Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

I need suggestion a suitable wheels size for my Evo 8.. pls.. i'm newbie for evo..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

seigetsu

i need a feedback from u all.. i know all of u had a lot of experience with mitsubishi lancer especially like my car.. almost 2 years i didnt buy a rim.. still has confusing.. what size is suitable for my evo... 17" x 8.5.. 18" x 8.5.. or any suggestion..? what is best for this car.. it is good use 18" x 9 ? more wide.. i still dont understand.. help me..:confused:
i want buy ce28.. i really need to know the suitable size for my evo..

Attachments

• rs.jpg
    rs.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 474
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I need suggestion a suitable wheels size for my Evo 8.. pls.. i'm newbie for evo.

i need a feedback from u all.. i know all of u had a lot of experience with mitsubishi lancer especially like my car.. almost 2 years i didnt buy a rim.. still has confusing.. what size is suitable for my evo... 17" x 8.5.. 18" x 8.5.. or any suggestion..? what is best for this car.. it is good use 18" x 9 ? more wide.. i still dont understand.. help me..:confused:
i want buy ce28.. i really need to know the suitable size for my evo..

What do you intend to use your evo for? Just showing off or you really want it to perform well?

Re: I need suggestion a suitable wheels size for my Evo 8.. pls.. i'm newbie for evo.

Do a search on my posting. I did start a thread before.

LittleWhiteWagon - i think i want my evo perform well.. but i really like when my evo use 18".. i want to know the advantage and disadvantage for 17" and 18" n wht wide is good?? 8.5 or 9? or 9.5??

pablo - ok.. i will find the thread..

Interested in TE 37 with Skyline offset..?? 18 inch, 9.5J, +12... Original bronze colour...:driver:

Original rims 17x8.
If 17, I will go for 17x9. not much diff going 17x8.5
I will prefer 17 for track, tires also cheaper
for 18.
18x8.5 or 18x9 will sit nicely (for me).
Many ppl using 18x9.5. looks very aggressive but need to rolled rear guards.
18x9.5 will also show nice concave for many rims, etc Works Emotion CR kai. TE37 especially super lap.
but 9.5 purely for streets.
Just my opinion, at the end still depends on your preference. :driver:

Wedsports TC105n

ssr type c
TE 37
advan RG 2

all above can be 17 or 18 inch
preferably 8.5 JJ above and offset 22

Mistaken - i am using evo.. does that offset fit my car??

thx to u all bro... thx for all suggestion... i need to know 1 more thing.. how about.. if i want just play "syok sndri" for my car.. with standard body without widebody.. i just want my car look standard.. wht size look suitable? 17"x8.5? 17x9? 17x9.5? 18x8.5? 18x9? or 18x9.5?? which one is the best? i just want to drive it at the street without showing off or track use.. i need ur advice.. thx to all..

Here's a suggestion. Measure the outer circumference of your original car wheels (or calculate). Using that as anchor point, you can then start to look at possible upsizing of rims without increasing the size of the circumference by too much. (Ideally 10mm is the maximum unless brakes are upgraded)
As for how wide (eg: 9.5j, 8.5j...) that depends on how wide the rubbers you are getting. And how much offset you want and whether or not those offsets are available for your rims.
Finally, until you actually go out and buy one, you wouldn't know what's what. You probably wouldn't get it right the first time, so try experimenting with different sizes until you are happy with it.

Hate the trend of hellaflush with huge passion
Please don't do this to your EVO...What you are essentially doing is compromising function and that not a good thing to do in my book,especially to EVO which come with Brembo 4 Pot/2 Pot,3 Differential etc
@TS,what size of tyre you want to run?245?255?265?
Might have to roll your fender if you want to run some wide tyre/rim

thx nyantong and evofans.. evo fans.. wht is the best size of tyre is good?? i still didnt get it... why some people prefer to use 17.. and some people like 18... the wide also... i still didnt get it..:confused::confused::confused:

anyone know wht size for this ce28?? i really want my car look like this..

Attachments

• evo_damd_side01_l.jpg
    evo_damd_side01_l.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 927
Last edited:

Hate the trend of hellaflush with huge passion
Please don't do this to your EVO...What you are essentially doing is compromising function and that not a good thing to do in my book,especially to EVO which come with Brembo 4 Pot/2 Pot,3 Differential etc
@TS,what size of tyre you want to run?245?255?265?
Might have to roll your fender if you want to run some wide tyre/rim

IMHO, it is just a reference by not to follow everything on that feature (its how that evo8 can achieved). Well its up to the owner to decide having the widest or medium rims. Since seigetsu wanted a clean look, the picture possible on 18" by ranging from 8jj till 9jj all around.

Peace! :biggrin:

18x8.5 +30
DSC00813.jpg

18x9 +35
IMG_7922.jpg

18x9.5 +34
068_G.sized.jpg

All photos from Evolutionm.net.

ic... is it nice if i'm using 18" x 8.5? i want use 9jj.. but i afraid the rim lips will come out a little from fender.. i didnt want it look like that.. i dont like it.. thx hawires.. i think i prefer to use 18"x8.5jj with 30 offset.. is it cool?

thx 080808.. how about tyres?? does it fit for rim 18x8.5 offset 30 if 245/40/18? or any suggestion

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon - i think i want my evo perform well.. but i really like when my evo use 18".. i want to know the advantage and disadvantage for 17" and 18" n wht wide is good?? 8.5 or 9? or 9.5??

pablo - ok.. i will find the thread..

I dont know what the original size is for your evo, but I suggest keeping it 1 or 2" bigger MAX if you want performance.

The width... the wider the tire the more grip you have, but it becomes heavier & more rolling resistance, and buying wider tires = more money. I'd suggest go look around tire shops, see what sizes they have for 18" then choose your wheels based on the tire sizes available haha.

The less offset a wheel has it sticks out more from the fenders. How little you want is up to you :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

ic... is it nice if i'm using 18" x 8.5? i want use 9jj.. but i afraid the rim lips will come out a little from fender.. i didnt want it look like that.. i dont like it.. thx hawires.. i think i prefer to use 18"x8.5jj with 30 offset.. is it cool?

thx 080808.. how about tyres?? does it fit for rim 18x8.5 offset 30 if 245/40/18? or any suggestion

Even if its 9JJ but the offset is more it wont stick out dude... check the offsets of the wheels you wanna buy :driver:

if i were you, i will go for 17x8.5 or 17x9 offset 30. The rim/tires setup will look meaty..thats nice!
I wish I can fit 17" on mine..

the tires more readily available,choices lot bigger - for in stock, no need to order..and lots cheaper as well.

either way, its ur choice..look at other evo forums and see which offset works the best.offset is everything..hahaha.

IMHO, it is just a reference by not to follow everything on that feature (its how that evo8 can achieved). Well its up to the owner to decide having the widest or medium rims. Since seigetsu wanted a clean look, the picture possible on 18" by ranging from 8jj till 9jj all around.

Peace! :biggrin:

The one you show is 10.5" lar wei
Look at the stretched tyre fitment..that unacceptable to me

A Post Every 5 Mins

:regular_smile: hai geng..
i got quest to ask for ur guys..when i park my car turun bukit..tiba2 i c
a petrol comming out under my car..like air kencing..hehehehe..but when i
park staright petrol is ok..no oil comes out..is it my tank "bocor"?or
others..?any expert..pleasee?1 mores the tank was full..

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom