alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
because u using wrong choice of tire size and rim offset... =Þ

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
i used tyre 45 series, 205 n r16.
my lowered spring APM hard one n short stroke abs APM Rtech.
im not sure about my rims offset......

alvin24 said:
because u using wrong choice of tire size and rim offset... =Þ

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
205 on protons sure will kena... even stick GTi also will kena fender wan... if after u fold in the fenders till nothing left oso still kena... means the problem lies within ur rims loh... offset tak ngam... get those at east +40... anything lower and u'll definitely run the wheels on the fenders... best is get +45.

Btw.. is it the front or the back that kena? If its the back... then most likely its not hitting ur fenders... its hitting the screw that u use to bolt on the rear bumper.

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
Front one, currently no prob.....
just the rear wan...i also think the strach coz of screw on the bumper.....the left wan is ok...but the right one the problem now...should i remove the screw aa??

1 morething, when my car crusing, i heard my rear wheels sound "grupp..grupp..gruppp.." tension with my right rear wheel now...

just to know, i saw many lowered satria in town...is't ok for 4 people in car?

alvin24 said:
205 on protons sure will kena... even stick GTi also will kena fender wan... if after u fold in the fenders till nothing left oso still kena... means the problem lies within ur rims loh... offset tak ngam... get those at east +40... anything lower and u'll definitely run the wheels on the fenders... best is get +45.

Btw.. is it the front or the back that kena? If its the back... then most likely its not hitting ur fenders... its hitting the screw that u use to bolt on the rear bumper.

Last edited:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
"just to know, i saw many lowered satria in town...is't ok for 4 people in car?"

Just as everyone says, ure tyre size is incompatible and too wide, use 195 instead of 205 .. and most satria's and wira's using dat with passengers inside sure "gesek" the inner fender.

Mine using 195-50-15 and seems good enuf, but the front fender a bit "gesek" if hard bumps, thats all and its common.

Please have as an advise or u can continue using it but will reduce the thread of your tyre and the sound is annoying when drive with .. :)

Have a good day .. Cheers!

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
I'm having this problem when my car was like no-finger lowered... with 205/16/45 offset 40... then raise the height to 1 finger front 2 fing rear... no more fender grinding even on uneven road or pek korner...

adjusted the height after realizing few damages to the undercarriage when car lifted at exhaust shop....

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
waaa... bro kopi... front 1 finger only ah... like that also will not scrape the fender ah?! mah hams! ur springs must be hard as hell! Anyway, I'm using 205/45/16 on my satria too. 2-2.5 fingers all four. Weill still kena the fender if take corner too fast... as of 4 person... hmmmm... i can;t even remember when was the last time my car take in 4 person... heheh... :P

*how do i know my rim's offset?

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
My car
Front height : 1 1/2 Fingers
Rear : 2 Fingers
4 people no problem..sometime i bring 5 people also (including me la )..no gesek or what so ever..
3 times go to ketuk..and the last time they ketuk real hard..they even get in the wheels arch and then ketuk..the hard way..
using panther absorber with APM spring for front and honda absorber with original spring for rear..nice handling..

p/s : dont watch when your car is being ketuk..."sangat sedih sekali"

My car is just like this :

Last edited:

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
rear still using all ori one? no wonder... change the spring...

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
azir,
lu pakai spring apm kan, lu punya absorber apamacam??
ada tukar kaa takda tukar??
if u only change the springs & u r sung the short stroke,
sure will kena fender, maximum lowered somemore..... original absorber is not 'keras' enough to support u'r car weight maa......

hehehehehe...... suspension maaa......
:dancing2:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Or to any equally lightweight material...

Let's say hatch-back car, Satria for instance....

I know it's gonna cost a bomb... but how much eh?

Thanks in advance :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience