honda civic EJ

haki

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kelantan
hi all...i already bought honda civic EJ year 96 and it come with ABS..just want to know it is EJ come with ABS or previous owner upgraded it and how to check its work or not coz ABS light didnt come out during engine check? tomorrw will service my car, what lubricant suitable for my old vtec engine..pls sifu need ur help

haki

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kelantan
its vtec engine.honda civic EJ6.today..another problem occur.my car hard to start, battery checked no problem at all. if starter are spoiled how much to replace it? and can recommend me a good and cheap exhaust shop around area shah alam...thanks,,

skye_n1

Mar 21, 2009
The ABS check light should lights up for 2sec after u turn on your ignition. If it didn't light up, maybe is the bulb is blown. There are possibilities some of the mechanic out there disconnect the connector for ABS hydraulic unit and the ABS check bulb because it will cost u a bomb to replace a faulty ABS pump.
Anyhow u can test the ABS function by driving above 80km/h and emergency brake. If your brake pedal vibrate/rattle then the ABS is still functioning.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

its vtec engine.honda civic EJ6.today..another problem occur.my car hard to start, battery checked no problem at all. if starter are spoiled how much to replace it? and can recommend me a good and cheap exhaust shop around area shah alam...thanks,,
It has been known issue that standard EJ6 SO4 have starter problem. Try check if your car is still using the standard starter. If yes then u r advised to change the starter.
If it has been replaced before then ask your mechanic to install additional relay to the starter.

p.s:- new mitsuba high speed starter will cost u about RM170

siauann

Known Member
Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
what does it means by install additional relay to starter? what does it do to the starter? can someone explain more? thanks :)

aeridest

May 10, 2008
want to share something. my ej6 also having starter problem. cold start no prob but if starting after few hour driving, its sound "creek, creekkkk, <pause> , creek". in my case, i close my door, wait a few second until all my door are locked, then it can start. maybe the starter rite?

haki

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kelantan
The ABS check light should lights up for 2sec after u turn on your ignition. If it didn't light up, maybe is the bulb is blown. There are possibilities some of the mechanic out there disconnect the connector for ABS hydraulic unit and the ABS check bulb because it will cost u a bomb to replace a faulty ABS pump.
Anyhow u can test the ABS function by driving above 80km/h and emergency brake. If your brake pedal vibrate/rattle then the ABS is still functioning.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

It has been known issue that standard EJ6 SO4 have starter problem. Try check if your car is still using the standard starter. If yes then u r advised to change the starter.
If it has been replaced before then ask your mechanic to install additional relay to the starter.

p.s:- new mitsuba high speed starter will cost u about RM170
bro do u have shop..or can u recomend me where good shop to install it?thanks

tsmlawz

Apr 8, 2008
Damansara/PJ
just a question guys, hope u guys can help me out with some queries.
does ABS ej/ek apply to 4/2 disc brakes?
btw am hunting 4 one as well, happen to knw any1 selling?

ioki

500 RPM
Jul 4, 2005
Puchong
bro do u have shop..or can u recomend me where good shop to install it?thanks
0122789652 ( KENNY )
SPOON SPORTS GARAGE

Maybe you can contact him. Well known for hondarians. very satisfy i would say judging from his work :-)

haki

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kelantan
0122789652 ( KENNY )
SPOON SPORTS GARAGE

Maybe you can contact him. Well known for hondarians. very satisfy i would say judging from his work :-)
tq ioki...but now im already at kelantan...anyone know good honda shop here? coz i need to change gear oil seal.leaking badly right now.and any ideal how much cost to top overhaul?? pls sifu help me

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Understand that install light weight crank pulley will help to change torque curve
compare with stock.
Btw, have any side effect after install ? Is it suit for all type of engine?
Any Mivec and CPS owner with this experiance?

Appreciate can share more as I plan to get one for my cars.

Thanks. :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience