E-Volvo-Lution S80 2.0T 2001 (Transplant Engine)

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
Hi to all Sifus out there,
I use to own a 4G63 wira evo for abt 3 years & finally sold it and bought a Volvo S80 2.0T 2001 model. The car is heavy, nice, big & most of all damn silent:proud:
The maintainence is abit on the high side:bawling: but i still miss the power of my previous 4G63 wira evo. Currently now, :idea:m having some idea of getting the whole engine change to a 6A12TT auto or 6A13TT auto as i cant stand the manual gearbox. I want to leave the new transplant engine stock standard & just play with the electronics only. My main gold is to have a cheaper & better response engine than volvo:biggrin:. Engine transplant maybe no problem for some workshop out there but the electronics, wiring & dashboard of the volvo S80 is abit difficult to play around. So m asking all sifus out there...do you know anyone whom has experience in playing around with the volvo S80 electronics to combine it with my new transplant engine ? I've asked many people including Federal Auto / Swedish Mar technician & vocm members...they told me that i'm crazy:stupid: to be doing this. Greatly appreciate your comments & advised at the soonest

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
just curious.. why not just do some mods and increase the boost? RS Impressive is famous for tuning Volvos.. and they have unichip as well...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it is not possible to mate the volvo electronics with anything else at least for now. I think you can lump in a s60R complete in there. Remember the reason why its so silent is because of the combination of things and the engine is the main reason. putting in a non volvo combo is going to be too expensive and mantainence in terms of bushings etc wearing out ultra fast is your other problem because you still have to buy volvo suspension parts.

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
just curious.. why not just do some mods and increase the boost? RS Impressive is famous for tuning Volvos.. and they have unichip as well...
Hi there ixeo,
Yes i know abt turbo lim of RS Impressive or vis auto works in JB...They uses dastek unichip on volvo. The problem is...the idle timing of the car is unstable. Trust me... many vocm members tried it. On the other hand someone also told me to try out using haltech stand alone ecu instead of the piggybag unichip...we also wouldn't know whether will it work out with the electronics on volvo as its difficult to play around with. The only thing that really works for volvo rite now is their BSR PPC software which is specially developed for continental cars like volvo. audi.....

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
it is not possible to mate the volvo electronics with anything else at least for now. I think you can lump in a s60R complete in there. Remember the reason why its so silent is because of the combination of things and the engine is the main reason. putting in a non volvo combo is going to be too expensive and mantainence in terms of bushings etc wearing out ultra fast is your other problem because you still have to buy volvo suspension parts.
Hi there phat7,
Thank you for your comments...the reason why i didn't want to change to a S60R or S60T5 or a S80T6...its because my trying to be a smart chinaman by using a cheaper & more responsive engine than volvo. Off course lah the other wear a tear parts like the volvo suspension are expensive. Recently i just rebulit my gearbox around RM5-7K. That's y i was thinking of using a cheaper & more responsive engine as the engine parts of the S80 2.0T dun come cheap. I think last time when i modded my 4G63 kaw kaw oso it was not that expensive like the volvo. Recently i just change a second hand drive shaft LH & RH oredi cost me RM2.4K....like they say big car means big maintanence. That's y my just trying to be a smart budget chinaman:proud: BTW dun ask me to go to next custom level to sent in my car to do it...hear many ZTH members complaint about their service.

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
6A12TT auto or 6A13TT?? mitsu engine in volvo??
Hey Maxx,
1) 6A12TT auto - maybe can go in but need a lot of modification on the engine mountings, exhaust...etc

2) 6A13TT - Solly...my BAD...its 6A13

3) Mitsu engine in volvo - it can be done...we just need to find some inspiration technician out there whom want to prove their skills. Hopefully if the price is rite. M still searching for them...especially the electronics category. If you know somebody that is good in this type of stuff...pls let me know or PM me at the soonest as m keen on this project:proud:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Hey Maxx,
1) 6A12TT auto - maybe can go in but need a lot of modification on the engine mountings, exhaust...etc

2) 6A13TT - Solly...my BAD...its 6A13

3) Mitsu engine in volvo - it can be done...we just need to find some inspiration technician out there whom want to prove their skills. Hopefully if the price is rite. M still searching for them...especially the electronics category. If you know somebody that is good in this type of stuff...pls let me know or PM me at the soonest as m keen on this project:proud:
but how about the power to weight ratio?
the engine can pull the volvo body?
its abit odd.. if other performance engine maybe logical.. say, 1@2JZ, RB..

but wait.. S80 fwd or rwd?

Last edited:

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
but how about the power to weight ratio?
the engine can pull the volvo body?
its abit odd.. if other performance engine maybe logical.. say, 1@2JZ, RB..

but wait.. S80 fwd or rwd?
Hi Maxx,
1) Wira weight is abt 1100kg whereas the weight of a S80 would be abt 2150kg
2) I hope it should be able to pull the volvo body as the volvo S80- has 180bhp...whereas i hope to gain 250bhp on the 6A12TT or 6A13 after playing with the electronics :adore:

3) M not going for Supra or Skyline engine as the maintainence & modification cost are damn expensive...especially on upgrading the turbo...etc. Remember my main gold is to be a smart chinaman by getting a cheaper & more responsive engine:proud:
4) My S80 is FWD:burnout:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi Maxx,
1) Wira weight is abt 1100kg whereas the weight of a S80 would be abt 2150kg
2) I hope it should be able to pull the volvo body as the volvo S80- has 180bhp...whereas i hope to gain 250bhp on the 6A12TT or 6A13 after playing with the electronics :adore:

3) M not going for Supra or Skyline engine as the maintainence & modification cost are damn expensive...especially on upgrading the turbo...etc. Remember my main gold is to be a smart chinaman by getting a cheaper & more responsive engine:proud:
4) My S80 is FWD:burnout:
but i doubt the 6A12TT/6A13 engine (from eterna rite) can do 250hp just on the electronic stuff.
even perdana user use EVO engine.. as the 6A engine not quite powerful.. it does have V6 and twin turbo but not powerful enough, let alone pulling S80 body..

i think supra or skyline u dont need modification as its powerful already.. but sadly its rwd.. not suits ur S80..

how about SR20DET (fwd) engine?

1 serious problem thou is intergrating ur S80 electronic to donor engines. conti n japs.
S80 sure got alot of electronic stuff.. it can render ur S80 electronic stuff malfunction/not working/disable..

btw, this is just my thinking only.. sharing some opinion/comments. :driver:

BV5015

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
JB
better you go and check the S80 engine hp and on wheel hp.
compare the weight lost after you change a mitsu

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
but i doubt the 6A12TT/6A13 engine (from eterna rite) can do 250hp just on the electronic stuff.
even perdana user use EVO engine.. as the 6A engine not quite powerful.. it does have V6 and twin turbo but not powerful enough, let alone pulling S80 body..

i think supra or skyline u dont need modification as its powerful already.. but sadly its rwd.. not suits ur S80..

how about SR20DET (fwd) engine?

1 serious problem thou is intergrating ur S80 electronic to donor engines. conti n japs.
S80 sure got alot of electronic stuff.. it can render ur S80 electronic stuff malfunction/not working/disable..

btw, this is just my thinking only.. sharing some opinion/comments. :driver:
Hey Maxx,
Thank you for your input & comments. Yes... a fren of mine also did mentioned to me about SR20DET- S15...my major problem now is the electronics....That's y i need a electronics sifu to help me to connect the transplant engine to the volvo dashboard. Pls PM me if you do come accross any sifu electronics.

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
better you go and check the S80 engine hp and on wheel hp.
compare the weight lost after you change a mitsu
Hi there BV5015,
Thank you for you advised. But before i transplant any engine...i first need to solve the electronics between the japs & conti engine as volvo has about 20 onboard sensors that connects to the dashboard. :listen:Let me know if you come across any sifu electronics. I've already tried to ask many volvo senior electronics technician...many of them are not capable of doing this type of modification.

dkvcopy

Known Member
Sep 21, 2007
sr20vet lo
from xtrail GT
Hey wasteg4te,
Yes my thinking abt that SR20DET-S15 too....the main issue now is the electronics as i need it to be compatible with the volvo onboard electronic computer. Keep me inform if you do come across any sifu skillful electronic technician