HKS flips off tree huggers, boosts the Honda CR-Z

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Quite a plethora of tuners have been getting their hands dirty on the Honda CR-Z, trying to help it induce more adrenaline in its drivers than a sneeze would. The problem is they’re trying to do it without messing about too much with the hybrid powertrain and losing the ‘green’ aspect of it.

This is precisely why we love tuners like HKS, the Jap firm has given the two-fingered salute to the green community and dropped in a supercharger in the engine bay of the CR-Z. It forced induction will be accompanied by the usual suspension, brakes and aero upgrades.

It’s still in the testing stage however so no power figures have been offered but the nice folks over at HKS have released a teaser video of the boosted CR-Z on the rollers.

Before you wet your pants on the soundtrack, do take note that the video has been quickened, hence the Formula One like soundtrack. A disclaimer at the bottom of the Youtube page confirms the car won’t sound like an old BAR-Honda F1 racer.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQydT529Nfc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQydT529Nfc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Source: CarScoop

Attachments

quiksilve

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
My god that sounds awesome, oh is it because the video was fast forwarded hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i notice that at the oil stick of the engine, there is oil sludge which looks like rusty, abit sandy thing.. I suspect my engine has oil sludge. It has 90,000 km mileage, regular servicing, no white smoke. How to remove it ? i suspect it has cause my fuel cosumption to go high ... help ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience