is it safe? (open pod)

calmshot

Known Member
Mar 28, 2005
Equine Park
my hks open pod green type filter already rosak. since i dont have money now to buy a new filter, is it safe for me to replace it with sponge? just for a couple of days.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
yup completely ok but please secure sponge as to not get sucked into the engine. I'd replace it fast as if things go wrong you might end up with a big bill for repairs.

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
I used to have HKS power flow. So it happened that the sponge went reput liao so I changed temporarily to a normal sponge (very soft one), I think it is used for cuci pinggan one. That night I revved my car like crazy forgot about the sponge. Suddenly while happy revving, the car wont stop revving after I lifted the gas pedal. Then oni I remembered about the sponge. Quickly I put the gear to N and pulled over to the side of the road. PPl must have thought that I went crazy revving the car at 6k++ rpm while the car going oni at 10km/h and stopped eventually. Switched off the engine and took out the air-ram, and there ...... some sponge nicely squished at the bottom part of the butterfly opening at my throttle body. Lucky it didnt stuck inside the intake manifold. Took out the sponge and went home without sponge (now that's what I called OPEN pod) hehe.

The next day went to accesory shop and got myself an imitation power flow, took out the sponge and put it in my HKS. It worked fine all the way till I finally changed to an Apexi immitation air filter. No more headache about changing sponge liao.

Moral of the story: Use sponge accordingly! If it's meant for cuci pinggan then cuci pinggan it is for :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, im not sure if this topic is posted before just sharing my experience... :biggrin:

Time: + / - 2hrs
Outcome: Satisfaction!
Cost: Just your self and a friend :biggrin:

To Change Front Absorbers

Front Absorbers

1. Open the camber nut, if ur changing to adjustable absorber, buy the adjustable camber screw. Make a marking on the camber so that if u...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience