Kuala Lumpur's Mr. Big - Buying Maxis Communications ?

Agreed,

who knows maybe got more money hiding under their sleeve but i heard a rumour the RICHEST man in malaysia is Dr.M n they wont post in the net n of course maybe that money is under his sleeve.

i've read so many books on rich ppl, how to get rich, rich ppl's mind, real estate, this tycoon that tycoon, study religion......at the end of the day, i still go home a poor man :(

what can i say....some ppl are born with lucky angels protecting their ass, some are born without. hardwork ??? we all work hard AND smart too (maybe too smart for ourselves ??) but then......where's our $$$ ???

good for him that he's made his money,hopefully he's also helped contribute some of it back to society.

yeah tony, i guess u're right at the end of the day...but all thoses books u read was just their way of gettin even richer, haha

so u tried making millions, how come din work out?

which even Robert Kouk would place far far behind in the "actual" list

Robert Kwok......When i travel around in China, i always tell those ppl there ....see this hotel(shangri-la)??? it is own by the ppl in my hometown~~~~

you will see Shangri-la hotels in all major cities in china

Ananda and Syed Mokthar are Tun's men....... That's how they get major contracts and licenses..... Ananda start out in Oil industry, but i must say he's a truly smart guy..... He ventures in places where nobody dares like Astro and Measat..... Malaysia's telco market might have saturated, so he might list Maxis else where like LSE or even India....... Digi wants to privatise too but was oppossed by other share holders and most important Security Commission......

So was Robert kuok, he has good relationship with Tun Hussein Onn and when Tun pass away, he fly out and settle in HK.....

Heard before that some cronies tried to ask tun to take back his sugar mfg license.....and there is alot of disturbance from the cronies...thats part of the reason he decided to shift his business HQ out of msia.

cronies are the virus that ruining msia economy....

For mr.Ananda, i think he is a good opportunitst....grab the chance with some wisdom so make things happen...

but i dont like maxis...they charged my mobile bill in some tricky way

kk13,
what i can say is this, one might have all the skills, know-how, have a charming personality, head-strong and hardworking, heck may even have the $$$ for capital......BUT all these are jst NOT part of the receipe for success in money terms. One word.....LUCK.
Being at the right time at the right place with the right ppl. I WAS at the right time and the right place......unfortunately not the right ppl. was so close to making it, but alas came crashing down worse than ever.
hahahhaah.....i suppose this is a good lesson for me.

Maxis's story is really typical of all at the top-end of the pecking order. Always in their life story there is 1 incident, jst one particular moment, which turned their lifes over for the better. By being at the right place & the right time and meeting the right ppl.

Heard before that some cronies tried to ask tun to take back his sugar mfg license.....and there is alot of disturbance from the cronies...thats part of the reason he decided to shift his business HQ out of msia.

cronies are the virus that ruining msia economy....

For mr.Ananda, i think he is a good opportunitst....grab the chance with some wisdom so make things happen...

but i dont like maxis...they charged my mobile bill in some tricky way

I had a totally opp experience from urs with Maxis. When i had some problems with the billing of my company's phones awhile back, they were very helpful. Of course i also had my 'demanding' attitude with me & i never ever want to speak to the so called 'receptionist'. Always, let me talk to your big potato, small potato can't decide anything ! hahahahha, but it all ended very nicely with both parties shaking hands & mutually satisfied with the outcome. :_:
If you have a concern with their billing, do not hesitate to confront them with what's happening to ur hard-earned $$