-= Info about Caldina GT-4 =-

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ZTH

Known Member
Mar 25, 2007
The new Caldina is derived from the Avensis platform, with the same 2700mm wheelbase. Basically, the engine and 4-wheel-drive system are carried over from the old car, which in turn took the mechanicals from the mighty Celica GT-4.

The engine is a 1998cc 16V Turbo, pumping out 260hp and 239lbft, unchanged from the old car. The 4WD system employs viscous coupling to distribute power between front and rear axle, in addition to a Torsen limited-slip differential between the rear wheels. Again, this is the same as the old Caldina and Celica GT-4. Transmission remains just a 4-speed automatic, although it gets manual shift pattern.

However, compare with the old car there are still a lot of new items. Most notably is the sharper and handsomer new look, the much higher quality interior and the introduction of double-wishbone rear suspensions from the current Celica.

Lesser models are powered by a 152hp 2-litre 16V engine (which has no relationship with the turbo engine) with direct injection, or a 132hp 1.8-litre 16V engine, both with VVT-i. The 1.8 unit is for FWD only.

Taken from : http://www.autozine.org/html/Toyota/Avensis.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My questions : ( especially to those that owns a Caldina Gt-4 )

Generally,

1.) Is there a shiftronic (transmission) system for Caldina ?
2.) What braking system does it use ?
3.) Spare parts / Performance parts availability in Malaysia ?
4.) Fuel consumption ? How large is the fuel tank ?
5.) 0-100 km/h reading ? stock reading.

:_: Thanks in ADVANCE :_:

Last edited:

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
zth,
so sad no one reply u here........
reason is a lot pro here not driving this car man.......lol........mahal la.......
here a lots of se ae ke.......
the best u can try is go to toyota wish website/club to get it......cause there is few owner in the club.......wish u have it

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
not much of feedback though..

just my personal feedback. correct me if i'm wrong.

1.) Is there a shiftronic (transmission) system for Caldina ? if not wrong, i saw numbers of caldina halfcut from JDM and most of them shiftronic. if you happened to found any manual. big bucks.
2.) What braking system does it use ?
3.) Spare parts / Performance parts availability in Malaysia ?
4.) Fuel consumption ? How large is the fuel tank ?
5.) 0-100 km/h reading ? stock reading.

Toyota Caldina 2.0i 16V 4WD TZ-G specifications

Toyota Cardina Main Page

some other info and specs

enjoy!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well i am a bitcoin user, i just wanted to ask in this community, anyone plans on doing so?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience