lighten adjustable cam or normal adjustable cam??

dimetri86

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
Need all sifu and mahaguru help here. Can i know which one better, a lighten adjustable cam(aluminium) or a normal adjustable cam(steel i think)?? And what the different of this two adjustable cam in term of performance??And last question is, i still can use adjustable cam rite although i still use normal duration cam??

Thanks for viewing n your comments..

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
wa ur title misleading ...put cam pully better...if ure using normal profile cam.. den de pully will only retard or advance ur timing only..correct me if im wrong.. n hardly noticeable feeling i think..if got big diff.. ppl wont change cam edi lo..or reprofile their cam.. hehe

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
u can move around ur power delivery.go for alloy 1 la.if i'm not mistaken,
the price is nearly the same but the alloy 1 look much more nicer.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
my experience using hks cam pulley... the teeth will wear off over time of usage.... stock one hardly worn.... conclusion..take the stock one modify to adjustable..

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
my experience using hks cam pulley... the teeth will wear off over time of usage.... stock one hardly worn.... conclusion..take the stock one modify to adjustable..
ur belt is to tight maybe cos 1 of my friend have been using it for quite some
time now w/out problem.

what about arospeed ones??... will the teeth wear off as well??... and how to mod stock ones to adjustables??...
u can buy a ready made 1 from some performance shop in kl.they already mod
the oris cam pulley.but if u insist on doing ur's,go to summit shopping centre.
behind there got a lot of shop lot like w/shop.go n ask them about a machinery
shop specializing in custom product.

dimetri86

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
ok.. that mean in term of realiability the steel one better then alloy one.hmm how bout in term of performance?? will a lighter alloy will perform better then a heavier steel??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Not our daily usual SUV but this beast is one of a kind in paint damages. We have with us a 1 week old Mazda CX-9. The owner had setup an appointment with us prior the collection of the car and had left it in shades till we arrived to get it coated. It is a very huge, with lots of big panels and a very tall car to begin with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience