MyVi RS [ myvi 1.0 with GSR turbine]

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
he's done the bolt on already.no point advising on YRV.

he's done a great job actually,50hp gain. boosting at? 28psi?

justshack

Mar 7, 2005
dont know net..lah bro. yesterday only the car send to tuner to install haltech. today maybe send to dyno tuning. only tomorrow know the result.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Those who said to use K3VE-T are really newbies! Do u know how much is the halfcut alone? Plus, the stock turbo is small n running on OEM ECU.

This fella using a bigger turbo + standalone management. The ECU itself costs RM 6k and it is highly tuneable. Try to tune the OEM ECU... see how much money u need to spend. Putting SAFC or RSM are nothing compared to Haltech E6X... those are merely 'rice' toys.

Anyway, congrats on the successful BOT.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
small engine and bigger turbo, question is will it be able to spool the turbo efficiently. keep in mind our friend is talking about the 1.0 and not the 1.3 n/a part with BOT.

i wouldnt go as far as calling an safc rice toy.. it does have functions.. rsm is just a digital meter..

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
i'm wondering also, the turbine is so big for the 1.0 engine. maybe push the engine to around 4.5K then only the turbine start to spool fully? anyone can advise?

time2drift

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Visit site
agreed wif sbd18...but its a personal satisfaction maa...good 2 see a custom work on a very new malaysian car..kudos mannn

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Doing custom jobs is always more satisfying than stock drop-in stuff.

Yes, it is expensive than drop-in route but hey... at least u learn something new.

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
the point is itz 1.0 can participate in 1.0 n below drag race... if 1.3 itz hard to cari makan already... same as what he told us... but for on road using better yrv bcoz itz using turbo components such as diff quality of block piston n bla bla bla...

justshack

Mar 7, 2005
my friend gonna collect the car maybe today...go after test i'm gonna update to u all whatever the gsr turbine is work on 1.0 myvi or not....got to see the tuning graph 1st and feel the car 1st. and thanx for the support...and for the oil filter problem already check...no problem with that......far from the turbine..lah actually....

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
The position of the throttle body look funny.

Couple of days ago, I was working on a Myvi engine.

THe Myvi throttle body was underneath the air filter box, the t/b was facing skywards.

But on 1 of the photo, the t/b is facing the side (forward).

I'm very interested to see this engine.

phoenixpower

Aug 12, 2004
Joeker said:
The position of the throttle body look funny.

Couple of days ago, I was working on a Myvi engine.

THe Myvi throttle body was underneath the air filter box, the t/b was facing skywards.

But on 1 of the photo, the t/b is facing the side (forward).

I'm very interested to see this engine.
G'day Joeker,

Probably the car you worked on was a MyVi with a 1.3L K3-VE (ie plastic intake runners and throttle body facing upwards).

This one's the 1.0L engine (EJ-DE?).

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
k3vet engine n some interior modification.. quoted from other sources.. heard is was a 15k transplant + management..

notice the side mirror... its a passo auto flip version... deng!!!

Last edited:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
G'day Joeker,

Probably the car you worked on was a MyVi with a 1.3L K3-VE (ie plastic intake runners and throttle body facing upwards).

This one's the 1.0L engine (EJ-DE?)
OIC.

Its interesting to see more and more people going for turbo bolt on.

I notice somethings on the picture as follow.

1st, the intercooler seems too big for 1 litre displacement.

Assuming the owner is using stock N/A piston and low boost pressure, the lag will be significant.

THe intercooler plumbing fron turbo to intercooler has too sharp bend piping. Every elbow/bend causes a drop in boost pressure, the sharper the bend/elbow the higher the drop in pressure and causing more lag.

The intercooler plumbing from intercooler to throttle body. The piping seems to be too near the turbo and ehaust manifold. THe cooled air from the i/c will be re-heated again if the piping if plumbed too near the turbo / exhaust manifold.

Therefore, watever cooling efficeincy from the oversized intercooler will be invain.

Last edited:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
nice...... really need a lot of money to do a BOT.... :angel_smile:

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
all need $$$$$$.... haihz.....if can get free... muahahahaha
i dun wan drive myvi lo...hehe

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
MyVi BOT gsr turbine...crazy man.Not turbo lag problem??
I'm also interest BOT for my car...but scare BOT got many problem la.

gloss...the YRV meter can fit for MyVi or need mod??
but the car so stock la...gold colour again.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A global car like the Chevy Cruze should be available in a number of convenient body styles to suit the needs of the market. So following the success of the Cruze in sedan guise, General Motors have released the details of a five-door Cruze hatchback that will be officially unveiled at the Paris Motor Show later this month...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience