Knowledge base for Electrical Auto-wiring

differ

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Petaling Jaya
danielczh.multiply.com
hey guys, i wanna start up a proper knowledge-base article with regards to the electrical auto-wiring.

at the moment i guess only for the local Protons (as i am driving one) but if anybody else has information on the other brands, you're welcome to contribute as well.

let's start with the typical stuff in our Proton's shall we?

1. Central Locking Unit + the door mechanisms
2. Power Windows - simple 2x windows
3. Power Windows - 4x windows + master (driver) controller
4. 3-Wire non-Flip Power Side-Mirrors
5. 5-Wire Flippable Power Side-Mirrors

once i can get the relevant info from the members, i will put together a wiring diagram, prolly JPEG and upload it here so that everybody can have a better understanding (or even troubleshoot) their own systems.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i think these wiring is a bit complicated..for me..but will try..

differ

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Petaling Jaya
danielczh.multiply.com
this is what i have figured out so far on the wiring for the 4-Power Window systems. (OEM Mitsubishi)

It should be correct, spent the whole weekend with a multimeter to figure this out. Even better if some other member can verify the connections and also check whether it's the same for OEM Proton.

I'm thinking about drawing out an even more detailed wiring (how the switches work and all within the controllers) but i wanna know how many ppl are actually interested in reading it before i do. No point lah if you guys just wanna know how to plug'n'play.

Next up: Central Locking (OEM Proton)

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
i interested in alarm and central locking!!
because my alarm kong already!

jigc

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
guys,

good starting point! :tee:

i searched too long, but proton completed wiring diagram cant be found on net :(

unless somebody can borrow it from his friend who work with potong authorised service center. i asked, they only sold to them (not for public).

i'm searching the most compitable wiring diagram from MMC car, they are similiar but not same.
this is troublesome!
like, mmc is using etacs for its security ecu.
how about potong? i even cant find the system name.

too sad!

anyway, for who is interested, u can find some mmc wiring diagram here

:biggrin:

jigc

differ

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Petaling Jaya
danielczh.multiply.com
badguy, when i figure out what the pin configurations are for OEM Proton Central-Locking System, i will post it here.

as for your alarm, i would really need a manual cos different alarms would have different pin-out configurations. if you scan the entire manual for me and zip it and post it, i will take a look at it.

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
i also don't have the diagram
but for information my OEM proton alarm system kong because the small light always light "on" however my small light are turn off!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all the sifu im kind of new in this mod thing n i nead a big help to improve my car.
i just do some mod 2 my B18c such as up grading the piston to wiseco 84mm,port n polish head with skunk 2 pro3 cam in it and stock gearbox with 4.4fd plus lighten fly wheel. but now im using mugen replica 4-1 extractor with 2.3" exhaust pipe is it ok coz i used 2 heard people sying my exhaust pipe is 2 big n my extractor flow is not god 4 tht kind of mod. so do i nead 2 custom my extractor n exhaust...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience