Honda Civic Mugen RR

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005

I admit it: I'm not a big fan of Honda Civics or Integras but the latest offer from Mugen might make me change my mind.

Based on the Civic Type-R launched several months ago in Japan, the guys at Mugen gave it a extreme makeover, making it possibly the best FF performance car ever to come out of Japan.

The RR will be 10kg lighter and has an additional 15HP compared to the Type-R. Altogether, it will have 240 horses at 8000rpm and 160 lb-ft of torque at 7000rpm. All those impressive figures come late so better be rev-happy if you want to drive this car.

To complement the added power, all brakes are upgraded and the suspension is also retuned. The RR also boasts new rims and tyres to go with its sizzling Milan Red finish. Mugen adds the final touch on the RR with Recaro sport buckets.

To make the RR more appealing, Mugen is only churning out 300 of these beauties and it's priced at 38,750. USD.

But it's not all show and no go; the Civic Mugen RR laps Tsukuba in 1:06:68. Comparatively, a Mitsubishi Evo VII RS did it in 1:04.93 and the Evo VII GSR in 1:05.93. Not too far off the pace.

Source: Autoblog

vinceymk

Known Member
Mar 17, 2006
This is cool.......

so im thinking when gonna Spoon and TopFuel will gonna make 1 like this hehehe....

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
i've heard that Honda plans to continue the Integra line as well, due to sagging sales in the USDM after the RSX has been discontinued.

Neyo

Known Member
Jun 29, 2007
i want one of these..it looks a lot better than de mugen spec dat we hv here in m'sia..at least dis one has de go 2 match de show..

Tamahagane

Mar 22, 2007
so sad AP is discontinued
this is the part where AP is needed
Hahah!!... Good news for ya!... Honda recond AP is on since last week.

There's only one lil' problem.... it has to be 2 yrs old bfore u can bring it in.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
when was the reissuance of Honda recond AP announced?

what's the source?

cchcchcch

Known Member
May 8, 2007
omg~!! nice car~!!!
love it~!!
anyone noe how many HP and how many gear speed?
any the engine type izzt same with curently civic?

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
240ps 6mt
k20a type r further enhanced my m-tec to deliver additional 15ps
10 kg lighter than standard type r lol
damn now tonight cannot sleep

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Sorry to rain on your parade fellas, but even the stock JDM Civic Type R has been reported to be too harsh, too bone breaking to be a daily ride. It is mostly a track animal. So, it is quite likely that this Mugen Type RR is going to be TWICE as bone breaking. It is a track car in all but name fellas. Unless of course, that's the kind of thing that floats your boat.

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
hmm anybody knows the spring rates for this monster? dc2r and ek9 are probably 4kg/mm-ish front and back. If this RR is truly track based, that means probably on the high 10K and above:omg_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At about 4.00am this morning, I was awakened by my alarm sounding. Icon on my radiostar showed a break-in. I peeked outside and there it was, a GTi right beside my car, outside my parents house in Kelana Jaya. He looked at me before speeding off. I went outside to investigate. He left a still burning cigarette on the ground.

I could not disable the blaring alarm. Captor called several times and I returned call to report the attempt.

The passenger side door assembly was broken and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience