my volvo 240--->rb20

velazques

Jul 19, 2006
hiya guys im new here.
currently im driving my oldman's car a freakign big volvo 240.its a nice car,very reliable and rear wheel drive...
one thing im pissed of with this car is that the engine sucks lotsa fuel.and has not much power to go around.ive done some calculating....fro for rm10 i can go up to 20km ONLY.:cry_smile:

so im planning to change the engine to a more 'fuel efficient, powerful engine'.so which engine guys think?
gurus...plz help.lol my fren suggested to just dump in the rb20 or rb25.haha,the same fuel consumption,but way much power.so it thought,since the fuel efficiency is almost the same,why not put a more powerful engine?i heard the rb20 is quite cheap,along with the turbo n all...so im planning to opt for it lah

but rite now i have a few setback.my friends say if i wanna change the damned engine i hafta change the damned fuel pump,suspension system(volvo is very bouncy and soft),calibrate the ecu and maintainence higher.but the biggest obstacle is my old man.lhe loves the box car.i love it too.he wants it original.i want power (and i drive it,not him!).summore i have to deal with the freaking jpj,as im changing my engine cc to a lower one (rb20).mine's 2.4L, 4 in-line cylinders....if im wild enough i can oso fit a v8 :D

anyway,wat's ur opinion ppl?i need help,and i kinda shallow in this engine knowledge thingy....
like the $$$ required for all the appropriate stuff.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
brother...it will be a long journey of modding the car...first thing first is change the engine if u really wanted a turbo,get a RB20DET halfcut,install it and go for inspection first.After you have completed with the jpj thingie and the car is legal to go on the road then only u slowly start modding the car...learn to deal with the stock RB20DET first.Hope u enjoy ur new ride after modding it...

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
haha vovlvo 240, i have a friend do that, rb20, single turbo, but the clutch thing change very frequenly. haha, the car at serdang

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hybrid vehicles in general were designed from the offset to conserve more fuel by means of an electric engine or such. Therefore, tuning a hybrid for more power totally contradicts the original purpose. Nonetheless, when the hybrid in question is a Porsche, or a Cayenne Hybrid to be specific, you really can’t be blamed for wanting a little more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience