to Indonesia.the problem comes out on "how am i going to wrap the thing?" since i can't find a big box to put it in.
is there any place doing packaging and shipping business?i can simply go to dhl or fedex to ship the item.but it will cost me more than triple price of the item itself.
help!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
yup, you have no other way to transport them withoht paying more on the freight than the bumper itself, unless you know the tongkang guys at the jetty where they will help you to birng them in ,,,, but somewhat very unrealiable...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bro,

wrap it with bubble wrap then use few boxes cut n joint...as long as u can pack the bumper, it is fine... send it via logistic company instead of courier..cheaper alots.

i owes send bodyparts to sabah sarawak, i wrap in tat way..it is fine...if engine or heavy item, then u hv to do the wood box edi

bumper, bonnet, doors..all i sent....no problem

cheer

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hi.im facing a problem on shipping an item overseas here.

from now on, im going to ship a full bumper to Indonesia.the problem comes out on "how am i going to wrap the thing?" since i can't find a big box to put it in.
is there any place doing packaging and shipping business?i can simply go to dhl or fedex to ship the item.but it will cost me more than triple price of the item itself.
help!!!!!!!
if the bumper (or any other item) within 1000mm in length, the you can post through Pos Malaysia. Cheapest rate.

However, I think bumper is definitely more that 1000mm in length, the last time I checked.

DHL or similar company rates are very very expansive.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro,

wrap it with bubble wrap then use few boxes cut n joint...as long as u can pack the bumper, it is fine... send it via logistic company instead of courier..cheaper alots.

i owes send bodyparts to sabah sarawak, i wrap in tat way..it is fine...if engine or heavy item, then u hv to do the wood box edi

bumper, bonnet, doors..all i sent....no problem

cheer
Yup, as per bro. huakenny method or you can shrink wrap with cut out paper cartons also. It is more for protection then ship by sea freight, but will take much longer time to reach....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
jus pack wit paper box and use plastic wrap to wrap it...put "Fragile" stickers....thats it....

if u r unsure all this things, u can leave it to packaging company to do..but the fee is killing for sure

slack3r

Known Member
Mar 10, 2010
Manila
jus pack wit paper box and use plastic wrap to wrap it...put "Fragile" stickers....thats it....

if u r unsure all this things, u can leave it to packaging company to do..but the fee is killing for sure
do you have names for packaing companies? thanks