Honda CR-Z Gets CVT and 7-Speed Paddle Shifters!

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Ever since the November 2011 launch of the Honda CR-Z hybrid in Malaysia, it has garnered a tremendous amount of popularity, and demand for it is ever growing; prompting Honda Malaysia to react by adding a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and a 7-speed gearbox with paddle-shifts to the CR-Z’s current line-up in order to further extend the appeal of the CR-Z to a wider audience – even to ladies.

<!--more-->Honda Malaysia assures that the CR-Z’s CVT will be able to provide a smoother yet quieter drive from it’s responsive 1.5L i-VTEC engine that’s coupled to the Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) Hybrid System that gives a combined power of 122bhp at 6,000rpm. While horsepower remains the same, torque figures have been reduced to by 7Nm to 167Nm as compared to the 6-speed manual’s 174Nm of torque.

Although the CVT gets a bump down in torque, it’s torque figure still a class leader within the 1.5L class and adding a paddle shifter will certainly add a larger pair of naughty horns to those who already love the CR-Z’s performance.

There’s still a trio of switchable driving modes in the CVT-equipped CR-Z: Eco, normal and the wonderful Sport, which undoubtedly provides much versatility to this hot-hatch, though many of us would admit that if given the chance, it’d be permanently on Sport. However, with growing issues of global warming becoming ever increasingly present these days, being as environmentally friendly as possible certainly does help to slow the rate of our polar ice-caps melting.

Hence forth, Honda Malaysia expects to sell roughly 1,800 units of the CVT-equipped CR-Z by the end of 2012, and they look quite confident in doing so since they’ve received more than 1,500 bookings for the 6-speed manual and current CVT CR-Z.

According to Honda Malaysia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Yoichiro Ueno, the CR-Z with CVT will come with a 5-year or 140,000km warranty (whichever comes first) for the IMA battery and new owners will be able to allowed to choose one of four colours for which to drape their exciting hot-hatch hybrid in:
- Premium White Pearl
- Storm Silver Metallic
- Milano Red
- Crystal Black Pearl.

For the sake of possessing the Honda CR-Z with CVT and a 7-speed paddle shift, new buyers will need to shell out an additional RM4,000 more for a final On-The-Road (OTR) price of RM119,000.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/2IZe2yTwQoY?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/sldo3mE1Sf8?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>

Attachments

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
a reason to poison my wife on getting one...since she drives AT only. hihihihihi

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Get 2, u get Manual, she get Auto xD, Couple Car

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
CRZ sales sure increased!! town user sure buy AT tranny lorr...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

INSIDE MY CAR HAVE
1)IMMOBILISER
2)STOPLOCK
3)ANTIHIJACK
4)VIPER ALARM 2 WAY VIBRATION AND SOUND
5)BONNET LOCK (SPECIAL KEY)
6)INFRARED DETECTOR (HEATDETECTOR)
7)WINDSCREEN SENSOR (ALL GLASS)
8)SPECIAL TINTED(TAKE TIME TO BREAK THE GLASS)
9)NS70 35 R BATTERY.REALLY BIG
10)CCTV IN MY GARAGE
11)GSM DETECTED
BATTERY IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE ALL THAT IS RIGHT.
NORMAL BATTERY ONLY CAN STAY 1 DAY
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience