Manchester united football club

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=368592&root=europe&cc=4716

7. Central midfielder. Marcos Senna (Villarreal) If Luis Aragonés mucked it up with Pernía and Navas, he got it right with Senna. Taking the nationalised Brazilian to the World Cup was a clever move, since the guy that everyone expected to go, Valencia's Baraja, had not had a great season. Senna, meanwhile, has grown into the role of hod-carrier for the sublime Riquelme, whom he replaces here in the first eleven. Watching Senna this season was to observe sacrifice at its very best. Every action was charged with intent, to win the ball from the opposition - which he would invariably do - and to then supply the floating Riquelme. It didn't always come off because the Argentine was often injured, sometimes moody - as befits all geniuses. But Senna is the closest Spain has to a Makelele, only a more ambitious one when it comes to attacking.

Sounds like a player whom United needs.

Oh, ok...

Wait...why were you even watching blue hot news in the first place?

SAF ah SAF, when u gonna buy a new playerrrrrrr......haizz......
we just see blue buy but the devil no movement yet......

Chelski has lots of money, that's the difference.

Anyway, I really like how Arsenal go about their business of buying players. Very little is heard about it and suddenly *poof* new player. With United, you can be sure it becomes a media parade.

si|verfish said:
Anyway, I really like how Arsenal go about their business of buying players. Very little is heard about it and suddenly *poof* new player. With United, you can be sure it becomes a media parade.

It seems that Arsenal have a knack for signing players based on CM statistics. I mean Pires was relatively unknown but was rated quite highly before he joined Arsenal, so was Helb.

Rosicky would have cost them a bomb a few seasons back. I guess prodigy players that went to Germany thinking they can play more and avoid being a squad players were wrong. Lately it seems like many big teams are raiding German teams for semi-famous players.

Many very good players who play in the Bundesliga are relatively unknown and therefore very good value. The complete opposite happens in the EPL, where even half decent players have huge pricetags hung on them just because of the hype.

I suspect the real cause for the high prices are the agents behind the scenes.

Yeah, but somebodies got to give them agents the ammunition, so to speak. Media hype helps.

silverfish,

after red hot news then blue hot news pulak,so no choice...:X-:

si|verfish said:
Many very good players who play in the Bundesliga are relatively unknown and therefore very good value. The complete opposite happens in the EPL, where even half decent players have huge pricetags hung on them just because of the hype.

thats why England is consistenly the most overrated team in the world cup.

KNNCCB!!!

Now Vidic is down with knee injury and we haven't heard the extent of it. Hopefully it is not too serious and he can return before the start of the season. Shame for the lad though, unable to play in a single World Cup game. Must be gutted to be so close yet so far.

And Sven that bastard better not rush Rooney back to action.

In other news, Bayern Munich is interested in acquiring the services of Ruud.

Also, United bidded for Spurs midfielder Carrick and was rejected.

Is it just me, or is United always going after players with the most inflated price tags?