myvi 1.3 auto (drop in VS open pod)

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
For me it is a YES. For example K & N filter (I use before). If you hold the filter in the air and look through the filter element you can see the pores/holes. If you hold up a OEM paper filter element you don't see any, that is why they filter better. K & N due to larger pores/holes they require oiling to help trap the dirt, that is why regular washing and re-oiling is required. Once the oil layer is covered with dust, it loses it's ability to trap, so more dust/dirt will go through....
Yes, agreed with you. Previously using performance air filter, the throttle body getting dirty quickly. The engine oil also get darken fast too. Now using OEM air filter, it provide better filtration and keep my throttle body clean and the engine oil slower brownish. But of course the performance of the car will drop in high rev.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, agreed with you. Previously using performance air filter, the throttle body getting dirty quickly. The engine oil also get darken fast too. Now using OEM air filter, it provide better filtration and keep my throttle body clean and the engine oil slower brownish. But of course the performance of the car will drop in high rev.
Yup, either this or that so have to choose.....:biggrin:

naqi

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
how about upgrading the drop in filter from oem to k&n, then CAI from the front bumper. from my knowledge, colder air is better. correct me if i'm wrong. cause i'm planning to do so once ive upgrade to SE bodykit. plus, kalau pakai open pod memang bunyi garang, but ive noticed my friends yang pakai, not much of a difference pun. and diorang tak pakai heatshield langsung and tak CAI pun.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
how about upgrading the drop in filter from oem to k&n, then CAI from the front bumper. from my knowledge, colder air is better. correct me if i'm wrong. cause i'm planning to do so once ive upgrade to SE bodykit. plus, kalau pakai open pod memang bunyi garang, but ive noticed my friends yang pakai, not much of a difference pun. and diorang tak pakai heatshield langsung and tak CAI pun.
The reason why your friends pakai but theres no difference is because... the extra amount of air isn't going into the engine.

Your cams allow the how much air to be pulled into the engine what, putting the biggest air filter you can find won't change the duration of how long the intake valve is open. And by putting an open pod, if you use a big pipe, the velocity of the air going in is even slower.

CAI there is a difference, slightly. But the amount of sand and leaves that enter... :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone, im newbie here~:wavey:

currently im driving the honda civic SR4 (EG9) stock engine~. thinking to change my suspension into adjustable.. but too many options and feedback always make me confuse~ Im wondering should i get HA series or SS series? Will SS series more comfort compare to HA series? all sifus please comment and advise~ thx~~~~:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience