how high can boost? V6TT

stanleyhew

Dec 7, 2004
IPOH
6A12 V6 Twin Turbos original without major modi, just the HKS filter and 2.5 inch piping with HKS silencer. thinking to install a boost controler, wanted to know wat is the max boost can go with this original spec.
and wat modi should i do to improve respon and performance??
all the sifu pls give some advise!! and share with me.
thank you in advance.

2.5 piping for twinturbo? i think turbo car wit big cc must be 3" at least from downpipe to rear muffler.....for better exhaust system performance....air filter ok la......max boost i think not above 1.0bar coz ur ecu will boost-cut....correct me if im wrong

so u juz get a manual boost controller ....or electronic one u u r rich....original boost is 0.7bar izzit? so can boost to 1.0 for max after change extractor,up pipe, downpipe n exhaust piping....better response...this is normal mods.simple n easy...i think its ok oledi for street...n improve car handling by throw in sports suspension....rim n tyres....tat all

monsterv6

May 3, 2005
S.J
is it 6a12tt the boost reading is not the same..example.1st gear different boost and high gear diffrent boost..??why..?

raw_board

Feb 27, 2005
huakenny said:
2.5 piping for twinturbo? i think turbo car wit big cc must be 3" at least from downpipe to rear muffler.....for better exhaust system performance....air filter ok la......max boost i think not above 1.0bar coz ur ecu will boost-cut....correct me if im wrong

so u juz get a manual boost controller ....or electronic one u u r rich....original boost is 0.7bar izzit? so can boost to 1.0 for max after change extractor,up pipe, downpipe n exhaust piping....better response...this is normal mods.simple n easy...i think its ok oledi for street...n improve car handling by throw in sports suspension....rim n tyres....tat all
sorry i want to ask something coz i'm newbie in turbo engine...extractor n downpipe is not a same thing ke?

2slow2steady

May 22, 2005
p.j
^^

im currently running 1.2 bar on stock filter.
2.5 inch pipinh from front to end=stock setup.
fuel regulator.

stanleyhew

Dec 7, 2004
IPOH
thank you for infor (2slow2steady), how long do u running on 1.2 bar no problem at all? do u think is a bit high? i was using 2.5inch piping but i just change it to 3 inch yesterday from front to back stainless steal (without middle box). nothing diffrent in normal speed but i'm not sure during high end. thinking to get a boost controller but afraid of ichi hand will over boosting. my next mod will be the HKS SSQV next week. would this mod will enchance my performance??? but i like the bisskk sound !!!

jinkl

May 22, 2004
err i tink u not getting the kick is becos , hear ur engine properly , u using standard bov ? it will be already shhhhhhhhh the air out :)

2slow2steady

May 22, 2005
p.j
stanleyhew said:
thank you for infor (2slow2steady), how long do u running on 1.2 bar no problem at all? do u think is a bit high? i was using 2.5inch piping but i just change it to 3 inch yesterday from front to back stainless steal (without middle box). nothing diffrent in normal speed but i'm not sure during high end. thinking to get a boost controller but afraid of ichi hand will over boosting. my next mod will be the HKS SSQV next week. would this mod will enchance my performance??? but i like the bisskk sound !!!

3inch piping less top end(correct me if im wrong).after planting blow off valve doesnt make any diff on ur car performance and it will give a little trouble on the idling.RPM might drop very low even engine stall if u use the wrong b\off valve.the original b\off is good enough but the sound a little too soft..ehhee.actually the car is powerful enuf at 0.8 bar,1st gear major wheel spin when turbo kick in and can reach 240 easily(tested).i run 1.2 for bout a month then decrease it to 0.8 coz no point for boosting so high.6 pistons on high way is always more advantage so 0.8 also can la.

if i want to do mod my proton to some NA cars...what am i suppose to do???

....how much do i need

how much faster my car will be??

need info from all sifu here