Look at what happened with one of our Beloved National Car

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
I was watching tv this morning at home at aound 2:30am.
Suddenly my neighbour in his Kembara starting honking non stop.
I thought to myself...what the heck is the guy trying to do?
When I looked out of the window, I saw a neighbours Waja Up In
Flames and it was engulfing his house.

This is the morning pictures which I took of the car. According to the
owner, the car caught fire by itself. Could be some wiring problem or
something. So guys....what are your opinion?
Low workmanship or inferior National cars?

Oh yeah...the car is still in stock condtion. No modifications on it or
anything.

Mandrake

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
JB
www.benjaminwang.com
:O I thought only Gen2s have the wiring problem which causes fires. Shame on Proton, 20 years of building cars and they still can't get it right.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
still remember the lawyer die in his WAJA few years ago? same problem.

Last edited:

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
don;t be too bias...
the same thing happened to a Honda Crv in tasik permaisuri condo last week
it could happen to any if the wiring is faulty
the crv actually exploded...twice...and bomba had to come
my fren still have the video in his mobile

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Remember a Volvo that caught fire in the Federal Highway. So its actually a lot of factors that cause a car to catch fire.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
the volvo accident before it caught on fire right?sad...the driver cannot be save...bystanders tried to free him but fail

digitalcom

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
Universal
Mandrake said:
:O I thought only Gen2s have the wiring problem which causes fires. Shame on Proton, 20 years of building cars and they still can't get it right.
20 years they only 'copy & paste'

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Need to close this topic soon. I really hate it ends up as terrorists' favorite cars.
No dynamite needed. It just blows!!

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
any car have risk of fire hence the need of insurance coverage. the chances are still considered very low.

some people quoted Peugoet and Citroen cars easily catch fire, but i still doubt it.

in my experience working in insurance line for 5 years, i had come across other car makes also involved in fire. amongst them was Mazda Astina, Merc W140 S-class, proton wira, perodua kancil, honda civics, the list goes on including Ssangyong Rexton.
one wira found after theft case burnt.

last week i attended 1 case, a ford courier.

normally the cause is short circuit of the wire harness. at times, after interviewing the car owner, we found out they had gone to accesory shop earlier, maybe 3 or 4 days before their car caught fire.

sometimes of coz, the fire was fraud...:lol:

i agree this topic should be closed.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
actually we cant blame the manufacturers only, ...

we as the car owner must be aware also, when re-wire the car or adding additional accessories. example .. when adding amplifiers to our car .. must do proper fusage and wiring .. otherwise it could end-up like this also .. i had one of my friend using wira whom half burnt his car after 2 days he done sound system ... he just bought the car for a month ... adding and whichever fault raises with additional accessories added into our new car will void Proton warranty ... rite? ... we have to put ourself in other ppls shoe also ..

Thats y i started building my car after a year or two to avoid this matter and seek professionals to touch my car.. i dont want lowyah peoples and kids to wire or mod my car.. its too childish when i see some accessories shop hire people under 20's fixing players and wirings .. especially brother's and dragon sound.

TOMEI-R .... did u talked to ure neighbour and asked how did it happened? .. is the car wiring still in stock condition or he altered it? ;) .. he he im sure he has done some wiring modifications ... he he ... im suppose the car owner is a teen guy .. rite? ..

sad to him .. have him consult Proton guys or other paid professionals to have a look into his car .. its not hard to get someone experienced to have a look ... please guys .. please try putting some effort and extra money when doing cars.. we cant seek everything as FREE in this world. "U put money u get quality, U want FREE .. this is wat u get !" ;)

Cheers!

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
True..agree with Sakuraguy. Using cheap cable to mod also can cause short circuit as the voltage overload and cause heat, thus melt the rubber..

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
it seems that any car can catch on fire..
under different circumstances..

summary? = shit happens..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anybody know if this ownership change of Mobil/Esso in Malaysia to Petron will mean the end of Mobil lubricants? no more Mobil1, Mobil Super 3000....etc?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience