"jumping cars", is the modification parts avail in m'sia?

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
hi all
we always saw americans like to modify 'jumping cars'
where they have hydrawlics to control the heights of the car
and each wheel got different system so they can actually make the car jumping , or 'dancing'

is those parts available in malaysia?
its really cool
just to make our car touch the ground when we park
it is awesome.

johnvolk

Known Member
Sep 4, 2005
malaysia
i heard there is availabe here but i dont know where to get it.....u the lambo style swing upwards doors ....where can u get that here???

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
jumping cars (hydraulic kit) vr hard to find in malaysia lar.... thailand might sell them.... they arent popular in here....

those height adjustables u see in fast n furious, they use airbags to control the height of the car.... usually VIP cars (can refer to zth VIP style cars thread) use airbags for suspension as they can ride as low as possible.... by using these, u sacrifice handling performance....

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
oooh
so using air-bag type we will sacrifice handling performance?

and using hydraulic kit wont decrease the handling?

how many type of 'method' to make the car jumping..?
i not usre..
i usually watch those car in tv one.. U.S guy love to make the car jumping (ecspecially old muscle car), they even got such competition

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i think those hydraulic also sacrifice performance.... because to make the hydraulic works, u need lots of battery to power those pistons up and down.... it will take up quite a lot of room....

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
car-bounce-bounce-revolution XD *cabut*

anyway, any modification to the suspension other than the conventional performance oriented design will ruin the handling, anyone watch topgear will know XD

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
Basically there are 2 types of rigs, hydraulics and air.

Air bags give's better comfort couple with the ability to lift/drop your car.

Hydraulics rigs are stiffer, but they give a much quicker response. It is also the more traditional method.

The jumping thing is usually refer to as hopping.

DIY is not impossible, but will require a lot of trial and error since no one here knows what to use. But bear in mind that we can't really hop due to the construction of our car. Monocouqe chassis can't really take the force of hopping, when the car drops after you hop it. You can still use it for lift/drop and some basic moves that does not require hopping.

Older Asian cars might be able to hop. 'Modern' pickups might be able to as well.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
oooh...
so new car will get soft after hop...
thats why they only use old old car to do that in america?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
The kit itself costs RM 20k if ordered online (inclusive tax + shipping). Ain't worth it unless u are a rap artist or pimp.

dareMAX

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
RAMD
If you been to KLIMS 06 you can see it. They are here at our shore. But on KLIMS no show car.

But still old systems, using flickers. U.K. Got touch screen control oledi.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
most american cars that "hop' have ladder frame underneath. That is why most of these cars are from old skool. Modern cars can be made to hop but the monocoque body would suffer. I've seen in some tv programe that some cars snapped into half when the hopping too much.

Anyway, I think some of these cars are "all show-no-go", not too much of performance. Just my opinion

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
If it ever reaches here, this will create a new mod culture / people... Pimp-bengs!

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
oic... so means ladder chassis can take the force when the car jump up and down..

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Watched too much WWE - Eddie Guerrero's jumping / dancing muscle car?

FYI he's dead long time ago.

Harcore Gym + Wrestling + Drugs + Sex = Heart Failure

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To celebrate its 40th anniversary, Mazda has released limited units of the Mazda RX-8 Anniversary Edition for Japan.

Despite the same powertrain of the current Mazda RX8 Type S(6MT) and Type E(6AT), this limited edition comes in pearl white. Some additional items like the retro leather stitching on the steering, handbrakes, Bilstein dampers and a foam-filled front...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience