need help on mapping ECU..

redhat11

Dec 6, 2006
anyone know how to do tunning for car's ECU? means, change/remap the setting for better control and other stuff, eg.fuel consumption... thanks.

redhat11

Dec 6, 2006
ECU ~ Engine Control Unit
~control the fuel injection of the car, the ignition timing, some kind like that.

i want to modify the original ECU, to make it save, more fuel, if can. not sure how to connect from the car to my laptop(what type is the cable? and the software?) to adjust it.

by the way, i drive original Wira 1.5 manual. thanks.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
ECU ~ Engine Control Unit
~control the fuel injection of the car, the ignition timing, some kind like that.

i want to modify the original ECU, to make it save, more fuel, if can. not sure how to connect from the car to my laptop(what type is the cable? and the software?) to adjust it.

by the way, i drive original Wira 1.5 manual. thanks.
wira ecu.......... hmm.............. it is read only worr.............
u canot re-program it. but u can add in piggy back ecu like safc vafc and others, got a lot at the market. cost u around Rm1k and above which include dyno tunning also. for apexi safc u can tune urself no need go dyno also can.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
emanage not bad. after properly tune can get around 8 or 10whp extra but it depends on engine condition too. some get 5whp also. its very subjective.

redhat11

Dec 6, 2006
wira ecu.......... hmm.............. it is read only worr.............
u canot re-program it. but u can add in piggy back ecu like safc vafc and others, got a lot at the market. cost u around Rm1k and above which include dyno tunning also. for apexi safc u can tune urself no need go dyno also can.

i know the piggy back ecu u mention about, but it's expensive...

i think alot about this already. if it is read only, meaning that can copy the setting out,right? what connector type should i use? or use a ROM reader some kind like that stuff?

if really can, i can change the setting and buy a new ROM or other ROM's type that can erasable. then, write new setting into it.

are this possible? thanks.:biggrin:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
i know the piggy back ecu u mention about, but it's expensive...

i think alot about this already. if it is read only, meaning that can copy the setting out,right? what connector type should i use? or use a ROM reader some kind like that stuff?

if really can, i can change the setting and buy a new ROM or other ROM's type that can erasable. then, write new setting into it.

are this possible? thanks.
the connector is sth like the IDE hard disk connector but it is not IDE connector. dont think u can buy the connector. u know proton has a palm that can connect to the ecu? well that is the device they use to read the info from ecu and re-program some setting, eg idle rpm, air con on rpm,ignition timing(depending on ecu model and type. old wira engine is not 100% control by the ecu, newer wira using siemens ecu are all contol by the ecu so u need the palm to program idle and ignition timing degree, etc etc); those basic stuff.

the ecu itself is not built from 1 chip. it contains capacitors, transitors and a few chips inside. if u can read the circuit board then maybe u can figure out how to copy out the setting then replace the ROM with RAM. i not electronic engineer. so cant help u on this. u have to find electronic sifu or ecu sifu.

another way to tune the air fuel ratio is u can actually buy a AF controller which is cheaper a bit than the piggyback ecu. or u can DIY make it; surf for more info from the net to build it. currently a fren is thinking of building this device so far no news yet.

u can also try to install adjustable fuel regulator to tune the fuel pressure, then u can see some performance and fuel saving also. as far as i know wira is running on richer air fuel so u can lower the fuel pressure a bit to gain performance and fuel saving. this takes a bit time for u to adjust the regulator then test run then adjust again.

other than this i not sure, better ask mechanic.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how to do the light slowly off?
now new car normally got this type of light for door light le..
may any 1 know how to do that v diy?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience