hopefully someone can help.....

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
why not buy new car instead?? do u think its worth it when u spend so much?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Sleeved block, sky's the limit for boost. Dunno if they got sleeved block for the engine you want to put in, but if you can touch 200hp, actually most cars cannot chase you already, 400bhp+ per tonne if car is only 500kg. Lightweigt is good, but below certain weight have to start cutting parts of car, but unlike bigger cars, kancil already went through lightweight diet. I think with a lot of diet, still around 5xx kg+ for it with rollcage. I don't know if jpj still approves rollcage for street cars, i'm not sure you can make the body last without them.

One thing to note though.

Fast car not same with powerful car. Reason being traction. Practical limit for power mods is the tires. Sure can see honda's making more than 250hp, but not practical for use on road because the largest tire that can fit still won't give enough traction. Unless of course you're building a drag machine, where you can run zero/negative offset.

But the idea is interesting. I know people pushing 2bars+ on the kancil block, but the small cc prevents from good amount of power with reasonable spool. So either way you go, it'll still have to be more than 1 litre engine.

As for jpj, go to technical department and ask about legality of mods before you do it. Depending on person and location, i've heard many stories, some actually suggest what you need to pass inspection, some just simply will say everything illegal, and some can 'kawtim' if you give them a bit of 'motivation'. But overall, some mods that we think cannot approve is approvable.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Sleeved block, sky's the limit for boost. Dunno if they got sleeved block for the engine you want to put in, but if you can touch 200hp, actually most cars cannot chase you already, 400bhp+ per tonne if car is only 500kg. Lightweigt is good, but below certain weight have to start cutting parts of car, but unlike bigger cars, kancil already went through lightweight diet. I think with a lot of diet, still around 5xx kg+ for it with rollcage. I don't know if jpj still approves rollcage for street cars, i'm not sure you can make the body last without them.

One thing to note though.

Fast car not same with powerful car. Reason being traction. Practical limit for power mods is the tires. Sure can see honda's making more than 250hp, but not practical for use on road because the largest tire that can fit still won't give enough traction. Unless of course you're building a drag machine, where you can run zero/negative offset.

But the idea is interesting. I know people pushing 2bars+ on the kancil block, but the small cc prevents from good amount of power with reasonable spool. So either way you go, it'll still have to be more than 1 litre engine.

As for jpj, go to technical department and ask about legality of mods before you do it. Depending on person and location, i've heard many stories, some actually suggest what you need to pass inspection, some just simply will say everything illegal, and some can 'kawtim' if you give them a bit of 'motivation'. But overall, some mods that we think cannot approve is approvable.

Good luck!

I quote the guy who put a jet engine on bike.

"Why??! Because we can!"

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
Ok, I wanna modify my kancil.

Money is not a problem. I work in sg.

I want the most powerful engine. ever. period. I will also go for best suspension and ventilated brakes (guess i am not gonna use ceramic brakes?)

It's just that i don't the best chop shop in JB......

if i can put that 1500cc 3SZ-FE / VE plus a bolt-on turbo into that KANCIL of mine . I swear to god I will.

About gear box, if can i want TIP TRONIC (I heard K3-VET has CVT gear boxes) worst comes to worst i will use manual, just need some practice thats all. I know maybe 5 gears, but if let say 6 gears or even 7 gears..... then i want it...... more gears = better fuel economy while retaining higher top speed.

I dun like those cosmetic stuff. I only believe in performance and power. I hate putting those stupid stickers especially those carbon stickers. Offence intended, I think it's waste of money, why not save money onto something practical like REAL carbon fiber engine cover, fender, bumper and even doors? a clean- painted car with wet-look waxed treatment is the best looking car already. outside must be as innocent looking as possible. but inside it must be fierce and carnivorous......

also I dun like modifying for those sound systems.... add weight only, I still need it to carry things de....... at max change the player can liaoz.... kenwood, blaupunkt good enuff. Sony they say laoya.

yes, 628kg of kancil kerb weight is not light enough for me. I want it as light as possible.

I want to turn my kancil into something that is feared by many. On the outside, it looks harmless, but if you piss me off by tail gate me, you will smell my exhaust....

No, i dun want NOS. not practical and dangerous.

My target engine is K3-VET and see if can put in 1500cc 3SZ-FE or not....... dun mind rewire the battery onto the back.

Of course, those lost weights will result my kancil diffcult to handle during cornerings.... wings, side skirts and spoilers please.

exhaust..... ngam ngam can already. i dun like fart cannons. I know you have to calculate it according to your engine displacement.

extractor.... 4-2-1 custom made, plus heat treated and anodized coatings.

ECU also have to remapped. not to mention intercoolers. best intercoolers. everything must be the best..... best kancil ever, that's my goal..... i wanna turn it into a monster that when it is provoked....

last but not least is the car body structure strengthening......

So brothers. Please help me fulfill my dreams..... please help me turn my kancil into a fearsome monster that seeks to devour those who dare provoke it..... and me.

huiyooooo.. very ganas aaa you bro!! but i like your vision
"please help me turn my kancil into a fearsome monster that seeks to devour those who dare provoke i"

hahahahaha...but, 1st.. u want your kancil for what purpose? drag? or OTR jalan2 cari makan?
and u want N/A or TUrbo??

u said u wanna bolt on turbo in the 1st place.. but then u wanna use 4 2 1 extractor... how come mehh??

kancil + k3 VET = illegal... 850 jump to 1.3 kenot maaa.... if kelisa 1.0 baru laa legal... 1.0 to 1.3 = legal...

if u want to drag kaw kaw *u have a lot of money.. i suggest u go find hayabusa 1.3 engine... enuff said...:listen: ...

more better than K3-VET... even with K3-VET, u wont be able to be the best kancil ever.. seriously speaking...

u want my step by step 'change my kancil to drag mode'?? i can post it for u...

Last edited:

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
broo there no tiptronik GB for K3-VET

Body type MV&1Box
Drive FULL 4WD
Transmission Steering shift attaching 4 speed automatic Displacement, cc 1297

Displacement, cc 1297
Engine model K3-VET
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 140 ps (102.97 kw) / 6400 rpm
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 18.0 kg*m (176.52 N*m) / 3200 rpm
Power density 7.14
Engine type Water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve IC turbo
Engine information Horizontal ranging DVVT
Fuel system EFI (electronic fuel injection)
Turbocharger Turbo with intercooler
Fuel type Unleaded regular gasoline
LEV system (Low emission vehicle) Yes
Compression ratio 8.5
Bore, mm 72
Stroke, mm 79.7
Final gear ratio
Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 6.9

Teddy_X

Aug 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
OK, after consulting my mechanic, he dispelled many of my illogical dreams.

Nope it's not for racing, I don't race. I just like to drive fast and tapao those idiots who like to bully small cars by tailgate them on high ways.

He recommended me a L5 JB-DET (16valve, timing chain) and together with all the installation and inspection and tuning alone will cost me RM8000 to 9000.... if need to add in turbo timer, ecu reflash and bigger intercooler that will break RM10000 barrier. Money is no a problem, but because it is going to be an everyday car, too much power would render it impractical.

So the other small small things like suspension and carbon fiber body kit will have to wait...

anyway i don;t understand why turbochargers and extractors don't mix? They are different things right? Turbos is before the piston and extractors are after the pistons so they should have work better hand in hand yeah? any bros out there care to answer?

And sorry again guys, My dad despite for his old age also wanna try turbo (big old kid) but he dun like manual, and that new engine happened to be auto tranny!

BetaProject

Apr 2, 2007
My advise to you is to do more research regarding cars especially on the engine part, if somehow you can put your logic on "turbocharged car with 421 extractor" and challenge every car maker engineer in the world that it works and they agree on it, then go ahead spend your "hard earn" money on heavy modding your kancil... if not, spare yourself the shame of running into a lamp post or worst, loosing your life... spending RM35K on top of your kancil which is RM30K just to smoke a MYVI? RM70K u could get a light-mid modded decent DC2 plus u can get chics easier than a heavily modded kancil... dont get me wrong cuz i drive a kancil turbo too, but thinking i can smoke a DC2 or my friend EVO with my kancil? not in a million years kid... even my friend's K3VET on kenari body still lose to a heavily modded B16A... use your money to buy air tickets for ur folks to go enjoy vacation, donate your money to charity, treat your girl friend to a fancy restaurant,... RM35K engine mod on a kancil for daily driving? :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey motor peps,

I just acquired a Ford Telstar 2.0 Ghia last month, it's a 99/00 model.. almost 6 years old, DOHC engine and 15" sport rims, with about 110K on the dials.

It's a pretty ok car, but i am looking to make it better. I have already changed the absorbers to a semi sports Mazda 626, Kayaba Japan - gas absorbers. Improved the handling dramatically, altho i can feel the tarmac now. Shodded it with 195/60 Falken Ziex tires, pretty good grip.

Now I am looking into:
1) a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience