Lexus IS250 advise

Oct 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Dear All Member :itsme::itsme::itsme:

I'm currently looking for Lexus IS250, need some advise from all member here. :)
I'm looking for sedan car, wonder if budget RM100K can get this car or not? and any friend have driving experience for IS250? Any recommend on this model? Also if can share about this car maintenance experience & Fuel Consumption?

I'm very thankful to everyone give advise and recommendation. :listen::listen::listen:

Thanks. :driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear All Member :itsme::itsme::itsme:

I'm currently looking for Lexus IS250, need some advise from all member here. :)
I'm looking for sedan car, wonder if budget RM100K can get this car or not? and any friend have driving experience for IS250? Any recommend on this model? Also if can share about this car maintenance experience & Fuel Consumption?

I'm very thankful to everyone give advise and recommendation. :listen::listen::listen:

Thanks. :driver:
Good car, decent power (at least can still easily outgun current Camry/Accord/Mazda 6/Teana but nothing spectacular anymore for today's standard), smooth and comfortable, good fuel consumption (should be able to get at least 10-11km/ltr provided you got a healthy one). Maintenance also should not be an issue coz the car is very reliable. 100k should be able to get 2006-2008 car.

However, I'd also suggest you to check out Toyota Mark X instead. Coz it's exactly the same car with a different body and just minus a bit of luxury of the IS250 (maybe extra sound proofing, Mark Levinson audio system, maybe some extra gadgets/electronics like paddle shifter for example). So if you really must have those luxury items then go ahead with the IS250, otherwise the Mark X is a better value for money and is actually a more spacious car for the rear passenger. The Mark X is also slightly lighter so performance is just a tad more responsive.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you.

in term of size, i think mark x will be better than IS250, right?
Yes, Mark X is slightly longer at the back hence the rear space is better. With budget of 100k you can get 2008-2009 GRX120 (first generation) or maybe even 2009 GRX130 (2nd gen).

Note that the GRX130 is slightly slower coz like the IS250 the engine is down tuned a bit (200HP/240nm in GRX130/IS250 vs 212HP/260nm from GRX120). And then if you want to go >180kph, as of now there's not yet a piggy back that can remove the 180kph speed cut safely for the GRX130. Only the GRX120 has the HKS VAC that can remove the speed cut safely. IS250 though if you buy recon UK unit, then no issue with speed cut.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I humbly disagree with the wise and venerable 6uest (hehehehe)

Personally I like the looks and feel of the IS250 more than the Mark X. Car preference is a personal choice. You may like Scooby but I like Evo, same performance car but different feel (for example). Personally I think you should just go try it out and see which one makes your mouth water.

Then go to IS250 specific forums and FB pages and ask around on what to look for when buying a IS and what the possible problems are with the car etc.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I humbly disagree with the wise and venerable 6uest (hehehehe)

Personally I like the looks and feel of the IS250 more than the Mark X. Car preference is a personal choice. You may like Scooby but I like Evo, same performance car but different feel (for example). Personally I think you should just go try it out and see which one makes your mouth water.

Then go to IS250 specific forums and FB pages and ask around on what to look for when buying a IS and what the possible problems are with the car etc.
Yes of course better try both but essentially it's the same car, a lot more so than Evo vs Scooby. (Btw I also like Evo much more too than Scooby! :biggrin: ). Looks and feel is kinda subjective so I cannot comment on that. GRX120 looks more uncle-ish car, feels more spartan/ordinary but those are no issue to me. For me I chose the GRX120 because it's cheaper and slightly more responsive which is more important than luxury in the IS250.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True mah! Different people different taste. TS asking for opinions but final choice is still his......:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The owner was so impressed with the results on the Golf that he opted for the Mercedes to be done as well. This is a 4 year old w212 that had went through much abuse, road side wash, petrol station polishes and the maximum of Malaysian environmental damages...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience