Is it Worth Getting the Nur?

i think that NUR dint tune proper, malaysia law when car import cant more than 180hp, all of them also tune up again after custom, go find a Motec M800, sure it drive you crazy.

i think that NUR dint tune proper, malaysia law when car import cant more than 180hp, .

Really? First time I have heard of that.

Such a pity, as I was expecting to walk away from the GT-R34 thinking, WOW WHAT A BEAST!!!

Z is a very good choice!!! No worry abt the power as compare to GTR... When u feel u wanna more power, stroker the Z and drop in a GT 3037 turbo for more than 450hp!!! This is get u 'near' to what GTR can get...

Enjoy ur new ride!!!

i think that NUR dint tune proper, malaysia law when car import cant more than 180hp, all of them also tune up again after custom, go find a Motec M800, sure it drive you crazy.

Eh?? So all cars imported into Malaysia must be less than 180bhp? :hmmmm:

Eh?? So all cars imported into Malaysia must be less than 180bhp? :hmmmm:

I have also never heard this. Maybe our friend is referring to the 180kmh limit lots of japanese cars have put on them, which can be overcome easily if you know how.

i also heard from my friend who sell car only, he said is to protect "Malaysia car" wor.........

Z is a very good choice!!! No worry abt the power as compare to GTR... When u feel u wanna more power, stroker the Z and drop in a GT 3037 turbo for more than 450hp!!! This is get u 'near' to what GTR can get...

Enjoy ur new ride!!!

NA car plant in a GT3037, dont know how long the engine block can tahan, plus the boost also cant over 0.5bar.......just feel it waste the money n turbo, personally feel nak turbo then get a turbo car, dont torture your engine block.

NA car plant in a GT3037, dont know how long the engine block can tahan, plus the boost also cant over 0.5bar.......just feel it waste the money n turbo, personally feel nak turbo then get a turbo car, dont torture your engine block.

Yeah if I wanna get a turbo car I would not turbo charge the Z, but just sell and get a turbo car.

Hopefully all goes well

If you can afford it why not go for the GTR? Im sure u will love it..... even though it's a stock standard GTR.

If you can afford it why not go for the GTR? Im sure u will love it..... even though it's a stock standard GTR.

I actually been thinking of this long and hard.

Even tho after calculations, I can afford the GTR, I have to be honest with myself and tell myself I wont have as much left over for mods or if something goes wrong with the car (touchwood)

Or maybe I just havent seen a GTR here which I like, and one that gives me that feeling of WOW when I accelerate. I think if I see a car like this, I may change my mind again lol.

I have changed my mind so many times over past few months. First wanted fairlady, then E46 M3, then, STi, then GTR, and now more towards fairlady again. Sometimes I hate it when I change my mind so often, but I think I just have to decide and go ahead :)

If you are looking for an all rounder, and not planning to go overboard with your modifications (eg. just Exhaust and Intake mods), I suggest you get an S204. Try one, you'll like it.

If you are looking for an all rounder, and not planning to go overboard with your modifications (eg. just Exhaust and Intake mods), I suggest you get an S204. Try one, you'll like it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually did try an S204 1-2 months ago, and I really liked the drive. In fact, I thought it was great.

However, call me fussy, coz coming from a BMW, I just didnt really like the interior of the S204.

Again, the S204 did feel much faster than the Nur I test drove. Before I make my final decsion, I am going to see if theres a GT-R34 V Spec here which I like that I can test, and then I will have to go ahead with my choice

Even tho after calculations, I can afford the GTR, I have to be honest with myself and tell myself I wont have as much left over for mods or if something goes wrong with the car (touchwood)

Or maybe I just havent seen a GTR here which I like, and one that gives me that feeling of WOW when I accelerate. I think if I see a car like this, I may change my mind again lol.

I have changed my mind so many times over past few months. First wanted fairlady, then E46 M3, then, STi, then GTR, and now more towards fairlady again. Sometimes I hate it when I change my mind so often, but I think I just have to decide and go ahead :)

Hi Jay..
I read ur post in bmwclubmalaysia as well.
I think ure in dilemma..same as me here. :hmmmm:
FYI, im from udmowners, drive 325i msport. I'm in a process to sell my car and upgrade to ??? my budget around RM250k.
My 1st choice absolutely m3, smg II. saw two units smg II around KL, price appx RM230k. but then attracted to evo X..I did my research and so on..my fren suggest to take evo 9 gsr..ermm..evo quite common in KL..but the thing I dont like the interior actually..I think interior on STi is much better..then looking for STi..Have to say I know nothing about STi..
Then looking for GT-R34, in motortrader found 2 units vspec price RM233k..
Then start my research again..youtube...jump from one forum to another, then I found u here..hehehe..
Then again, I dont like the interior on GT-R34..but the exterior is sick n nice..good point to consider..erm..
So after all, I realise that what I really want is a car as handsome as m3 but as powerful as GTR-34...and hell NO way I can find it..

Sometimes I hate it when I change my mind so often, but I think I just have to decide and go ahead :)

Hi Jay..
I read ur post in bmwclubmalaysia as well.
I think ure in dilemma..same as me here. :hmmmm:
FYI, im from udmowners, drive 325i msport. I'm in a process to sell my car and upgrade to ??? my budget around RM250k.
My 1st choice absolutely m3, smg II. saw two units smg II around KL, price appx RM230k. but then attracted to evo X..I did my research and so on..my fren suggest to take evo 9 gsr..ermm..evo quite common in KL..but the thing I dont like the interior actually..I think interior on STi is much better..then looking for STi..Have to say I know nothing about STi..
Then looking for GT-R34, in motortrader found 2 units vspec price RM233k..
Then start my research again..youtube...jump from one forum to another, then I found u here..hehehe..
Then again, I dont like the interior on GT-R34..but the exterior is sick n nice..good point to consider..erm..
So after all, I realise that what I really want is a car as handsome as m3 but as powerful as GTR-34...and hell NO way I can find it..

Sometimes I hate it when I change my mind so often, but I think I just have to decide and go ahead :)

STi would be a good choice for you,if you like subaru, but i recommend you take STi version 9 RA-R, i cant gurantee the top speed can go as M3, i can said it is easy to tune up greater torque than M3. you ask any STi driver, just change your Exhaust manifold, downpipe n exhaust system, the torque is totally crazy. but STi is more to torque and handling in corner, if you looking for horsepower car, GTR n M3 would be your better choice.

Note: taking STi RA-R, you better take care your front lips, because once you break it, you cant buy it again, even you take your car registartion card to subaru, they also said not selling, once you break it, you only can get imitation lips, unless got someone kind hearted to sell original lips to you.

Last edited:

JKay, i notice your location is in KK, KK as in Kota Kemuning or Kota Kinabalu or somewhere else?

My suggestion is if you are looking for a fast car and at the same time is an all rounder i suggest you try six-speeder Alteeza or the new Civic Type R.... both are also superb.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually did try an S204 1-2 months ago, and I really liked the drive. In fact, I thought it was great.

However, call me fussy, coz coming from a BMW, I just didnt really like the interior of the S204.

Again, the S204 did feel much faster than the Nur I test drove. Before I make my final decsion, I am going to see if theres a GT-R34 V Spec here which I like that I can test, and then I will have to go ahead with my choice

actually no need so headache, buy a V-SPEC, got extra 100K, take it to tune up, sure it will go faster than NUR n STi. haha............

M3: top speed good...i race an M3 before, the top speed is :adore: why dont try M3 with TOMEI RB28 or RB30, great engine in great chassic. just kidding

GTR: the common thing i think you sure can feel it, but you test drive take note at the 4WD system, totally diff from other, it is the god 4WD system. such a heavy car, when you high speed into corner, the system will turn great power into rear wheel, front wheel also will adjust the power left right wheel to stable your car, when out of corner that time, it is much like an FR, power in rear wheel to launch your car out of the corner first then only slowly balance back your car back into 4WD.

even you dont really familiar with the car, you can go as you like cause all the SYSTEM help you to drive already, that is why GTR such a gorzila size still can maintain great handling.

STi: boxter engine .........great handling ,small size, taliking about torque is damn good, i crazy with subaru last time, because you can assume me as an torque driver , i prefer play corner than drag. if you looking a car around 300++ HP is a good choice.

EVO: bigger size engine then STi, top speed better. more easy to take care and maintain than STi. many part let you modify, nice to play. cheaper to tune than STi, if you looking thing around 400HP better to take EVO, cheaper to tune.

fairlady: NA still NA ,dont compare lar, but i really hate it is 2 seated only.FR n 4WD also diff,so others thing you find out your own.

So easy huh? Dump in this and that, tune this and that and will be faster than this and that. Hello? What about drivability? Seriously, can you drive an 800hp everyday? Fuel consumption? Maintainance?

Unless you're planning to keep the car for good, it's easy to say, buy the cheaper older one and then use the extra money you saved from it and modify it. What if you want to sell it in future? Do you think the older car will fetch the same price as the newer one?

M3 with Tomei engine? :stupid: You should get your head checked after making such comments.

Your understanding of the ATTESA-E-TS Pro system in the GT-R is completely wrong. It is not a full time AWD system. It is designed to send power to the front wheels whenever the systems detects traction loss. When slip is detected in the rear wheels, it then sends torque to the front wheels (up to 50%). It is also capable of left-and-right torque split to the rear wheels (not front) using an active rear limited-slip differential.
What you have blatantly explained is the opposite. No offence but please get your facts right before making comments.

For your information, the STI and the EVO are closely matched. What are you talking about one is better with torque and one has a bigger engine? They're both 2 liter engines are they not? And if you say the EVO has a bigger engine, shouldn't it have more torque (the bigger displacement should give a car more torque)?

AWD is not any better than 2WD. It is a driving aid and simply makes it easier for a driver. If AWD was superior, then all racing cars will have AWD, think about it....

The debate between NA and Turbocharging is never ending. Saying that Turbocharging is superior to NA is another load of crap. Both have their pros and cons.

Just because a car doesn't feel fast or doesn't feel it has as much torque doesn't meant it is. Every car feels and drives differently. Unless you're specifically looking for a feeling a car gives you when you drive it, don't compare your ass to a full fledged dyno.

Cheers...

Last edited:
M3: top speed good...i race an M3 before, the top speed is :adore:

Err.... Really? i find M3's tastes only so-so... it has not reached the God-like status that u've so 'described' it... hmm.. wat car did u drive when u went against them??

Unless you're planning to keep the car for good, it's easy to say, buy the cheaper older one and then use the extra money you saved from it and modify it. What if you want to sell it in future? Do you think the older car will fetch the same price as the newer one?

Yep .. totally agreed. .. look at Team Advan's car... and mine.. we cant even trade in with a value for 1/2 the cars we had for breakfast, lunch and dinner ...

dont worry, i drive all these car before, i just say wat i feel in the past, no hard feeling. may be my explaination not that good. i just starting in GTR not long, so still not so pro. lucky got a pro here :adore:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom