List Of Mods/ Upgrades for DC5

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi Guys,

I'm NFS ... a newbie to DC5 and even new VTEC user here ... Appreciate if you guys could show me the path for upgrading my humble ride.

This can also be as a reference to all new comers and to meddling the minds of those who want to upgrade their rides but don't know where to start.

Appreciate if can list it down per priority and bucks worth ... :adore: :slug: :adore:

Bump: now where is all the sifu when you need 'em .... :bawling:

Bump: now where is all the sifu when you need 'em .... :bawling:

Bump: i give it a shot based on my observation ... don't flame me guys ... still a noob

newbie mods (plug n play)

1. Air Filter (Open Pod or Drop In)
2. exhaust system
3. Pulleys
4. Suspension
5. Lower Arm ball joint
6. Struts bar

management: SAFC

Moderate newbie mods

1. Manifolds(exhaust/ intake)
2. Throttle Body
3. Mountings(either inserts, damper or custom mounts)
4. Aluminium Radiator
5. Tyres (Semi's/ Full)

manage: E/V Manage @ Hondata

Advance

1. Fuel Rail
2. Cams
3. Stroker Kit
4. Individual Throttle (Trumpet)

Pls ... add on as this is what i can think off at the moment ... maybe we can have a discussion on each of the mods/ upgrade for better understanding and brand comparison.

update from 122 ...

ENGINE POWER
recipe for 220whp
1)full exhaust system with aftermarket header-est RM7k
2)rbc intake manifold,hondata gasket,super 90 70mm TB with open pod filter/heat shield-est RM3k
3)hondata k-pro-est RM4.6k

recipe for 240whp
4)all of the above
5)race cams kit-est RM5k
6)toda stroker kit-est RM11k

recipe for 260whp
7)all of the above
8)Mad K24 setup-est ask DCloo :)(est~15k and above)

POWER HANDLING
1)nice set of proper offset japanese wheel 17x7.5/17x8 offet 38~50
2)high performance tire 215/45/17 or 225/45/17
3)reputable aftermarket adjustable suspension
4)thicker anti-roll bar (cusco/mugen)
5)full set of chasis bars (ultra racing/carbing)
6)roll centre adjuster(js racing/hardrace)
7)stainless steel brake lines(goodridge/pro-rs/app)
8)0~750'c brake pads(endless/project u/EBC)
9)rear camber kit(skunk2/hardrace/silvers)
10)slotted & cross drilled disc rotor(mugen/ebc/project u/endless)

FOR SAFETY IN TRACK
1)aluminium radiator
2)engine oil cooler
3)oil catch tank
4)oil press/oil temp/water temp meter

Last edited:

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Skunk2 K Series Composite Fuel Rail

Skunk2’s new cutting-edge composite fuel rails are made using our proprietary carbon impregnated aerospace thermo-polymer composite. This material insulates the fuel from both radiant and conductive heat transfer under the hood. Keeping the fuel cooler results in an increase in horsepower and torque. We have seen power gains of up to 3% in real world testing. Skunk2 composite fuel rails feature a large 0.625” internal bore with radius inlets to the injectors thus improving flow characteristics. This type of radius injector inlet design is not possible with extruded and drilled aluminum fuel rails (which have sharp angles internally where the main bore meets the injector bores). Skunk2 fuel rails can be used with factory fuel lines and fuel regulators.

• Up to 3% Gain Just by Keeping Fuel Cooler
• -8 AN End Threads with 0.625" Internal Bore
• Can Support Up to 1200HP
• Can Be Used with Stock Fuel System
• Chemical Resistant to All Fuels including Alcohol

Large 0.625" internal bores help dampen injector pulsations and can support up to 1200hp.
Radiused injector inlets for maximum fuel flow.
Smooth interior finish and radiused injector outlets are not possible with extruded and machined aluminum fuel rails.

Thanks bro Rev ... any feedback?

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
rev, polish the intake la wei . hahahaha.

this is what i dream off everyday...

USD1150 ex-work USA. shipping should be about USD200. tax 40%...tiuuu

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
You might want to open another thread for that discussion Slick ... :) I'm sure there's a lot to discuss.

I've add on suspension to the list ... Thanks for reminding me ... :wavey:

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
suspention for dc5 is damn susah..la...very susah to set it...like i just buy dc5..i head a big problem 4 after i lower my car...i make arriment 5 time a week..damn tired ...thank for cris pentagoon as me use the j's racing lower arm ball joint..than i settle the handling problem...
after i low down my car..the car become like snake..went the power kick in..the j's racing ball joint will settle the problem..trust me...the ball joint more high than the std ball joint..about 20mm. they realy work...now i can hander the car easyly.....thank cris...cheers

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
suspention for dc5 is damn susah..la...very susah to set it...like i just buy dc5..i head a big problem 4 after i lower my car...i make arriment 5 time a week..damn tired ...thank for cris pentagoon as me use the j's racing lower arm ball joint..than i settle the handling problem...
after i low down my car..the car become like snake..went the power kick in..the j's racing ball joint will settle the problem..trust me...the ball joint more high than the std ball joint..about 20mm. they realy work...now i can hander the car easyly.....thank cris...cheers
thanks for the heads up rev. i think jun/hasukyo need to consider this. his car is now like what, 225whp? but with all the multipoint undercarriage bars, fender bars, front n rear strut bars, pillar bar, the car is still 'snaking' after take off. almost bang me last time. :mad:

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Dear Mr P ... all those bars has nothing to do with going snaky ...

Just to eliminate body roll ... during :driver: ehehehehe

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
thanks for the heads up rev. i think jun/hasukyo need to consider this. his car is now like what, 225whp? but with all the multipoint undercarriage bars, fender bars, front n rear strut bars, pillar bar, the car is still 'snaking' after take off. almost bang me last time. :mad:
yaya..tell hasukyo change the arm ball joint from j's racing...i comform tht a same problem i kena...
what a bout your car..? do u low down...?

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
rev .. mind pm me how much the ball joint??

Bump: rev .. mind pm me how much the ball joint??

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
hi rev555, may i know the lower arm ball joint u said is it roll center adjustor? yea..my car is a snake itself i think, when pull hard wont listen, it will mengular...lol...did alignment same, and yes my car is lowered.u sure can solve the problem? how much it cost

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
and the poison starts by itself :)

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
ya...is roll center ajuster...do your car already have that....?