My EG Just Had An Accident...

ace79

1,000 RPM
Car : Yellow EG..
Time : around 12.00pm..

...Was going at around 80 - 100 kph on the stretch of road towards Jalan Bangsar etc from PWTC ( on your left ) I was about a kilometre or two from PWTC..the road where it has a slight corner to your right..suddenly my steering locked, I can't turn it to the left and bang! Front right fender kena the divider and I spun out...just dropped the gears and slammed on the brakes..spun towards the road barrier to my left and bang! Result : bonnet, front bumper, front fender gone, RHD front and rear arms sure gone ( 'cause both RHD wheels was dangling ) RHD door cannot open, RHD rear render ( on top of the RHD rear wheel ) kopak like Coke can, rear window smashed to bits, muffler..RHD front and rear lights gone, RHD front rims pecah...and I just took delivery of my car from the paintshop 3 days ago...luckily didn't fit my Work RS - Z's, Sparco Rev bucket and my 5 Zigen muffler, or not, lagi sedih liao...I'll be missing my car for quite a while..the car will be sent to a workshop ( where it got the robotic stuff to unfold your chassis one.. ) buy complete RHD body parts..new front and rear RHD arms..new bumper..bonnet, rear hatch, some interior parts etc...I am so sad, my first car, after some time saving my money..and now this..

Last edited:
How about yourself? I assume you are fine. Thanks god you walked away without scratch.

Next time have it tuned by Ah Seng. ;)

Neck and right abdomen is a bit painful, other than that, I'm fine. Still thinking on how it could happen, when I was not really gunning for it when it happenned, VTEC oso have yet to open..No lah, not only Ah Seng, Ah Meng Ah Leng all oso must tune my car next time!

lucky nothing happen to u...
me oso just had accident a month ago...
now every corner i'll drive not more than 70-80...

pity on u dude......passed through the place yesterday around 1am, thinking of wanna stop (and kepochi a bit) but my friend dont want.....

p/s: the road quite slippery during that time....

ace79 said:
Car : Yellow EG..
Time : around 12.00pm..

...Was going at around 80 - 100 kph on the stretch of road towards Jalan Bangsar etc from PWTC ( on your left ) I was about a kilometre or two from PWTC..the road where it has a slight corner to your right..suddenly my steering locked, I can't turn it to the left and bang! Front right fender kena the divider and I spun out...just dropped the gears and slammed on the brakes..spun towards the road barrier to my left and bang! Result : bonnet, front bumper, front fender gone, RHD front and rear arms sure gone ( 'cause both RHD wheels was dangling ) RHD door cannot open, RHD rear render ( on top of the RHD rear wheel ) kopak like Coke can, rear window smashed to bits, muffler..RHD front and rear lights gone, RHD front rims pecah...and I just took delivery of my car from the paintshop 3 days ago...luckily didn't fit my Work RS - Z's, Sparco Rev bucket and my 5 Zigen muffler, or not, lagi sedih liao...I'll be missing my car for quite a while..the car will be sent to a workshop ( where it got the robotic stuff to unfold your chassis one.. ) buy complete RHD body parts..new front and rear RHD arms..new bumper..bonnet, rear hatch, some interior parts etc...I am so sad, my first car, after some time saving my money..and now this..

bro
im sorry to hear that.hope everything goes well with you.

kena this kind of sticky situation before but not driving my car on that time, it was my gf car.suddenly enter the house porch and then cluck! the steering lock by itself.i was so blur that time.wtf happened? and then called my gf car mechanic and after check it something snapped inside the steering thus the steering locked by itself. it is a scary experience.

wtf edy....that really can happen one ah??!

jeez....really hope that doesnt happen to me...maybe i should ask my mech to remove the lock...hardly use it anyway

edit: btw ace, very very sorry to hear about your accident...three days out of piant shope summore... =(

believe it or not..i don't think it'll be quite a while bfr I think about my EG hatch again..I am so disappointed..after almost 2 years saving up my money..now it's all gone down the drain..so fuckin' fedup! And now I have to sell of my 250 stroker to finance a 150cc scoot for daily use, and then have to find, pay deposit and move house..and then my EG..now cannot tok kok no more liao..'cause no Honda..

yeah..most probably it's either the steering lock or my C.V joint..dunno yet..but I did had to unlock my steering after the accident..hhmmmm..

ace79 said:
believe it or not..i don't think it'll be quite a while bfr I think about my EG hatch again..I am so disappointed..after almost 2 years saving up my money..now it's all gone down the drain..so fuckin' fedup! And now I have to sell of my 250 stroker to finance a 150cc scoot for daily use, and then have to find, pay deposit and move house..and then my EG..now cannot tok kok no more liao..'cause no Honda..

no honda still can tok kok laaa.... ekekkekekek

yo Ace,

Damn man... just saw ur thread and ur misfortune man!! sorry to hear this man...

The steering locked huh?? a friend of mine had a similar incident. He drove a wira aeroback 1.5 auto.. at a set of traffic lights.. the greens was already flashing, so he kinda gunned it into a right turn.. all of a sudden steering locked.. crashed into the front of a wira and the behind of a van.. who was queing at the lights.. luckily nobody injured..

i just delivered sparco revs to this guy last week, now i hear this.. tak sempat pasang pun huh Ace?? the car just got out of the paint shop some more!! thats life man, shit happens!!

Nway... u don't have insurance or something?? if its major like u said.. go with the insurance laa.. no need sayang NCD... if you go for insurance, make frequent stops at the workshop to ensure its all ORIGINAL stuff!! coz it's well known that they put on 'cheapo stuff' and than claim the original prices from the insurance company...!!

most bengkel will do the same aa minivan? now my kancil at pahang for repair... dunno what happen to it... maybe they gonna replace damage part with cheapo one.. i ask them to replace with L2s b/parts but dunno wether they can kautim or not... sighhh....

hattech-v said:
most bengkel will do the same aa minivan? now my kancil at pahang for repair... dunno what happen to it... maybe they gonna replace damage part with cheapo one.. i ask them to replace with L2s b/parts but dunno wether they can kautim or not... sighhh....

would'nt say all bengkel like dat laa... but a friend of mine had a SGTI that met with an accident sometime back.. his father had a friend who knew cars well as he was working in the automotive industry.. as a favour he asked his friend to check up his son's car, which was already due for pick up the very next day... car was already 95% ready..... to his suprise, upon inspection he observed that the entire re-build from the accident was all using 'cheapo stuff'.. he requested to see the list of stuff that the bengkel changed. Somehow, the office clerk who was probaly new or something, accidentally gave him the statement they use to claim from the insurance co. Listed was all OEM original stuff...!! totalling RM12k plus i might add.. after that..... "get me ur boss.. NOW!!" :mad: he told him to change to everything original, eventhough the car was 95 % done.. or not he'd report to insurance co lor... :D

hattech-v said:
lucky nothing happen to u...
me oso just had accident a month ago...
now every corner i'll drive not more than 70-80...

yeah rite..

u r bull shitting us la mie...

u tarpau my car like crazy that day n summore say every corner i'll drive not more than 70-80...

nia seng...

ic...
so, anyone here very good in identifying original parts of kancil? follow me to pahang... incentive will be given...

Update

FInally settled police case with some cash..biasa la..now will be sending off my details and paperworks to claim insurance. Mechanic told me the car will be sent to Segambut, you guys know any proper bodyshops there who can unfold your car etc? Actually the car doesn't need unfolding, only body parts replacement on all RHD, front bonnet and bumper, rear hatch, hatch glass and bumper. Minimal chassis damage on top RHD rear area and mostly on RHD rear area ( near the rear RHD tyre ).

I think one of best body repair facility is MasterBody in USJ . I might be wrong.